Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grokgod

macrumors 6502a
Freaky!

Those guys over there are really weird.
Its like going to the alternate Star Trek universe!

There is an anti-Alpha-Tech and Anti ARN.

Their avatars are scarey and its all funny looking colors and stuff.

AND their board can do things we cant like not posting quotes and useing RE instead.... this bears investigation!

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
well i joined and my g4 has been running constantly for macrumors but my username doesn't appear on the user stats page when i search... i also doesn't appear under the team details page either...

how long do i have to wait for my "progress" to be shown?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by kishba
well i joined and my g4 has been running constantly for macrumors but my username doesn't appear on the user stats page when i search... i also doesn't appear under the team details page either...

how long do i have to wait for my "progress" to be shown?

Once you submit a complete WU you should show up...:)

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

Once you submit a complete WU you should show up...:)

argh... how long does that take? it's been running for nearly 12 hours now.... i suppose i'm just super impatient but come on... this is a g4? ain't it altivec enhanced?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by kishba
argh... how long does that take? it's been running for nearly 12 hours now.... i suppose i'm just super impatient but come on... this is a g4? ain't it altivec enhanced?

This version is not Altivec aware, but the next one should be.

Time per WU depends on what protein it gave you...some take more than a day.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan

This version is not Altivec aware, but the next one should be.

Time per WU depends on what protein it gave you...some take more than a day.

thanks... any clue on when the next version is due out? altivec enhancement would push us over the edge!

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
kishba that folding control app some others mentioned is very cool. it runs the terminal app, but doesnt require you to eneter code or have the terminal open. heres what it looks like (warning if you use it and quit your current terminal app, you will lose all your 12 hours of progress, since the folding control app will downlaod a new protein)

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 413

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
(warning if you use it and quit your current terminal app, you will lose all your 12 hours of progress, since the folding control app will downlaod a new protein)

eh oh well... i'll start over again... it will be worth having this control so my parents realize my computer is doing something and don't turn it off :)

thanks

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
thank j763 hes the one who told me about it (and notice it has support for dual processors if tahts your cup of tea... although if i had a dual system i think id run foling on one and seti on the other)

also for seti people out there one of the seti threads has info on a similiar app for the seti terminal app.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
well my thanks to j763... this app rocks

now i just need to find tons of computer to keep this running on!

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
Maccentral doesnt want to be beaten by a team with a member called "JelloShotsRule". Awesome. Rock on Jello.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
got to love the lead guys name though. thats just cool. i tried signing up for an account but they woudlnt let me in for some reason. and all i wanted to do was chat with polymerase

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
'lemon-
If they let jello in they'll let anyone in:p ...must be a glitch in their system.

jello'-
No need to get them too pissed off since they have like three times the membership as our team...but they're obviously less organized.:)

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
'lemon-
If they let jello in they'll let anyone in:p ...must be a glitch in their system.

jello'-
No need to get them too pissed off since they have like three times the membership as our team...but they're obviously less organized.:)

oh, thanks dirtbag

yeah, well i don't much care if we beat em or not. i was just shocked to go there and see my name. hahaha. ahhh.. easily amused.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
clicked "new users" or something at the top from the link in this thread.

put in a name and email address. got the password in an email a second later.

not TOO much hacking involved. ha.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
that's weird. i got mine right away. like literally checked right away and it was there.

i assume you've used all types of addresses, ie hotmail, yahoo, etc. a variety of providers...?

that's weird. i guess you could try to contact an admin there if they let you...?

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

i own those bitches.

ps. check out that thread now.
That was an awresome reply. :)

Sorry to join late, but 1mm spaced mini-jumpers are a bitch to find. We'll have some more processors to add to the team come this weekend, from me and da new MR folding boyz.

Keep up the good work, everyone. Our team is one to be proud of for such few members.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by mc68k
That was an awresome reply. :)

Sorry to join late, but 1mm spaced mini-jumpers are a bitch to find. We'll have some more processors to add to the team come this weekend, from me and da new MR folding boyz.

thanks..

explain to us laypeople (ie, non nerds) what the 1mm spaced mini jumpers is all about? i'm lost. and my nerd pills just ran out... gotta get the new subscription filled..... doubling up the dosage to keep up with you guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.