Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 422 16.8%
  • 2/4

Votes: 903 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 505 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 210 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

AndreaV91

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2019
Italy
Third time unlucky though... the papaya box had a switched fake band inside with obviously black, not colour lugs. Refund return but disappointment and hassle!
That happened to me just a few days ago, was the return process smooth? I was a bit afraid they could think I was the one putting the non-OEM band inside. It was also very weird cause the box was sealed with the typical sticker but once opened it had a band with black lugs.

Reactions: Bernardinho

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
That happened to me just a few days ago, was the return process smooth? I was a bit afraid they could think I was the one putting the non-OEM band inside. It was also very weird cause the box was sealed with the typical sticker but once opened it had a band with black lugs.
Alas the return process is slow, a courier label has been printed, item still to be sent, then I’ve 7 working days from amazon receiving item until the refund. In my case the band was already opened (previously returnednitem) so I am not surprised if this happens a lot especially if not carefully checked. The two switched parts were surprisingly good colour match Yet obvious fakes, and the small section was still the original..
I do know of someone who received a SEALED ceramic edition watch from a reseller, but with a totally broken cheaper watch switched inside. The reseller was suspicious until checking the serial number (still thankfully on the box sticker) with Apple able to confirm that watch had already been activated well before the sale. The buyer got an eBay refund. So it seems Apple style tabs and seals can be faked after tampering.

Reactions: twanj

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Picture the scene: you have just completed a full collection of Apple Watch sport bands (and yes maybe the Nike ones too) but your balloon is losing height rapidly. You calculate exactly three of your precious bands will have to be jettisoned in order to clear the crocodile infested swamp below and escape total disaster. Which three can you live without? ;-)

That’s a tough one...mine will probably be:

1) Nike Hyper Grape sport loop
2) Midnight blue leather loop
3) argh...can’t really decide between Cocoa sport band, dark grey sport band, or dark teal sport band...so I’ll probably be eaten alive by the crocs. ??‍♂️

EDIT: read that completely wrong. Lol. Those are the ones I COULDN’T live without. I love the Hypergrape. If I have to choose ones to get rid of it’ll probably be walnut sport band and all the new dual tone sport loops I have.

Last edited:

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
That’s a tough one...mine will probably be:

1) Nike Hyper Grape sport loop
2) Midnight blue leather loop
3) argh...can’t really decide between Cocoa sport band, dark grey sport band, or dark teal sport band...so I’ll probably be eaten alive by the crocs. ??‍♂️

if we can do sport loops, my least fav are prolly

Spearmint
Lilac
Smokey Mauve
Storm Gray

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
Picture the scene: you have just completed a full collection of Apple Watch sport bands (and yes maybe the Nike ones too) but your balloon is losing height rapidly. You calculate exactly three of your precious bands will have to be jettisoned in order to clear the crocodile infested swamp below and escape total disaster. Which three can you live without? ;-)

Pine green
Dark Olive - actually no; OG Black. I never wear it and forgot I had it
Black / Volt Nike
[automerge]1574574439[/automerge]

jeremyfernie

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2019
Mississauga, Canada
If I have to choose ones to get rid of it’ll probably be walnut sport band and all the new dual tone sport loops I have.

And here I thought I was the only one that wasn’t so keen on the new (dual tone) sport loop style. Despite being so into band collecting (38 deep as of today), I have to say that I’m just not interested in any of the dual tone options.

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe

apricot, mist blue and canary yellow... but I’m already planning a rescue mission to redeem this betrayal!

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
And here I thought I was the only one that wasn’t so keen on the new (dual tone) sport loop style. Despite being so into band collecting (38 deep as of today), I have to say that I’m just not interested in any of the dual tone options.

I agree - looks a bit like wearing the parts of 2 different sport bands to me (which I did once with original Product Red and the original green as it was Christmas). I don’t like the sport loop at all however. My S4 came with one and I was honestly able to say it was worn no more than twice when I sold it with the same band a few weeks ago.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia

Dual tone colours aside, I’m actually quite disappointed with the quality compared to the previous sport loops. The material is thinner and feels flimsier than the ones before.

The last set that was released was probably my favourite in terms of colours, stitching, and quality of the material.

Reactions: Nonie M. and twanj

kevin.blueberry

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2015
I can have the following bands for 25 bucks, good deal or not ? In perfect condition :

Capture d’écran 2019-11-24 à 12.46.15.png

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
Dual tone colours aside, I’m actually quite disappointed with the quality compared to the previous sport loops. The material is thinner and feels flimsier than the ones before.

The last set that was released was probably my favourite in terms of colours, stitching, and quality of the material.

I've been meaning to bring this up...

I had to return my first loop (Midnight Blue 2nd gen) to Apple because it was defective.

And all these new sport loops look kinda messed up near the connector.

The last velcro tab doesn't seem to stick as well either.\

:mad:

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
I saw the noir 44mm single tour available in my Apple store app and I jumped to get it.. oh save me...

anyways I think the black lugs should match well with the ceramic... we shall see..

Reactions: supertomtom

jeremyfernie

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2019
Mississauga, Canada
I saw the noir 44mm single tour available in my Apple store app and I jumped to get it.. oh save me...

anyways I think the black lugs should match well with the ceramic... we shall see..

??? Didn’t they remove it? What country?

EDIT: I thought they removed it, but it’s still there when picking any other single tour band & subsequently choosing it in the sub menu of styles.. but “unavailable” right now, for Canada.

Last edited:

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Lilac
I've been meaning to bring this up...

I had to return my first loop (Midnight Blue 2nd gen) to Apple because it was defective.

And all these new sport loops look kinda messed up near the connector.

The last velcro tab doesn't seem to stick as well either.\

:mad:
yeah! I feel like my camel and midnight blue two tones don’t attach super well on the velcro furthest from the lug.

I don’t mind the two tone style generally as much as I think many of the trim colors along the outside edge just don’t match any existing watch very well.

Specifically Alaskan Blue, Khaki, Pomegrante. Just so drab. I guess, yeah, when you have a bunch of different colors it’s hard to make it all match.

That said, camel is amazing and I’m looking forward to getting the purply product red.

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
??? Didn’t they remove it? What country?

EDIT: I thought they removed it, but it’s still there when picking any other single tour band & subsequently choosing it in the sub menu of styles.. but “unavailable” right now, for Canada.

yes that’s exactly how i stumbled upon it! I’m in Singapore :)

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
oh man, I wish I didn’t know this. There’s still stock of the 44mm noir single tour on the Australian Apple online store... ?

i think it's a restock batch (maybe final one), as a lot of other bands also have the same availability date in the apple stores..

Go get it! it might be the final chance haha..

Reactions: supertomtom
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.