Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 424 16.9%
  • 2/4

Votes: 904 36.0%
  • 5/8

Votes: 506 20.1%
  • 9/12

Votes: 171 6.8%
  • 12/15

Votes: 98 3.9%
  • 16/20

Votes: 71 2.8%
  • more than 20

Votes: 212 8.4%
  • more than 50

Votes: 61 2.4%
  • more than 100

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • more than 200

Votes: 25 1.0%
  • more than 250

Votes: 4 0.2%
  • more than 300

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • more than 400

Votes: 1 0.0%
  • more than 500

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • more than 600

Votes: 3 0.1%

• Total voters

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
ebay username jasonhensley3535

As mentioned, chargerstore is cheaper.

I picked up the Flash band this week. It's a nice change from Yellow. Never thought I'd get it after seeing it go for $255 on ebay but it came up reasonable last week.

I accept offers, and the prices I put are competitive with the others for sale and recently sold.
[automerge]1579791277[/automerge]
Rather than shade these eye watering numbers you’ve chosen (not including shipping)...may I kindly suggest better/more encouraging descriptions? Just saying “used” and “pre-owned” and letting the eBay copypasta put the words “cosmetic wear” as the only meaningful detail might hurt your sales. Just saying this because the bands look to be in great condition, ie nice stiff/straight loops and a clean sheen to the fluoros.

Could be that I stan chargerstore too hard and perhaps overestimate the general public’s comfort with his offerings compared to a seller in the good old US of A with boxes intact but I would look at his pricing on the Nike fluoros...

all that said you might get me and twanj in a bidding war for that canary loop, that one is super rare, though I kinda want it in 40mm ?

I’m willing to come down on a lot of the prices, I just went high on some of the bands to see if anyone would jump on them out of desperation. Several already have lol. I’m not going to take the time to type up a description for each band, I’m listing something like 80 bands, but I took good pictures so you can see their conditions.

Reactions: twanj

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I accept offers, and the prices I put are competitive with the others for sale and recently sold.
[automerge]1579791277[/automerge]

I’m willing to come down on a lot of the prices, I just went high on some of the bands to see if anyone would jump on them out of desperation. Several already have lol. I’m not going to take the time to type up a description for each band, I’m listing something like 80 bands, but I took good pictures so you can see their conditions.
Ok willing to come down on prices makes all the difference...that’s some helpful context. Does that mean you’ll do them via DM on this forum to skip e*** fees?
[automerge]1579801728[/automerge]
Yes it’s so expensive that a couple of ‘new’ Boxed versions have been happily unsold for years on eBay uk. I finally found one in the wrong size for me (44mm and boxless) but it kind-of completes the yellow set and was very cheap. Flash colour is one that when sold as used often shows discolouration, and this seems always a blueish patchiness in photos. My one looks ok, but isn’t perfect. When flash came out it seemed startling and fluorescent compared with anything else, but now the gaps in yellow shades are filled with lemonade, lemon cream, canary so it’s less of a surprise to compare.
Yeah flash is quite nice. I figured it was just loud volt by any other name I wasn’t going to get it but then I had to try really hard to come up with a birthday present idea for my mom that year and they were out of rose or raspberry red or something and I’m so glad I got it at normal price. And then someone on reddit didn’t know what he had and did it for 53 NIB for the 38mm.

You’re exactly right though, it really slots in better against all those newer yellows but also feels different enough to where I’m not tempted by everything that isn’t my big three of yellow, mellow yellow, and flash.

Last edited:

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
Ok willing to come down on prices makes all the difference...that’s some helpful context. Does that mean you’ll do them via DM on this forum to skip e*** fees?
[automerge]1579801728[/automerge]

Yeah flash is quite nice. I figured it was just loud volt by any other name I wasn’t going to get it but then I had to try really hard to come up with a birthday present idea for my mom that year and they were out of rose or raspberry red or something and I’m so glad I got it at normal price. And then someone on reddit didn’t know what he had and did it for 53 NIB for the 38mm.

You’re exactly right though, it really slots in better against all those newer yellows but also feels different enough to where I’m not tempted by everything that isn’t my big three of yellow, mellow yellow, and flash.
That is correct. DM me if anyone is looking for any Sport Loop from Apple or Nike, or any Nike Sport Band, I have them all.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
PSA Nike has a few discontinued sport loops on sale on their website right now. You can grab a Smoky Mauve or Teal Tint for $39 right now. Looks like it’s 44 mm only and my guess is these are a few bands someone found in a warehouse. I ordered a Celestial Teal sport band from the Nike site on Sunday and it showed sold out by the next morning, so they definitely don’t have many of these old bands left.

https://www.nike.com/t/apple-watch-44mm-teal-tint-sport-loop-nT4glj/MTML2AMA-200

https://www.nike.com/t/apple-watch-44mm-teal-tint-sport-loop-nT4glj/MV8C2AMA-301

Reactions: CarlJ and twanj

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
PSA Nike has a few discontinued sport loops on sale on their website right now. You can grab a Smoky Mauve or Teal Tint for $39 right now. Looks like it’s 44 mm only and my guess is these are a few bands someone found in a warehouse. I ordered a Celestial Teal sport band from the Nike site on Sunday and it showed sold out by the next morning, so they definitely don’t have many of these old bands left.

https://www.nike.com/t/apple-watch-44mm-teal-tint-sport-loop-nT4glj/MTML2AMA-200

https://www.nike.com/t/apple-watch-44mm-teal-tint-sport-loop-nT4glj/MV8C2AMA-301
Holy schnikes you are the homie! I just got some cheap shoes in teal tint and was getting close to paying double this off eBay...

how did you even find these? Can’t get it to show up in search in app or website. There’s a 20% sale on plus 3% back for Apple Card. What a find!

edit: I see, must have been in the suggestions at the bottom of the product pages for the current bands...damn another place to compulsively check every day ?

Last edited:

jeremyfernie

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2019
Mississauga, Canada
Holy schnikes you are the homie! I just got some cheap shoes in teal tint and was getting close to paying double this off eBay...

how did you even find these? Can’t get it to show up in search in app or website. There’s a 20% sale on plus 3% back for Apple Card. What a find!

Canadian's still have no Apple Watch related product on Nike's web store.. so weak!

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX

Yeah I picked up a used SBSS S5 for a good price on Friday and had spent the whole weekend looking for a Celestial Teal sport band to go with it. I had seen some pictures of the celestial teal with the SBSS earlier in this thread and the combo looked really sharp. I was about to break down and pay eBay prices, but decided to do a google search to see if there were any other sources I had missed. Lo and behold the official Nike site came up in the search results! At first I thought it was just an old link but it turned out to be active and going back a level on the page navigation led me to those sport bands too. I had to pay the full $50 for the Celestial Teal sport band, but it sure beats paying eBay prices! I’m not a huge fan of the sport loops so I figured someone else might as well enjoy them!

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Yeah I picked up a used SBSS S5 for a good price on Friday and had spent the whole weekend looking for a Celestial Teal sport band to go with it. I had seen some pictures of the celestial teal with the SBSS earlier in this thread and the combo looked really sharp. I was about to break down and pay eBay prices, but decided to do a google search to see if there were any other sources I had missed. Lo and behold the official Nike site came up in the search results! At first I thought it was just an old link but it turned out to be active and going back a level on the page navigation led me to those sport bands too. I had to pay the full $50 for the Celestial Teal sport band, but it sure beats paying eBay prices! I’m not a huge fan of the sport loops so I figured someone else might as well enjoy them!
Nike is so weird...they found some truly ancient pre-reflective crimson loops not too long ago too. Not sure I don’t regret getting that one, I think it was full price. Glad I have a celestial teal in 44mm already or else I’d have major fomo. That fall 2018 Nike collection was when I woke up to “don’t think and just get the bands you like now” hoarder/obsessive mentality.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
Nike is so weird...they found some truly ancient pre-reflective crimson loops not too long ago too. Not sure I don’t regret getting that one, I think it was full price. Glad I have a celestial teal in 44mm already or else I’d have major fomo. That fall 2018 Nike collection was when I woke up to “don’t think and just get the bands you like now” hoarder/obsessive mentality.

ive been burned too many times with bands being so overpriced aftermarket or just overall RARE

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
Ugh March can't come sooner enough. I want new band options!! Hopefully they bring back the classic buckle too - it's the only standard (non-Hermès) Apple leather band that doesn't have magnets that could affect the S5's compass.

I can't say I really care about the compass on the S5, but today I'm wearing the OG black leather loop that came with my launch-day S0 SS and I thought I'd check the effect.

Compared with my 11 Pro Max the watch is showing North at almost exactly 90 degrees to the true location, so the effect is pretty significant. And I'm not sure there is a way tell it's happening as the needle swings naturally enough, just pointing to the east.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019

Thank you for that! I just ordered the Olive Flak Nike Sport Loop. I’ve always wanted that one but missed my opportunity on it. It was also discounted which was nice!

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Fry’s is super weird beware! A lot of things you get to the final checkout and it’s not available to ship.

And a few weeks ago I ordered a 38mm white check nylon and they wanted $15 shipping but they emailed to say it’s actually open box and I got the price down to $5 so it wasn’t so bad. But then the band came and it was a 42mm seashell loop!

But if you can get to a store (Bay Area seems to have the best stock), there’s less risk and more available (if the site is to be believed)

thank you though @MacDevil7334! You’re doing great work

Last edited:
Reactions: twanj and oarx

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Fry’s is super weird beware! A lot of things you get to the final checkout and it’s not available to ship.

And a few weeks ago I ordered a 38mm white check nylon and they wanted $15 shipping but they emailed to say it’s actually open box and I got the price down to $5 so it wasn’t so bad. But then the band came and it was a 42mm seashell loop!

But if you can get to a store (Bay Area seems to have the best stock), there’s less risk and more available (if the site is to be believed)

thank you though @MacDevil7334! You’re doing great work
Ah yeah I've never bought from Fry's before so I didn't know how reliable they are. But, I figured I'd share since I came across them while looking around the internet. Also, Best Buy is having a sale and appears to have some discontinued bands in stock (including some Classic Buckles). I don't know if they will be the same story as Fry's when it comes to old stock. But, there look to be a few solid deals going. See my post in the discounts thread for a full list.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Ah yeah I've never bought from Fry's before so I didn't know how reliable they are. But, I figured I'd share since I came across them while looking around the internet. Also, Best Buy is having a sale and appears to have some discontinued bands in stock (including some Classic Buckles). I don't know if they will be the same story as Fry's when it comes to old stock. But, there look to be a few solid deals going. See my post in the discounts thread for a full list.
Fry’s isn’t sketch generally. They’re a California institution. There’s a cool article somewhere about their history and how each store has a fun wacky tacky theme. Just clearly their site and stock system is old. Not to beat a dead horse but a lot of the eBay wholesalers have better deals on those ancient nylon buckles. *rushes to best buy*

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
Fry’s isn’t sketch generally. They’re a California institution. There’s a cool article somewhere about their history and how each store has a fun wacky tacky theme. Just clearly their site and stock system is old. Not to beat a dead horse but a lot of the eBay wholesalers have better deals on those ancient nylon buckles. *rushes to best buy*

I kind of wonder how much longer Fry’s will be around. I was in a local Fry’s store a couple of weeks before Christmas and I was shocked at what I saw there. The store hardly had any inventory, but did have vast amounts of empty shelves. The Apple section of the store had zero Apple laptops/desktops and only photo copies of what was usually there for sale. I thought that maybe they were closing that particular store, but it is still there as of last week. I found a few websites where people were noticing the same thing at their local Fry’s stores.

Last edited:
Reactions: athousandbands

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I kind of wonder how much longer Fry’s will be around. I was in a local Fry’s store a couple of weeks before Christmas and I was shocked at what I saw there. The store hardly had any inventory and vast amounts of empty shelves.
The San Diego store never got a theme - it's converted from an Incredible Universe store. Back in the day, it was a busy place that had everything (the checkout line would habitually have 20 people in it, even with a dozen registers running). The last time or two I've stopped in to see if they had something, it has seemed like it was at death's door - went in to look at printers, and got the impression that all they had were the demos and refurbs, little if any new stock. I wish they were doing better, I suspect Amazon has eaten a bunch of the profitable middle out of their business (no doubt with some treating Frys as a showroom, going there to look at things before buying online).

The San Diego store is kind of depressing now (which causes me to actively not want to visit, possibly the same for others)... don't know how the other locations are doing (aside from your comments). In its heyday, the themed stores were amazing (the Burbank store had a 50's sci-fi move theme, with a giant flying saucer roof, if I recall correctly - the bit that really stuck with me was an army surplus jeep in the middle of one of the wider aisles, that had been melted in half by the flying saucer's death ray).

Aside from consumer electronics, they've been a great resource for electronics parts for hobbyists. I'll be particularly sad to see that go.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008

Older bands and loops often show up on the chinese nike site. I got my olive flak sport band that way - and the box definitely did look like it was found in a warehouse and knocked about a bit. Never any discounts though, when they show up. :(

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Older bands and loops often show up on the chinese nike site. I got my olive flak sport band that way - and the box definitely did look like it was found in a warehouse and knocked about a bit. Never any discounts though, when they show up. :(
Yeah Nike needs to stop shipping the bands in that gray plastic they send clothes in. Even at launch my olive flak box was messed up. Yesterday my teal tint shipping bag had a massive gash and so did one of the band boxes. Those corners need at least a Usps cardboard envelope.

mizmimi02

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2014
Midwest
Are bands usually worth more if they have the box? I bought a Hibiscus, and a Nectarine Sport Loop (44mm), and I'm just not feeling the colors with my SS Gold. I have the boxes, but obviously I opened them. Just curious. :)

Bernardinho

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
East Sussex, UK, Europe
Are bands usually worth more if they have the box? I bought a Hibiscus, and a Nectarine Sport Loop (44mm), and I'm just not feeling the colors with my SS Gold. I have the boxes, but obviously I opened them. Just curious. :)
I’m always willing to spend more for a boxed example of a sport band: I suppose about twice as much. An expensive rarity with no box is particularly difficult to justify buying in the longer term, although rose red and lemonade were exceptions in my collection.

Last edited:
Reactions: twanj and mizmimi02
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.