Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
Appears to be fixed for me. Been wearing my watch for about an hour so far this morning and still at 100% battery. Prior to the newest beta I'd be down 10-12% by now

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
I had to reset and restore my Watch series 4 from a back up. Since then the battery life has been great. I went a full 12 hours yesterday and was only down to 75% and when I woke up the next day it was only down to 50%. Huge improvement.

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
I am now on iOS 13 PB5 (DB6) with WatchOS 5.3 and the battery life is the best I’ve ever had (based on a single charge cycle to date admittedly)

My iPhone XR lasted 2 days and 2 hours and my Watch Series 4 an incredible 2 days and 12 hours to reach 3% (with usage of 4hrs 53mins).

Charged them both today and hoping for more of the same.

Last edited:

bigboy29

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2016
Not fixed here.

Wow sucks to hear! I too have pretty much the best battery life ever from my Apple watch since the last PB was installed on my phone!!

Did you reboot your watch after latest PB was installed on the phone? Nothing directed me to do so but I did it anyway. My theory was that there might be a runaway process on the watch side also.

Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Wow sucks to hear! I too have pretty much the best battery life ever from my Apple watch since the last PB was installed on my phone!!

Did you reboot your watch after latest PB was installed on the phone? Nothing directed me to do so but I did it anyway. My theory was that there might be a runaway process on the watch side also.
I have also resetted the watch. Gonna look at it again. Before I only had to charge it 1-2 times a week. And now 3-4 times.

PastaPrimav

Suspended
Nov 6, 2017
Yep.

Real high quality release they are gearing up for.

If you don't know it already, iOS 13 release is going to be a disaster. No, this is not "just beta" and all will be magically fixed in the next 4 weeks. That's not how it works. Anyone with experience can tell this is going to be one god awful release that takes several more months to approach anything close to the stability of iOS 12.

Reactions: GIZBUG

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Yep.

Real high quality release they are gearing up for.

If you don't know it already, iOS 13 release is going to be a disaster. No, this is not "just beta" and all will be magically fixed in the next 4 weeks. That's not how it works. Anyone with experience can tell this is going to be one god awful release that takes several more months to approach anything close to the stability of iOS 12.
I know, right? Apple Mail is broken, Safari on the iPad is freezing all the time. Second problem is because iPadOS has problems with the RAM management.

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
With the latest beta update, watch battery life is back to normal. So relieved. I am not going to signing up for Beta version next summer. This year's experience has not been good at all. My keyboard freezes up, some functions do not work in Outlook, Chrome crashes and so forth. Not a very stable OS.

BulkSlash

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2013
Battery life of my Series 4 is back to normal with this beta too. Apple giveth and Apple taketh away though as Beta 6 seems flakier than Beta 5 on the iPad, I’ve had a few resprings and Mail is glitchy on both iPhone and iPad.

Rob2775

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2018
Installed iOS 13.1 (non-beta - general availability) on my iPhone X overnight - both it and my Apple Watch Series 4 were on charge until 7am. Left for work with both and it's now 4.30pm and the AW4 is at 8% battery - I normally get a day and a half charge out of the watch, certainly never finish the day with anything less than about 60%. This clearly wasn't fixed for all users when it came out of beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.