Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 421 16.8%
  • 2/4

Votes: 904 36.1%
  • 5/8

Votes: 505 20.2%
  • 9/12

Votes: 170 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 210 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2015
NY
Blue Alpine Loop is one of my favorites (wearing it right now, in fact). The blue/gray aesthetic makes it very friendly to wear with almost anything. View attachment 2370476
Thank you! I just got home from the Apple Store with it. I think it looks even better in person, the blue matches my favorite jeans perfectly. And probably because it’s brand new, it feels a lot more comfortable and stretchy compared to my older green alpine loop.

tucogovinda

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2015
In and around the D.
Yeah has the versatility of blue jeans.
Great description, yes!
Thank you! I just got home from the Apple Store with it. I think it looks even better in person, the blue matches my favorite jeans perfectly. And probably because it’s brand new, it feels a lot more comfortable and stretchy compared to my older green alpine loop.
Enjoy!

Reactions: bandcandy

bandcandy

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2024
Sizing numbers on the back would help you find them with Bandbreite - being that some colors/combos are specific mm type. Like, that ProdRed - is it 42/44 or 45? Etc.
I feel pretty sure I’ve got PR gen 1 and 3. Thanks for your tip.

By the way, aren’t you the person whose completion of the PR SB collection convinced you to collect all the SBs?

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Good thought. All the new bands are 44mm. The seller thinks she bought them all between 2021-2023. Here’s an image with the band sizes.

BB is a great app, and I cross reference this thread and chargerstore’s images on eBay for comparison photos. Sometimes it’s really tough, though.

Edit: I guess the PR band I thought was 2020 has to be a different year, since 2020 didn’t have a 42mm band. So, the “old” PR band is a 1st or 2nd gen and the “new” one is a 3rd or 4th gen. Did the 1st gen PR bands have the PR logo on the inside of the band?

1st gen had PR labelling but 2nd did not.

Your Grapefruit is probably Flamingo, your Northern Blue looks like Cactus to me, and your Ginger is almost certainly Pollen if those sizes are what's on the back.

Your new bands are White Gen 2, Black Gen 2, Midnight Blue Gen 2, Plum, Cyprus Green, and Red 3rd Gen.

Locking in my guesses to be peer reviewed. I'll message you with some resources for comparisons. @athousandbands has an excellent museum!

bandcandy

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2024
1st gen had PR labelling but 2nd did not.

Your Grapefruit is probably Flamingo, your Northern Blue looks like Cactus to me, and your Ginger is almost certainly Pollen if those sizes are what's on the back.

Your new bands are White Gen 2, Black Gen 2, Midnight Blue Gen 2, Plum, Cyprus Green, and Red 3rd Gen.

Locking in my guesses to be peer reviewed. I'll message you with some resources for comparisons. @athousandbands has an excellent museum!
Oh that’s very helpful to know. I’m even more convinced these are Prod Red g 1 and 3, since they both have the PR labeling.

Your eye is very good! I think you’re right on most of that. I wasn’t sure if it was going to be peach or flamingo, and I’m not sure on midnight blue g2 vs. deep navy. I’m not sure how to differentiate white g2 from starlight without much similar for comparison. I have the Nike SBs with a white background (such as the 2020 pride), but I’m not sure how they compare.

Here’s my updated assumptions. After looking at a number of the photos on this forum, I think I might have beryl rather than seafoam.

I wasn’t right about many of my assumptions. The suggestion to cross-check band size was VERY helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_2517.jpeg
    IMG_2517.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2511.jpeg
    IMG_2511.jpeg
    436.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2514.jpeg
    IMG_2514.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 50
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.