Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
After 127 hours, I’m almost done, just missing one manuscript.

FF3495E5-3A49-49D0-AFDF-CFBE53EE3465.jpeg

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Nice!! Those are some nice statistics! :) I didn't bother with the enemy assessments, but did get the platinum trophy.

If you want a tip on your next game, come join us in the GoT topic.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I bought it for $20 at Target last week. The game play is really fun while fighting but at the same time I Prefered FFx-2 fighting.

must say the story is god awful. I remember it being bad when I was little but this is tough. The new characters are annoying. The dude in the motorcycle is awful. Also Square soft.... can you get a less racist Black voice actor. Same with FF13. It’s like they were ok bro be blacker please

I don’t get the love for ff7. 6,8,10(tidus was annoying) and 12 are all much better games. FF7 is probably just the first people played.

squall is almost exactly the same as Cloud but everyone hates him. His story is much better than this mess.

10 hours in and just met Aerith.

I mean Japanese RPGs are suppose to be good stories and ok gameplay. This is ok gameplay and a awful story made much worse by adding filler junk so they can charge us 3 games because people are nostalgic.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
I will not be buying into the 3 games, played the first that was enough for me.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
You have to pay for the Yuffie DLC. It's a $70 game If you don't.

also will be free if you have ps5 but only if you paid for the game. The ps plus version in March that is free will not be eligible for the ps5 upgrade. Not if if they won’t let you buy the yuffie DLC.

honestly this game looked magical on my ps4 pro. The ps5 upgrade stuff just looked like my ps4 pro. Which is the same as all the “ps4 upgrade to ps5 games”. Looks exactly the same to me coming from having a pro. I think frame rate is the only thing that has gotten better but I honestly never noticed frame rate drops on anything other than Star Wars fallen Jedi

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
You have to pay for the Yuffie DLC. It's a $70 game If you don't.

also will be free if you have ps5 but only if you paid for the game. The ps plus version in March that is free will not be eligible for the ps5 upgrade. Not if if they won’t let you buy the yuffie DLC.

honestly this game looked magical on my ps4 pro. The ps5 upgrade stuff just looked like my ps4 pro. Which is the same as all the “ps4 upgrade to ps5 games”. Looks exactly the same to me coming from having a pro. I think frame rate is the only thing that has gotten better but I honestly never noticed frame rate drops on anything other than Star Wars fallen Jedi

They've released some screenshots of the PS5-version, and it's a nicer than the PS4 Pro version for sure. It's a nice game for PS+ members who don't have it, but it's weird you then don't get the free PS5 update and so you can't buy the DLC. Guess Square Enix didn't want to give away the PS5-version to non-paying customers.
I pre-ordered the game (First Class Edition aka Collector's Edition) so I'm happy I'm getting the upgrade but a bit bumped I'll have to pay for the DLC after getting the most expensive version there is of the main game. They weren't talking about DLC's back then so it doesn't have a "season pass", but would be nice that people who own the Deluxe Edition or higher get the DLC for free nevertheless.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
The you can’t upgrade or pay for the yuffie pack is crazy. Who going today $30-60 when it’s free now. To get a slightly nicer looking game

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Just sharing that free shipping with Square Enix sucks. I pre-ordered FF7R Intergrade for the PS5 with free shipping. It's been more than a month and I haven't received anything yet, so yesterday I contacted them to report this and got a response that it's still within the normal timing for free shipping and should wait at least another week. You're eligible to open a support ticket for this after 5 weeks.
That is worse support than for example, cheap Apple Watch bands from Ali Express.

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
With that news, I started replaying the game a week or two ago. The load times on PS5 are... well... there aren't any. It's great to finally see a game taking advantage of the SSD!
Isn't it crazy? Was so nice seeing that.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
I have never fully understood this remake Because I see there are two FFVII for sale.

1) Is this remake broken up into different pieces?
2) What part of the original game is the remake in?
3) Will there ever be a ”Complete Edition”.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I have never fully understood this remake Because I see there are two FFVII for sale.

1) Is this remake broken up into different pieces?
2) What part of the original game is the remake in?
3) Will there ever be a ”Complete Edition”.
They took what was a small part of the story of the original game and made a full game out of it. Excluding the DLC mini-story that was released only part one has been for sale.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
My oldest talked me into buying the game since he only has the PS4. He said that it's sale on steam, and it comes with Intergrade, which he can't play on his PS4. I bought it so he can play it. Maybe I'll play the full game in the future... from what I saw while he was playing, the graphics looked great. However, the game didn't really grab my attention... probably because I wasn't playing it. I did enjoy the graphics while he was playing the Yuffie DLC, but I couldn't grasp what he was doing with all the option screens during a fight. I'm just happy he was having fun playing it... since he's still waiting to get his hands on a PS5.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
They took what was a small part of the story of the original game and made a full game out of it. Excluding the DLC mini-story that was released only part one has been for sale.
I haven't played the original in ages, but isn't FF7:Remake basically the first disc?

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I haven't played the original in ages, but isn't FF7:Remake basically the first disc?

I don't remember where the first disc ended, but that's generally true. They took what was a small portion of the story in the original and expanded it into a full game. Almost all of the new game takes place around Midgar if I remember correctly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.