Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
Thanks; was a much hotter summer with my 780/660Ti this year. Looking forward to upcoming winter when I can more enjoy the produced heat. :rolleyes:

But also thanks to all you in #3446: it much more fun to fold in a team with lots interaction and supporting/cheering each other :) :)

Now I need to rebuild my Linux box. Plan to change filesystem to ext3 and maybe use Ramdisk as working folder. Squeeze more PPD; if I'm brave I install the new NV driver hoping the 36hr bug is really gone. Low PPD this weekend. :eek:

Short term pain for long term gain! Hope your Linux box goes back together smoothly...

and I'll add my congratulations for your 20 Million point achievement! Major! It took me way, way longer to get to your level!

Louis

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i had to take a screenshot! over 1 million in last 24 hours! :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 12.40.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 12.40.10 AM.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 121

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
i had to take a screenshot! over 1 million in last 24 hours! :D

you'll be glad you did! but then again, maybe you'll be getting a lot more of them?

congrats on the day!

(what was that huge bigadv WU? I've never seen you pull down something that large!)

and I think Christian is right -- you're the first here at #3446 to do 7 digits in a day :)

Louis

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
7 digit a day, that certainly qualify for a posting This thread :D

Congrats :)

Did we ever had that in our team ? You are the first one ? I remember some near miss though.

:)

you'll be glad you did! but then again, maybe you'll be getting a lot more of them?

congrats on the day!

(what was that huge bigadv WU? I've never seen you pull down something that large!)

and I think Christian is right -- you're the first here at #3446 to do 7 digits in a day :)

Louis

thanks guys! i'm not sure if whiterabbit ever did it or not. i know he was very close at least.

i actually had 1,037,606 yesterday. i had more in a 24 hour period, but still over 1 mil in a single day also.

you never know if it'll happen again, the way things crash all the time. my big rig has been crashing a lot lately. i'll just go down stairs and it will be off. and my rig with the 780 and 760 will crash also.

i'm not sure what gave me those points. i think it was an 8105, but i'm not sure.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Very nice, next one are the guys from Ubuntu. Oh wait, now I have a conflict of interest: my main rig runs Ubuntu. Ah, don't matter: monitored by Apple. Beat them up.

#55 in two weeks ... Same time we hit 1bn !!

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
Very nice, next one are the guys from Ubuntu. Oh wait, now I have a conflict of interest: my main rig runs Ubuntu. Ah, don't matter: monitored by Apple. Beat them up.

Friendly competition. Team Ubuntu is encouraged to step it up :D

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest

So are we gonna hit 1BN before the Ubuntu team? Will we overtake them before or after 1BN? I'm scared. Hold me. :D

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
congrats to Louis Wu on 70 million points!

Just 19 days since the last milestone !! Wow.

Thank you!

You know, I was so busy there I didn't even notice!

----------

yes, congrats Louis!

Thanks twoodcc!!

You're partly responsible, you know that right? :)

----------

So are we gonna hit 1BN before the Ubuntu team? Will we overtake them before or after 1BN? I'm scared. Hold me. :D

yeah, the counter might reset when we hit 1 bn...

jeuxdemoto12

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2013
when it gets colder here, i'll start doing the bigadv units again. then the points should really add up. if they keep the units going.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.