Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
Do they have any online multiplayer for the new game? FC3 still remains the high water mark for online deathmatch for me - nice big environments, and players who actually stand out from the background.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
ive nearly finished it and enjoyed it....but big pluses and minuses...

pluses. its far cry. i love far cry. who doesnt want more far cry.
graphics are very good.
love the fake cuba setting.
a lot to do and a lot of variety even if its just flying around picking up crates.
a lot of the missions are interesting and good stories
a lot of puzzles, especially the treasure hunts

minuses
the grinding seems badly thought out. almost every place you go to has plastic, metal, gasoline, medicine. soon you have an inordinate amount of them. all you can do is sell them off for money, but you have an inordinate amount of money....

you catch animals without trying...all you can do is trade them in for generally durable seals and a few other things, that you have inordinate amounts of. there's never a moment where you think oh i need to go and hunt 2 jaguars and one croc to get the material for....

on the other hand...gunpowder... rare as hens teeth...

weapons, so many different but by the time you pick up more than a couple, you already have as good as you can gt, especially if you start to upgrade them. So out of the dozens of weapons i doubt ive used more than...

white lotus sniper rifle. think i bought it with free points from the store. better than any other by a mile.
sks rifle

and you need a rocket launcher and the flame thrower.

the rest are a waste of design and implementation. does anyone even use any of the machine guns or shot guns?
supremo wise, the first one with the rockets is the only one worth using.

vehicles, the same. i use two different helicopters. mainly the wee junk one thats also a boat. its the only one you need but i sometimes use a helicopter with a machine gun and rockets. why would anyone use any of the cars or other land vehicles???

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
finished the game, bought the season pass on a whim, even though the reviews are meh.

and its weird, the dlc should be meh logically, its pretty simplistic and involves an awful lot of grinding and repeating. and yet im addicted. played the Vaas one, finished it, started the Pagan one, thought god its just exactly the same on a different map, i wont bother. later that evening gave it another shot and im addicted to that.

SamC741

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2022
I'm big fan of Far cry Series but just one little concern that, they should provide option of third person for better experience of PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.