Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 423 16.9%
  • 2/4

Votes: 903 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 505 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 210 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
Well we have no physical Apple Stores at all, so there are downsides too.

We also only got an an eSIM provider for the LTE watch on 13th December, and until then we’ve only had the aluminium watches since the S3 came out. Even now we don’t get Edition or Hermes models. I scored what I think is a good deal on an S4 Hermes last week, but I was bought in the UK originally. I think it was worth buying for the bands alone, and I don’t plan to wear the watch, but I’d like to get my wife a Hermes for her birthday in March which means getting it from Australia.

I think people must like bigger watches down here - I found a branch of a store that’s probably Apple’s biggest authorised reseller with pretty much all of the whole chain’s inventory of discontinued bands a couple of weeks ago, and all the ones I wanted were only available in small sizes. To be fair they didn’t have anything older than mid 2018 colours. I managed to score a Spruce Fog and a Teal Tint Nike Sport band though.

Anyway, I just typed up an offer to buy them on your behalf and then went to check, and they’re sold out... Sorry. My Mellow Yellow arrived today so it wasn’t a mistake.
[automerge]1579072957[/automerge]
So, I was thinking today that I found this thread about 2 months ago following a quick Google search after a casual “I wonder how many different bands Apple has released” comment while talking with my wife.

I had 23 bands at that time. Today I have 37. I’m blaming you lot...
[automerge]1579086001[/automerge]
With just 8 more sport band colours to collect I’m slowing right down and waiting for lucky finds, thank you for thinking to help, but I have a hope rarities at lower prices will still appear on occasion! Well done for mellow yellow, one of my favourites,

Last edited:

francoc02o

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
interesting; the Hermes orange has three fewer holes than all the others. Is that 38/40 or 42/44? I haven’t noticed that with my 44mm, but I only got it yesterday so I may not have noticed.
All of my bands are 42/44mm. And I use the S/M size for then strap in every band but the Hermès since it only came with the M/L size , that’s way I have to go to the last hole.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
View attachment 888605
My Apple sport band collection (40 original bands), for comparison purposes:

Upper row:
- Cocoa
- Walnut
- Khaki
- Pine Green
- Midnight Blue
- Dark Teal
- Alaskan Blue
- Delf Blue
- Orange
- Pink
- Hermès Orange
- Papaya
- Yellow
- Lemonade
- Lemon Cream
- Antique White
- Blue (2nd gen)
- Cornflower
- Lilac
- Sky Blue

Second Row:
- Lavender Gray
- Ultra Violet
- White
- Black (1st gen)
- Stone
- Concrete
- Fog
- Lavender
- Dragon Fruit
- Light Pink
- Vintage Rose
- Pink Sand
- Camellia
- Rose Red
- Red
- Red Raspberry
- Green
- Spirmint
- Mint
- Turquoise

I never knew they came out with an original black sport band with a regular stainless steel pin. I’ve only seen them with space black stainless steel pins.

francoc02o

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
I never knew they came out with an original black sport band with a regular stainless steel pin. I’ve only seen them with space black stainless steel pins.
Yes. The back in 2015 , the black sport band use to come in different versions, including the silver stainless steel pin, and another size version with M/L & L/XL. Also, the color is a darker black, not like the correct black (which is more like a dark gray). 2015 black is as black as today’s Hermès black sport band.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Yes. The back in 2015 , the black sport band use to come in different versions, including the silver stainless steel pin, and another size version with M/L & L/XL. Also, the color is a darker black, not like the correct black (which is more like a dark gray). 2015 black is as black as today’s Hermès black sport band.

Nice!

JonoNZ

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Well we have no physical Apple Stores at all, so there are downsides too.

We also only got an an eSIM provider for the LTE watch on 13th December, and until then we’ve only had the aluminium watches since the S3 came out. Even now we don’t get Edition or Hermes models. I scored what I think is a good deal on an S4 Hermes last week, but I was bought in the UK originally. I think it was worth buying for the bands alone, and I don’t plan to wear the watch, but I’d like to get my wife a Hermes for her birthday in March which means getting it from Australia.

I think people must like bigger watches down here - I found a branch of a store that’s probably Apple’s biggest authorised reseller with pretty much all of the whole chain’s inventory of discontinued bands a couple of weeks ago, and all the ones I wanted were only available in small sizes. To be fair they didn’t have anything older than mid 2018 colours. I managed to score a Spruce Fog and a Teal Tint Nike Sport band though.

Anyway, I just typed up an offer to buy them on your behalf and then went to check, and they’re sold out... Sorry. My Mellow Yellow arrived today so it wasn’t a mistake.
[automerge]1579072957[/automerge]
So, I was thinking today that I found this thread about 2 months ago following a quick Google search after a casual “I wonder how many different bands Apple has released” comment while talking with my wife.

I had 23 bands at that time. Today I have 37. I’m blaming you lot...
Thanks for the heads-up. I picked up a Mellow Yellow 44mm too.

I'd expect these are on the AU online store too as AU and NZ stores are fulfilled from the same place.

Reactions: FenC

jeremyfernie

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2019
Mississauga, Canada
As much as I love the Apple Watch and band collecting, I have to say — IMO, of course — Apple keeps doing so many desaturated options, that it’s getting a little “dull”! (See what I did there?)

The Nike pink blast options are examples of rare exceptions these days, in my eyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: twanj

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
As much as I love the Apple Watch and band collecting, I have to say — IMO, of course — Apple keeps doing so many desaturated options, that it’s getting a little “dull”! (See what I did there?)

The Nike pink blast options are examples of rare exceptions these days, in my eyes.

So, long story short: In light of how many non-vibrant and/or grayscale options I currently own, I opted to just go with the black&blue. I know, I know.. I’m not taking this whole thing serious enough, am I ;)
I feel you, the pivot to black this fall was disheartening but I’m assuming it’s backed up by sales data. As much as I loved the flak/mauve/teal season and as coveted as those bands are on the resale market maybe they were too weird for joe and jane sixpack

jeremyfernie

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2019
Mississauga, Canada
I feel you, the pivot to black this fall was disheartening but I’m assuming it’s backed up by sales data. As much as I loved the flak/mauve/teal season and as coveted as those bands are on the resale market maybe they were too weird for joe and jane sixpack

I don’t mind the black as long as it’s got a punch to it (aka pink blast). It’s just the non-stop parade of pastel / muted options. I suppose the bright side is that I’m saving a little $ in the meantime ;)

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Some of it follows both current fashion and the seasons. I expect we’ll see some brighter colors in the spring. But, yeah, I’m pretty much set for muted colors.

While we’re at it, could we get some more purple and green, and not six more shades of blue?

Last edited:

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
If you have any silver stainless steel Apple Watch the black sport band with silver pin is the perfect match so it’s vital to seek out! Originally apple was keen to provide matching pin bands for several of the watch cases such as gold and rose gold ( and 24k gold edition!). Now the streamlined Apple Watch ordering method avoids such consideration, ( except for the included ceramic edition or Hermes sport bands. I assume the titanium edition sports bands have a matching titanium pin too. )

Reactions: JBlass421

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
So, getting back to the unreleased Nike Sport Bands, my assumption was that they are pre-release "escapees" from the factory and we'll see them launched by Apple in Spring. Presumably the factory has to start making them well before launch, and in fact may make the entire run before launch (hence why some colours run out early, if they are more popular than was expected when they were being ordered).

On that basis I'm sort of chilled about getting them from the source versus picking them up officially when they become available.

Are others thinking they might never see the light of day through Apple though?

jeremyfernie

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2019
Mississauga, Canada
In case anyone was hoping to nab one but didn't: Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Single Tour S5 appears to be available in the US, at least.. but not the band itself, currently. Could be a sign that it will be soon, though.

Altaira9

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2019
Anyone looking for a 42/44mm black/volt Nike sport band with a black pin? I ordered it on eBay, the seller had the size wrong. It’s without the box but looks completely new, nice matte finish still.

twanj

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
Desert Sand/Volt loop

inside office lighting and outdoor sunlight. I like this one, was on the fence before having it in person

07FC0905-887B-4706-A0B7-1113FCFFADF7.jpeg
9552CF1C-7E23-4573-92DC-213CE5288B93.jpeg
BF1C0419-EFCE-414F-8FD0-5EDC2315D7D1.jpeg
EEEA6576-9B25-4ACA-B605-CDC738793333.jpeg

nattK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
Ugh March can't come sooner enough. I want new band options!! Hopefully they bring back the classic buckle too - it's the only standard (non-Hermès) Apple leather band that doesn't have magnets that could affect the S5's compass.

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
Hey everyone, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I’m selling a bunch of my Apple Watch bands. Mostly my Apple Sport Loop and Nike Sport Band and Loop collections. They’re listed on eBay, and you can message me if you have any questions!

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Hey everyone, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I’m selling a bunch of my Apple Watch bands. Mostly my Apple Sport Loop and Nike Sport Band and Loop collections. They’re listed on eBay, and you can message me if you have any questions!
Rather than shade these eye watering numbers you’ve chosen (not including shipping)...may I kindly suggest better/more encouraging descriptions? Just saying “used” and “pre-owned” and letting the eBay copypasta put the words “cosmetic wear” as the only meaningful detail might hurt your sales. Just saying this because the bands look to be in great condition, ie nice stiff/straight loops and a clean sheen to the fluoros.

Could be that I stan chargerstore too hard and perhaps overestimate the general public’s comfort with his offerings compared to a seller in the good old US of A with boxes intact but I would look at his pricing on the Nike fluoros...

all that said you might get me and twanj in a bidding war for that canary loop, that one is super rare, though I kinda want it in 40mm ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CarlJ and twanj

JagSmith

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2017
Can you post a link to your listings on eBay? Thank you.

JagSmith

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2017
THANK YOU! but where is the White that's current now as of Sept 2018, in the regular Sport Bands?
I just updated the chart with the Fall 2019 bands... The chart is reaching to the limit of the maximum artboard size of Illustrator, so next update would be tricky to make. I'll have to think of a different way of presenting the chart, or separate it in several.

Download link for full version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7c377b6efqze37/Apple Watch Bands.jpg?dl=0

Thumbnail:
View attachment 857621
[automerge]1579784321[/automerge]
I just updated the chart with the Fall 2019 bands... The chart is reaching to the limit of the maximum artboard size of Illustrator, so next update would be tricky to make. I'll have to think of a different way of presenting the chart, or separate it in several.

Download link for full version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7c377b6efqze37/Apple Watch Bands.jpg?dl=0

Thumbnail:
View attachment 857621
The link for the full version doesn't work. Is it the same as the thumbnail picture? Thanks.

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
I picked up the Flash band this week. It's a nice change from Yellow. Never thought I'd get it after seeing it go for $255 on ebay but it came up reasonable last week.
Yes it’s so expensive that a couple of ‘new’ Boxed versions have been happily unsold for years on eBay uk. I finally found one in the wrong size for me (44mm and boxless) but it kind-of completes the yellow set and was very cheap. Flash colour is one that when sold as used often shows discolouration, and this seems always a blueish patchiness in photos. My one looks ok, but isn’t perfect. When flash came out it seemed startling and fluorescent compared with anything else, but now the gaps in yellow shades are filled with lemonade, lemon cream, canary so it’s less of a surprise to compare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.