Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
In my defense, it’s never “full”. I usually take at least one sip before I pass out. Haha. And unlike Z, unless it’s neat, I cannot consume a premixed drink the next day.

But, my question remains unanswered.

What goes rise to spousal irritation?

While abroad, working in my most recent position, I feel asleep a few times leaving behind an unfinished glass (or half glass) of very good beer, or first rate wine. Sigh. But nobody remonstrated with me (except myself, upon awakening the following morning).

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
But, my question remains unanswered.

What goes rise to spousal irritation?

While abroad, working in my most recent position, I feel asleep a few times leaving behind an unfinished glass (or half glass) of very good beer, or first rate wine. Sigh. But nobody remonstrated with me (except myself, upon awakening the following morning).

Wife gets mad because, at times, it is a good (expensive) whiskey. And also, because she is the one that usually makes the final glass against her best judgement. LOL

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I was curious, and I see that Booker's 25th Anniversary a very limited edition product from 2014 that's incredibly hard to track down, few remaining bottles, but there's a few sources, see link, average price is $980 :)

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/...el+small+straight+bourbon+whisky+kentucky+usa
There's a few places here that get a select shipment from time to time. Clearly I'm not a big enough customer to get whispered to about them in advance.
[doublepost=1541628622][/doublepost]
cypress craft beer and liquor a shot.

Been there! I'll have to give it a shot. Pretty sure I've bought some Japanese whiskies from them.

In my defense, it’s never “full”. I usually take at least one sip before I pass out. Haha. And unlike Z, unless it’s neat, I cannot consume a premixed drink the next day.

Hmm? I don't do mixed drinks. I'll sometimes make an old-fashioned, but I've probably done that less than eight times in the last five years. I think you're confusing my ability to mix alcohols and not suffer from it like so many people do.

As for the leaving a drink. If I'm having one late and I feel sleepy, what I'll do is place a saucer atop the glass and put it somewhere cool for later. Though usually I avoid drinking anything just prior to bed.

I usually go for neat or a single ice cube if I want to spice things up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gutwrench

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
There's a few places here that get a select shipment from time to time. Clearly I'm not a big enough customer to get whispered to about them in advance.
[doublepost=1541628622][/doublepost]

Been there! I'll have to give it a shot. Pretty sure I've bought some Japanese whiskies from them.

Hmm? I don't do mixed drinks. I'll sometimes make an old-fashioned, but I've probably done that less than eight times in the last five years. I think you're confusing my ability to mix alcohols and not suffer from it like so many people do.

As for the leaving a drink. If I'm having one late and I feel sleepy, what I'll do is place a saucer atop the glass and put it somewhere cool for later. Though usually I avoid drinking anything just prior to bed.

I usually go for neat or a single ice cube if I want to spice things up.

Old fashioned is considered a mix drink. And I do drink those. Definitely not having one the next day. Even a drink with a single ice cube is tough for me after the fact.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Old fashioned is considered a mix drink. And I do drink those. Definitely not having one the next day. Even a drink with a single ice cube is tough for me after the fact.

Hahaha, yeah, it was a bit diluted, actually good for a midday "sharpener" :D
[doublepost=1541630344][/doublepost]
Sensitive to alcohol?

I think he just means it's blown out, diluted, etc.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I suppose if you nurse the drink. Whatever floats your boat.

I think you missed the _entire_ conversion :D We were laughing at [occasionally] making a drink, then not consuming it before falling asleep, especially at the end of the night after several. Like we chill down in the main TV room, have a few, get tired, make an unnecessary nightcap, go upstairs, toss something on the TV - boom - fall asleep, drink just sits there all night ...

.. then the discussion moved to leftover drink recovery :D

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I blame the scotch I was having and then magically repoured itself. Weather is surprisingly mild today. Makes for a nice drink sitting outside. That said, it looks like we're going to experience a warmer than usual holiday season.

I'm somewhat disappointed because the holidays don't feel like the holidays without some chilly air. On the other hand, less sniveling people!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
This discussion reminds me of one I had a few years ago with a friend - a guy (dude) I had known since he was four, he was a good friend of my brother's - and his dad had been a colonel who was commissioned sometime during - or close to the end of - WW2.

We were discussing those British TV dramas of the 60s and early 70s, the (middle class) ones where - as he remarked - everyone pours themselves a drink from the drinks trolley at the start of a scene, completely drain it - casually - and then proceed to pour themselves another, sort of nonchalantly - and my friend remarked, you know, they all lived through the war (WW2), they all probably have some form of PTSD, and this - extraordinary consumption of alcohol - was quite possibly their way of self-medication.
[doublepost=1541635038][/doublepost]
Confused the discussion with DT for Z. LOL. Need a drink I guess.

Touché.

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Speaking of an Old Fashioned.

5CC472E5-3C23-4DC4-B066-9B583AB4ADB3.jpeg

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
Bought this last night - Bob Dylan’s whiskey company, first ever release of a 10 year old age statement from them. Unfortunately, I didn’t care for it much. Young wood, almost piney tasting instead of oak and definitely not worth the price.

158e88b46b27f3abd32685d867bbd8e2.jpg

Reactions: Gutwrench

BenAigen

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2014
Up a hill
Bought this last night - Bob Dylan’s whiskey company, first ever release of a 10 year old age statement from them. Unfortunately, I didn’t care for it much. Young wood, almost piney tasting instead of oak and definitely not worth the price.

158e88b46b27f3abd32685d867bbd8e2.jpg

Dear @Mr Kram

Let me try and cheer you up. I think I have already passed through Heaven's Door:)

I live here
43951882_10155649184007601_2197094484523614208_n 2 2.jpg

IMG_4775.jpg

In the middle of this:)
Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 14.04.57.png

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.