Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
Congratulations to christian

forgive the shouting, but that's a great achievement!

way to go Christian!

now for the next 100 million!!

:)

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
congrats to rwh202 on 300 million points!

congrats to Louis_Wu on 200 million points!

congrats to ChristianFAH on 100 million points!

sorry i'm late!

rwh202

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2010
UK
congrats to rwh202 on 400 million points!
You are on the best way to become our first billionaire :D

Thanks. Maybe a billion next year!

I ought be able to start ramping back up soon - vacations, summer and renovations have meant that I have a stack of mothballed computers at the moment.

However, my 'server room' / 'secret lair' / 'spare bedroom' should be commissioned soon!

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Thanks. Maybe a billion next year!

I ought be able to start ramping back up soon - vacations, summer and renovations have meant that I have a stack of mothballed computers at the moment.

However, my 'server room' / 'secret lair' / 'spare bedroom' should be commissioned soon!

yes, congrats to you on 400 million! hitting 1 billion next year would be amazing! do it!

Now... to remember my login :|

i know you can do it!

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I just picked up a GTX 970. I'm getting a whopping 53K points/day right now. I thought 13K on my GTX 460 was crazy.

Congrats ! Yeah, those Maxwells seems amazing in PPD/watt ratio (but also for PPD alone). You might need a second one to keep you room warm over the coming winter :)

Must ... Resists ... No ... Get ... 980 ... :rolleyes:

rwh202

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2010
UK
I just picked up a GTX 970. I'm getting a whopping 53K points/day right now. I thought 13K on my GTX 460 was crazy.

Is that on core_15 or 17?

Now that the assignment problems seem to have been resolved you should be seeing nearer 200k ppd on core_17 if you're running 24/7 with a pass key.

I have a 980 that is 330k ppd - not bad for 175W!

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
Is that on core_15 or 17?

Now that the assignment problems seem to have been resolved you should be seeing nearer 200k ppd on core_17 if you're running 24/7 with a pass key.

I have a 980 that is 330k ppd - not bad for 175W!

That's crazy!

have to see what to do after the bigadv program ends early next year... might have to get a replacement for the 4P :(

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I stopped because the electricity bill was about quadrupling while I was running Einstein @ Home... I did make it over 2 million units, maybe 3 million... don't remember.

rwh202

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2010
UK
so that's your latest secret weapon! :)

It's helping, but right now only at 75k ppd thanks to core_15... It might be time to retry linux - only core_17/18 over there!

The main improvement will come from cooler weather - I'm still hoping for a big push in november / december to reach 500mil.

have to see what to do after the bigadv program ends early next year... might have to get a replacement for the 4P :(

I suspect there'll be a lot of 4p systems looking for something to do in the new year. Hopefully the standard SMP points can be adjusted to give some incentive to keep folding because right now SMP folding hardly seems worth it. Even the NaCL app gives more points.

Louis Wu

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
Toronto
It's helping, but right now only at 75k ppd thanks to core_15... It might be time to retry linux - only core_17/18 over there!

The main improvement will come from cooler weather - I'm still hoping for a big push in november / december to reach 500mil.

I suspect there'll be a lot of 4p systems looking for something to do in the new year. Hopefully the standard SMP points can be adjusted to give some incentive to keep folding because right now SMP folding hardly seems worth it. Even the NaCL app gives more points.

yeah really -- Core15 lowers me to 2K PPD!

weather starting to get cool here too but I've got most things cranking already...

certainly true. I've got CPUs that aren't worth anything on SMP crunching WCG but I'll be interested to see what the figures are like on a 4P doing WCG...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.