Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasylonian

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2003
sacramento
a theory

my 12" battery order just got delayed as well... does this mean that apple doesn't have enough 12" batteries, or are they just going to send it with the pb (if and) when it ships?

Peej

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2003
LA, CA
Got it!!

I ordered it on the 17th through Ed Store and got it yesterday. It's so sweet! They had changed my shipping date from 9.25 to 10.3 but when I called them they said that Apple would probably send it sooner, and it went out on the 26th. I went with the 12" combo drive stock, b/c I figured that any customizations would kill my ship time. I'll pick up an AE card and RAM from mac-warehouse, and an extra battery if needs dictate. I also went with the 2-day shipping, and it shipped fedex. Also, I called about the Apple Education Bundle offer and they told me that as long as it was purchased by the 27th, I would have 30 days from the ship date to complete the rebate. So, my printer shipped UPS right away from Cali, the iPod shipped Airborne the next day from Asia, and the 12" shipped like I said, and they only charged me $22. All in all it's been a pleasant experience, and I'm really looking forward to loading Protools, and the Adobe Creative Suite and seeing how well this little baby runs! By the way, My Dell 5100 laptop that my lab owns and I use looks like a Univac in comparison. Viva les Macs!!:D

Submerged

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2003
ONtario
Been waiting since september 9th

It seems as though all people from Canada are not getting their orders shipped with priority over all others. I am very upset that my order has been idling in an open staus for nearly a month now. It was nice of them to upgrade me, but come on!

T.Rex

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Toronto, ON
Re: Been waiting since september 9th

Originally posted by Submerged
It seems as though all people from Canada are not getting their orders shipped with priority over all others. I am very upset that my order has been idling in an open staus for nearly a month now. It was nice of them to upgrade me, but come on!

Well, I type this to you now the proud owner of a new 12" from lovely downtown Toronto, so they are obviously shipping some orders here. However, I'm a student and ordered through the UofT campus computer store, so that may have given me priority.

Some things to note on this new baby, it's running 10.2.7 which if I recall was at first thought only to be for the new G5's? Though I may be wrong. Also, I'm not sure if previous PB's had this, but on the F7 key there is a graphic of two offset rectangles - am I wrong in thinking this may have something to do with Panther's Expose feature? Or I could be totally wrong on both counts...

trox355

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2003
Re: Re: Been waiting since september 9th

Originally posted by T.Rex
on the F7 key there is a graphic of two offset rectangles - am I wrong in thinking this may have something to do with Panther's Expose feature?

At our campus' Mac Users Group, a rep from Apple came to demo both a new G5 and a prerelease version of Panther. The F7 key does control a function of expose to answer your question. I must say, after a preview of it, it is SWEEEEET! Hopefully the rumors are true and we will get panther sometime next month.

BrandonRP0123

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2003
San Francisco, CA
The thought of those people whom buy expensive cars to compensate for things come to mind...

Seriously - the correlation between manhood size and (the fact) that one could think another is inferior by the size of their computer (!) is amazing to me.

Then again, it's human material nature. Sure, you are such a man with your 17" powerbook. You can go ahead and think that. Works for me. I own a 12" powerbook, however, and it works perfectly for my business and pleasurable computing needs.

NicoMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
Re: Re: Re: video card

Originally posted by Ja Di ksw
Fair enough, but I still wasn't sure which model to get, and was leaning towards the 12" :(
I'd say no you can't change the graphics card. BTW even though the FX5200Go is no Radeon Mobility 9600, it should be much better than anything previously available in PowerBooks. The 32MB shouldn't be a problem, because the resolution on the 12" is only 1024*768.
Let us know how it goes and if UT2003 runs well on it.

Peej

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2003
LA, CA
Re: Been waiting since september 9th

Steve Jobs is such a hoser, eh?:)

frank stallone

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2003
i ordered a pb 12" yesterday, i couldnt wait any longer for panther rumors to pan out :)
does anyone know from experience though, if panther is announced before my pb gets shipped will they upgrade it or at least throw in a coupon for a free upgrade? i called apple and they "know nothing", but i thought maybe some of you might know....

Submerged

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2003
ONtario
Still waiting

Firstly, I didn't come here to be mocked; but rather to see if anyone was in the same boat as me. I hope your comments towards Canada are all in good fun, afterall, do I have a choice where I was born?

peterL

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2003
Ohio
Can you get the educational discount at an apple store, or only online? Also, at the store, can you get any options, like a bigger hard drive, or do they only do the stock configs?

T.Rex

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Toronto, ON
Re: Still waiting

I hope your comments towards Canada are all in good fun, afterall, do I have a choice where I was born?

Nope. It just so happens you are one of the lucky .3% of the global population to be born in the best place to live in the world! :D

Also, I'm pretty sure those yanks were just, uh, yanking your chain. :)

Phil Of Mac

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2002
Washington State University

Firstly, I didn't come here to be mocked; but rather to see if anyone was in the same boat as me. I hope your comments towards Canada are all in good fun, afterall, do I have a choice where I was born?

We make fun of you Canadians just because we love you :)

Besides, you guys won the War of 1812, we have to get along with you! :D

ExoticFish

macrumors 6502a

hey hey hey now, canada rocks! i live just across lake erie over here in ohio and i have nothing but good things to say about canada, especially the dialect! :D

Peej

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2003
LA, CA

All in good fun, I hope. I love Canada. In fact, I stayed up until 1am to watch "Kids in the Hall" on Comedy Central. You've got Shadowy Men From a Shadowy Planet, and a bunch of other amazing bands. So, Canada's a great place to be. Besides, I'm from California. Fire away. I'm used to it.

:)

peej

VIREBEL661

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2003
Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Originally posted by DoubleA100
12 " powerbooks are for babies. You know what they say about the size of you powerbook...

Proud owner of a 17" massive, big boy powerbook!

Kind of like the truck analogy - the larger your truck, the smaller your... You get the picture... I LOVE the 12" PB... I wish I could buy one right now... I really like the whole power in a small package thing! Like a high tech little pocket rocket - ultraportables are awesome...

ophiuchus

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2003
London
I have now received two emails from Apple saying the delivery of the Powerbook 12" has been further delayed. Here we go again, Apple always being late in delivering their new equipment... I will stick with Apple but they could learn a lot about contacting their customers in a nicer way, not just 'it's delayed, best wishes blah blah blah'. No phone number, email address, zilch. grrrr
Additionally even though the iPod is ready they won't ship it to me because I paid with a credit card, which means that all has to be sent at the same time. GREAT!

[CoRdOvA]

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2003
aus
how long WILL i have to wait

I realise that this is a 12" topic, but the 1GB chips were mentioned...
i ordered my 15" on the 18th Sep... but i also included a 1GB chip... and i have a feeling that the '2-3 weeks' time delivery that i was told is not so reliable.... 2 weeks have gone already... if i am thinking i will be getting it some time next week, is this wishful thinking?? are these chips actually available at all?, or just in low supply...:confused: i am losing sleep waiting for this machine!!! :eek:
oh yeah, and im in australia too... often things are delayed here. :rolleyes:
any ideas or comments greatly appreciated!:)

martijnvandijk

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2003
Netherlands
mine is expected to ship late next week

my 15'' that I've also ordered on the 18th, with 1 Gig RAM and 5200 rpm HD is expected to ship late next week. So I guess that I can expect it to be here (netherlands) early somewhere in the week after that (14th/15th October?)

If I were you, I would count on something like the same planning

Oh well, i've already been waiting for 9 months or so to get this machine, so this extra week I'll manage to get through....

clr2lnd

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2003
Murfreesboro, TN.
i ordered the 12" 1ghz pb w/768mb on sept. 3. i checked my order tracking page at the apple web site and it said my order had shipped this morning:D :D :D :D :D they shipped it fedex and have a tracking # posted. talk about a long wait. they have not sent me an email conformation yet, however.

ophiuchus

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2003
London
Well after one hell of a tantrum down the phone to apple (and plenty of waiting to talk to somone for days...) i got my shipment a priority status. I know it's left Taipei today. There is still hope that I will see it next week!!!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.