Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
Well I don’t know about you but to me the EU volume limit switch is exactly that. Besides. Is someone is an audiophile then he doesn’t use an iPhone to listen to music, a device with a mid range DAC ;)

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
100dB is a lot, once you have proper isolated earphones you will not need more than that ;)

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
100dB is a lot, once you have proper isolated earphones you will not need more than that ;)

so in that sum..all the united states must be deaf because of no volume limit.

btw EU limit also decrease the sound quality in addition to volume level.

if you can, just compare two devices and see the difference

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK

I don't think the sound quality is any worse, but i kept my iPhone 4s (a replacement phone under Apple Care+) as it is much louder than any of my other iPhones. My guess is that my replacement phone came from outside the EU, as it is louder than other iPhone 4ss I have tried.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
I don't think the sound quality is any worse, but i kept my iPhone 4s (a replacement phone under Apple Care+) as it is much louder than any of my other iPhones. My guess is that my replacement phone came from outside the EU, as it is louder than other iPhone 4ss I have tried.

check the model number in settings - about section

mine SE ends with TU/A (manufactured for turkey region) EU volume limit included

5s ends with HB/A ( israel region) no volume limit, counts in middle east

your 4s might be HB/A or RU/A (russian region)

swap devices are mostly HB/A or RU/A

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011

Well what for? At 90% volume my ears hurt, so why would I need to set it louder than that?

PiratX

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2008
So, I am really glad someone noticed that issue. I was always buying US iPhones cause of this bug and not feature for me, I know EU wont let us hurt ours ears but the simple turn off switch should do it but they are pushing us to hack the iPhone and remove that plist that causes the iOS to have lower volume even if that is right thing for us, some people are doing extreme sports, riding a bike or many other things that want to have a loud music so they can enjoy at 100% what they do. My iPhone X first iPhone bought from the EU market, except the display problems have really low sound quality even when i am talking to the phone, so I am trying to find the hack with iBackupBot, this is the only way to do it without jailbreak or something. Anyone tried it the last year or iOS 11?

Just to make thing clearer here: AirPods wont give me that low sound earpods does and of course I dont see that yellow and red bars on the sound change notification when the volume goes up to max. Never again EU iPhone.

Reactions: Makale.Helvetia

PiratX

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2008
Just tried the iBackupBot hack but seconds before the restore ends I got a message saying I need to restart my iPhone and try again. Anyone got it on iOS 11.4?

Reactions: Makale.Helvetia

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
Just tried the iBackupBot hack but seconds before the restore ends I got a message saying I need to restart my iPhone and try again. Anyone got it on iOS 11.4?

Tried to find many ways to remove the eu limit but all of them were unsuccessfull. Apple patched that and it’s unable to remove it without a jailbreak if it’s brokeable.. I stop searching and bought a headphone amplifier. Headphone output is more loud and colorful :)

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Reactions: racerhomie

Flat tracker

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2018
Well I don’t know about you but to me the EU volume limit switch is exactly that. Besides. Is someone is an audiophile then he doesn’t use an iPhone to listen to music, a device with a mid range DAC ;)

The DAC in iPhones are really great performers. Test has shown that they messure better then most ”high end” DACs portable or stationary.
And the amp section is very good if you use sub 100 ohm headphones.
So audiophiles should listen to music throu iPhone (if they can live with the volume limit when using less sensitive headphones).

Reactions: racerhomie

racerhomie

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2015
India
Because people like it. It's a free world, right :)
And it's beautiful....
81f4d8b00fea7cdded88590c1090d0fa.png
Please stop ruining  OS & go to Android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.