Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
A few AK-47s that Somalia gunmen did not need anymore.

SomaliaGunJustification_zps34a121d5.jpg

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

ocabj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
I'm so jealous. Couldn't buy a Gen4 at my local gun shop/range. So I picked up a Gen3 G17. Currently in the waiting period. Since you live in Cali too, do you mind telling me how you were able to purchase a Gen4?

Single Shot Exemption. Basically you can get a Gen4 from a 07FFL who will make it a single shot pistol. Then after DROS pickup, you remove the Single Shot kit to convert back to semi-auto. It is legal with respect to the letter of the law, but then CA passed a bill specifically to prevent this type of SSE conversion. That's why there's been a made rush on non-roster pistols since June. You will pay a slight upcharge at some places for a non-roster pistol, since it is a 'gunsmithing' type service (plus they dealer needs to make the money back from the kits).

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
I'm in CA too, but have a bunch of non-roster Glocks.

io3czd.jpg

SSE is the way to go as mentioned, but you only have till the end of this year to do it!

ocabj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009

The following appears in the above photo:

• Glock 19 Full FDE Gen 4 with Wilson Combat Vickers Elite Battle Sight and tan Surefire X300 Ultra. Barrel Titanium Nitride coated by Titanium Gun of Coating Services Group.
  • Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-3
  • Maxpedition Lunada Gearslinger Backpack
  • ITS Tactical Tallboy Trauma Pouch
  • Combat Application Tourniquet in Eleven 10 Rigid C-A-T Holster
  • Mojo Medical Shears
  • Haley Strategic Partners D3 Chest Rig (D3CR)
  • Glock 19 OEM Magazines with OEM Extended Baseplates
  • Hornady Critical Duty 9mm +P 135gr FlexLock

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Firearm Collection Pictures!

I know jack diddly about guns really. I do like to get him custom grips however.

If my fiancee says a type, I'll save up and buy it for him though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422233899.458932.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422233908.348312.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422233917.252368.jpg

gundamzero

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2015
The Great North Canada
This is my collection so far, still on a broke college kid budget, but I think I have my bases covered.

Don't mind the ugly lonewolf extended barrels on my Glock 19's. In Canada we cannot have pistols with barrels under 4.2 inches, but on the other hand we can have AR's with any barrel length.

As I undestand in the U.S, you guys cannot have AR's under 16inches without a goverment tax stamp?

Whats in the Pic:

Mossberg 590A1 14inch w/ Surefire Forend
Colt AR15A4 w/ KAC RAS M5
Sig M400 with Trijicon TA11 Acog, Surefire Scout and KAC RAS M4
2 Glock 19 Gen 4 in Black and FDE / Black with Trijicon HD in Orange
Beretta 92A1

Last edited:

wct097

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2010
My three latest builds, top one still in progress. Top to bottom; 9mm, 5.56/.223, 300 AAC Blackout

3_sbrs.jpg

The latest one a little further along.
rail3.jpg

----------

As I undestand in the U.S, you guys cannot have AR's under 16inches without a goverment tax stamp?

Correct, unless its configured as a pistol, without a stock. The ones pictured are 7.5", 12.5", and 8.2". Have two others in .22LR and 5.56 that are 16".

Last edited:

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
No pictures yet, but I put a new-in-box, unfired outside the factory S&W Model 52-2 on lay-a-way today. It's complete with the(matching SN) box, unopened cleaning kit/SAT, all the paper work, two magazines, and the model 52-specific takedown wrench.

This is a 38 special semi-auto pistol. It can only shoot flush-seated wadcutters, but was factory tested to shoot a 2" group at 50 years off a rest(guns that didn't do that were returned for reworking until they could). They were hot in the Bullseye circuit in the 1970s and 80s. From the box, I'm guessing mine to be late '70s to early '80s.

These were last made in 1993, when the machinery broke down and S&W decided that it would cost too much to repair for what was a relatively low volume gun.

I've been looking for one of these guns for several years. This was actually the first that I'd seen for sale. The price for one in this condition isn't much higher than what a well-shot one sells for-most of the ones that were used in Bullseye have probably had 60,000+ rounds through them.

Even though I don't have it yet, I'm ecstatic about it!

ISFPOWER

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2014
bought two new brand new guns couple of weeks ago. HK vp9 (my fave new 9mm carry) , Sig Sauer p250 .40 cal.

29f5zev.jpg

wct097

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2010
I bought this guy last week. I get a lot of flack for having a single stack 9mm, but I really something smaller cause I have short fingers.

P239? I have one as well. Great shooting gun. Don't carry it much anymore now that I have a P938. Probably have 3-4k rounds through mine. Not sure how many it had when I purchased it.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Here's the Model 52-2 I mentioned above. The trigger on it is amazing-about a pound and a half with probably 1/4" of travel.

Back when Bullseye was big, this was the standard against which other guns were judged.

This one is c. 1978. These were produced until 1993, when the machinery broke and S&W elected not to repair it.

IMG_4525.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

bthrel

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2011
Beautiful model 52 man … WOW … Big smith collector myself but mostly wheel guns… the 52 does have a look and feel of a browning hi-power docent it? But its in a class way above the browning… Nice find .. enjoy.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Beautiful model 52 man … WOW … Big smith collector myself but mostly wheel guns… the 52 does have a look and feel of a browning hi-power docent it? But its in a class way above the browning… Nice find .. enjoy.

Thanks for the compliments. I saw this gun in the case at Cabelas and had to have it. The guys there(who I know fairly well) told me it had been out less than 24 hours.

I'm a big S&W guy also, but this is the only semi-auto I own(one of two total-my other is a 1911 in 38 Super). I'm working on filling out my K Frame collection now-particular the prewar 38 Special M&Ps. They're not exactly glamorous, but are cheap, easy to find, and generally shoot great. I also have a Triple Lock and a 38-44(either a Heavy Duty or Outdoorsman) at the top of my list.

I've only run one magazine through a friend's Hi-Power, and that's my only real experience with them. It does have some similarities, although the grip shape on the m52 is a lot different(and more to my taste) than on a BHP.

The 52 is an absolute joy to shoot. I've taken it to the range once, and ran 100 handloaded wadcutters through it(Hornady 148gr HBWCs over 2.8gr of Bullseye). It shot great with almost no recoil, although I unfortunately can't say the same of myself :rolleyes:

BoneDaddy

Suspended
Jan 8, 2015
Texas
Just acquired this, this week. New M9A1 was only 500. The Crimson Trace Laser grips were only 100 brand new. The surefire X300 was 100 new. And I have some other mods and a Safariland holster coming in. I saved about 500 bucks.

This was supposed to be an investment but I think I'm going to keep it and sell something else. I'll post more pics of it's family soon.

349cfth.jpg

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Sold my Glock 19. 10 years ago:(. Finally got a new pistol. Went planning on picking up a S&W M&P, but after handling a number of concealed carry size guns I just loved everything about the Walther CCP. Except the tear down, but that's not such a big deal.

I plan on getting a full size gun also. Was thinking a 1911, just because I've always liked the look of them. But I'm not really sure anymore after some research. Came here to look at what you guys have and maybe get some ideas. I like the Kimber 1911s but who knows what I might find that I like better.

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
Sold my Glock 19. 10 years ago:(. Finally got a new pistol. Went planning on picking up a S&W M&P, but after handling a number of concealed carry size guns I just loved everything about the Walther CCP. Except the tear down, but that's not such a big deal.

I plan on getting a full size gun also. Was thinking a 1911, just because I've always liked the look of them. But I'm not really sure anymore after some research. Came here to look at what you guys have and maybe get some ideas. I like the Kimber 1911s but who knows what I might find that I like better.

If you decided on an Army model 1911 45 cal., you might want consider tricking it out with Wilson and Rogers parts to fine tune it.

Reactions: jjk454ss

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
If you decided on an Army model 1911 45 cal., you might want consider tricking it out with Wilson and Rogers parts to fine tune it.

I'll have to look into Wilson and Rogers. I'm not sure, only because I hadn't considered really modding it. At least past maybe iridium sights or laser grips anyway. If I had to decide today, I really liked the Kimber Covert II. But I will be doing more research/looking around first.

Reactions: JamesMike
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.