Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
one apple retail store i called told me that they had them in stock, but that they had already sold out, and would be getting more this week.

miradu

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2003
Mine is stuck in Alaska custums right now. It is scheduled to arrive wednesday morning via FedEX.

DoubleA100

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2003
Santa Barbara, CA
12" powerbooks are for babies.

12 " powerbooks are for babies. You know what they say about the size of you powerbook...

Proud owner of a 17" massive, big boy powerbook!

dswoodley

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Originally posted by DoubleA100
12 " powerbooks are for babies. You know what they say about the size of you powerbook...

This has to be one of the most immature comments i've ever heard. Can we keep the discussion at the adult level? It's fine to support your preferred product, but there is no need for name calling.

etoiles

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2002
Where the air is crisp

...do you feel the need to compensate for anything ?
:p
(still waiting for my tiny 12"PB :D )

gunnmjk

macrumors member
May 25, 2003
Bay Area, CA
finally (almost)

my 15" pb has FINALLY reached it hear in Chico, CA, from Taipai. Damn it's been so long. Unfortunately, it's still in the shipping here at my school. Damnit, so I'll either have it here by 5PM today, or tomorrow. tHIS WAIT HAS BEEN SO LONG

chazmox

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2003
Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Originally posted by dswoodley
This has to be one of the most immature comments i've ever heard. Can we keep the discussion at the adult level? It's fine to support your preferred product, but there is no need for name calling.

Relax... I think he was joking...

dswoodley

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Re: Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Originally posted by chazmox
Relax... I think he was joking...

i think that's what the emoticons are for...you know, to denote a joke ;)

DoubleA100

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2003
Santa Barbara, CA
Re: Re: Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Emoticons are for babies and ladies...and for people who buy 12" powerbooks.

chazmox

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Yea, I know the convention is to use the emoticons to denote joking, but I don't always do it because I expect people to just get it... It kind of ruins any humor to have to tell people where the punch line is!

A friend of mine got a 12 inch PB delivered last Friday. She said that she ordered the newest model. I told her to check and make sure that they didn't send her an old one as it seemed a little early, but who knows, maybe she got one of the firsts!

dswoodley

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Originally posted by chazmox
Yea, I know the convention is to use the emoticons to denote joking, but I don't always do it because I expect people to just get it... It kind of ruins any humor to have to tell people where the punch line is!

A friend of mine got a 12 inch PB delivered last Friday. She said that she ordered the newest model. I told her to check and make sure that they didn't send her an old one as it seemed a little early, but who knows, maybe she got one of the firsts!

Not to be a downer, but obviously not everyone gets it when you don't use them!! :)

dswoodley

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Emoticons are for babies and ladies...and for people who buy 12" powerbooks.

don't forget about people who add depth to the gene pool...and like 12" powerbooks :eek:

tizza

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
I was going to get the 12" but ended up going for the 15" and it came two days later - I was amazed ... and this is down here in Oz!!

Still glad to hear the 12"s are out now too - I haven't regretted getting the new PB once - it's a truly sweet machine. :D

Lord Bodak

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2003
Chesapeake, VA USA
This is a sore subject for some of us; they have been shipping in a strange order. Many reports are coming from people who ordered theirs on 9/16 after the keynote who are receiving theirs, when many others (myself included) who ordered as early as the 4th (or the 10th in my case) are still waiting for shipment.

But from what I hear, the new 12" is great! Can't wait to get mine!

danielgrenell

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Bronx, NY
that's exciting, i have a 15 on the way, and i've seen pictures of people who've gotten those, so i'm happy! the apple site says it will ship out at the latest on the 30th, and i have 2 day shipping, so it'll be here on the 2nd, at the latest!

fratrow

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2003
This makes me (unhappy)...

I ordered mine within 30 minutes of the announcement, and my ship date has been upped to 10/3/03.

Arrrrgh!

miradu

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2003
I want to add that my Powerbook has made it out of custums, and has no been moved up to tommorow morning to receive. Too bad I don't get home until 7 pm tommorow! :(

I ordered mine the day after the announcement, but I'm an education user. That might of moved me up in priority.

dho

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003
California
gunnmjk:

considering the time it has taken to get the g5's shiped I wouldn't feel too impatient if I were you.

Because after-all 3 months shiptime is "normal":D

be sure to tell us about it when you get it

edit:

note to self...

read ALL posts before posting

jasylonian

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2003
sacramento
ugh

I ordered mine the morning after the announcement and I've been pushed back to the 3rd. I think it's because Apple hates me. I got a 10gig ipod a couple days ago and I'm just playing solitaire until my pb comes to give it some meaning. I was also wondering how all you people know that your shipping options have changed?

Raz

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2003
Me too :(

Yea, I got my 10gig iPod a few days ago, and apple also postponed my PB12 to the 3rd, and im in canada so their overnight shipping is 3-6 days :-/ Either way, I did call and bitch and atleast Im getting my overnight shipping money back (22 dollars) but I have a secret plan to call and whine once Panther is out - I want it for free for having to wait :( I ordered... a LONG time ago ... I think atleast three weeks ish if not longer.

- Rasmus

Phil Of Mac

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2002
Washington State University

At Macworld Expo, an adventurous Mac User tries a new pick-up line:

"They say that guys who buy big PowerBooks are trying to compensate for something. Baby, I don't even HAVE a PowerBook!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.