Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
So, Far Cry 6 got officially announced after it got leaked a couple of days early. I've pre-ordered the PlayStation-version immediately. Anyone else looking forward to this game?

Here's the first trailer;

Reactions: tranceking26

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I'm definitely interested. FC2 and FC3 were two of my favorite games on PS3. I didn't really get into FC4 - it just seemed like a more annoying FC3 with too many animals. Primal's setting didn't speak to me, and I also never played FC5.

This looks like an interesting, more "traditional" setting, so I'll keep an eye on it!

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
Once I beat 3, Blood Dragon, 4, Primal, 5 and New Dawn I'll buy this too. Love the series. I got my brother into them too.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlankStar

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
Haven’t bought a game in a while but after seeing the pics that were leaked it definitely catches me cause of where the game takes place

an island with lots of loaded Plotting sounds really interesting

Goes good with Halo infinite when new consoles come out

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
February 2021. That’s usually the time they launch Far Cry traditionally in the past. However, given the amount of developer delays with the specific titles now (I.e-Need more ‘tweaking’), I wouldn’t be surprised If fC6 is also delayed late second quarter, third quarter 2021.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
I really didn’t enjoy New Dawn with the constant resource harvesting required. Felt like I was constantly driving around trying to hijack trucks. I think they tried to make it more RPG-like. Will FC 6 be more like the previous games (loot and shoot) instead?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I really didn’t enjoy New Dawn with the constant resource harvesting required. Felt like I was constantly driving around trying to hijack trucks. I think they tried to make it more RPG-like. Will FC 6 be more like the previous games (loot and shoot) instead?

We don’t know yet, there’s almost no info on gameplay currently. Hope we get more info next Ubisoft showcase.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yeah buddy.....

Not official, but the release date did unofficially release on Microsofts web store for May 25 [Currently has been taken down for obvious reasons] which would be just over two weeks later prior to the release of RE: The Village on May 7.

If accurate, May is turning out to be one of the strongest months for 2021 for two —major— titles.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’m really hoping for a May release. Keep in mind, it’s sorta-kinda taboo for most developers to release between June and August, being that’s the slowest months for gaming sales of the year with summer (Obviously some exceptions applied with the pandemic/leaks with LOUS2/GOT), and I wonder if Ubisoft might just wait until like mid September for a release, and showcase more of FC6 during the digital E3 2021 conference this year. If I had to guess, if we don’t see a May release, then I suspect right before Labor Day is when they will launch it. From my understanding, the game is complete, they’re basically working on global release terms/language cross over coding.

Edit:

Link added-

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So, Ubisoft is now hinting a release date is imminent on the website preorder page, so I’m hoping we hear something by the end of the month, and buy a very slight degree, we might see it by May before E3, otherwise it won’t happen until September.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I canceled my pre-order when they pushed the date and won't pre-order again. Ubisoft games go on sale rather fast so I'll pick it up later. Looking forward to the game, but my backlog is too big anyway...

Reactions: madeirabhoy

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So, Ubisoft is now hinting a release date is imminent on the website preorder page, so I’m hoping we hear something by the end of the month, and buy a very slight degree, we might see it by May before E3, otherwise it won’t happen until September.
Whelp, according to the latest source that I was listening to a podcast yesterday morning, an insider from Ubisoft is now claiming that FC6 will not be available until September 2021 at the very earliest, even possibly later into 2021 due to the pandemic.

It’s not that it’s upsetting, because I understand delays are the new ‘norm’ now in the gaming industry, but I wish that these developers would stop making prediction dates, when they themselves fully understand that they normally don’t even meet the deadline anymore and they should make announcements when they actually have a confirmed phase 3 hardcopy ready to boot for production. I’m not blaming Ubisoft, because every developer seems to cross this hurdle, but I feel that they can be largely avoided when they actually are confident that their phase 3 version is ready to be copied and distributed.

Ok——End Rant.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I get your rant and feel you. It's becoming ridiculous. Just **** until the game is near complete instead of throwing teaser trailers and pre-orders online when pre-alpha. It blew up in CDPR's face with CP2077 so I sure hope the industry is learning on their behalf...

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
I canceled my pre-order when they pushed the date and won't pre-order again. Ubisoft games go on sale rather fast so I'll pick it up later. Looking forward to the game, but my backlog is too big anyway...
Don't pre order. Play you backlog and wait 48-72h for other gamers to complete the game and give you honest opinions on all aspects of the game.

Even if bugs are low, there can be curve balls such as a very short campaign or annoying micro transactions.

AlexNillson89

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2021
USA, Texas
Far Cry 4: The villain is a dictator
Far Cry 5: The villain is a Cult leader
Far Cry 6: The villain is a former dentist that is now a south American dictator and makes good chicken?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Ted Timmons [Senior Director for Ubisoft] commented that FC6 has some content coming, but no release date. Which means at this junction, we’re looking at a fall release with zero marketing other than a promo trailer. Also, I wasn’t aware that one of the lead developers [Marc Mcginley] for Ubisoft Montreal departed a while back in March, for undisclosed reasons, which also was rumored to be a setback.

Whelp, 2021 is slated to be one of the worst years for video game releases due to the pandemic, at least we’re under just a month away for Resident Evil: The Village.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
My backlog is huge, so I don't mind a calm year. :) I'd rather have them take their time, than see a CP2077-scenario.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
I can’t even keep up with the PS Plus games I get every month (really want to play Days Gone). I can wait till 2024 when far cry 6 is on bargain heap for $9.99

• Haha
Reactions: BlankStar

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London
Ted Timmons [Senior Director for Ubisoft] commented that FC6 has some content coming, but no release date. Which means at this junction, we’re looking at a fall release with zero marketing other than a promo trailer. Also, I wasn’t aware that one of the lead developers [Marc Mcginley] for Ubisoft Montreal departed a while back in March, for undisclosed reasons, which also was rumored to be a setback.

Whelp, 2021 is slated to be one of the worst years for video game releases due to the pandemic, at least we’re under just a month away for Resident Evil: The Village.
As I mentioned in another thread, it appears that few few or hardly any proper next gen games will launch in H1 2021. Almost all the flagship titles are scheduled for H2 2021.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
Why did the graphics look so blurry in the gameplay reveal? It sorta reminded me of FC4

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
The graphics really look crappy most of the time... But I must say I really love the setting. I'm not going to pre-order as Ubisoft is always fast with discounts, but will play this game, without a doubt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.