Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
I just uploaded version 0.4b. (see first post)

You can now see more data (if you wish) on your and team efforts.
I don't like how it looks now - the big version, that will be addressed later. When I redesign it, i will also leave out the 'title' (FoldingTracker), it's not really needed and leaving it out would make it smaller.

Thx for all the feedback so far chaps.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
I am running the Award Winning folding widget on 10.3.9 using amnesty.

COOL

you can find your user number in the panel to the left of your profile, above user summary. In my case the number is 125107.

Attachments

• Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 9.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 381

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
stubeeef said:
you can find your user number in the panel to the left of your profile, above user summary. In my case the number is 125107.
Thx for pointing this out, must have missed it somehow.
Added to the FAQ.

Good to know it runs in Amnesty!

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
I like the new version. But can i recommend that you do what the weather widget does, where you click on it and it gives you a small version and then a more informed version.

EDIT: sorry my ignorance you can. Now i can fully give this widget two thumbs up.

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
Wow, I absolutely love this widget, just a little positive criticizing. ;)

Where you click the three dots on the bottom to expand it, you have to go down to the bottom of the widget to close it back. Anyway of keeping it were it is, so you can quickly click, look, close back. This functionality would be similar to the weather widget.

And for the actual design, I know you stated that you didn't like it and are planning to change it, make sure you make it nice and "aquafied", like the apple widgets. If you don't think you're too good at that there are always design pros here that i'm sure would be willing to help. :)

But nevertheless I love this, I know this is just the early beta stage, but I have confidence this will be one of my favorite widgets. Also, have you thought of making a modified version which can join any team, and then submit it to Dashboard Widgets.com , you could win a Mac mini! :D (by the way I am in no way associated with these guys)

EDIT: Woops was just reading MacBytes and noticed that voting has started and the contest is over at dashboardwidgets.com .... :eek:

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Flying Llama said:
thx mate. Positive words are always nice to hear/read!

Flying Llama said:
Also, have you thought of making a modified version which can join any team, and then submit it to Dashboard Widgets.com , you could win a Mac mini! :D (by the way I am in no way associated with these guys)
Actually you can already. I just put some 'MacRumors' text on the back to maybe steal some folders from other teams when i release the beta to the whole wide world ;).

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
redeye_be said:
thx mate. Positive words are always nice to hear/read!

Your welcome!

redeye_be said:
Actually you can already. I just put some 'MacRumors' text on the back to maybe steal some folders from other teams when i release the beta to the whole wide world ;).

Ahh smart indeed! ;)

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
Dreadnought said:
Redeye, I don't know what happend, but I have a missing picture in the folding widget. I did drop a place this week.

Hey I wouldn't mind... I wish mine looked like that if you know what I mean... ;)

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Dreadnought said:
Redeye, I don't know what happend, but I have a missing picture in the folding widget. I did drop a place this week.
Could you compare this to your content of the FoldingTracker.wdgt package.
Code:
-rw-r--r--   1 jeroen  jeroen   5056 May 18 20:04 Default.png
-rw-r--r--   1 jeroen  jeroen   1092 May 18 20:04 Default_back.png
-rw-r--r--   1 jeroen  jeroen   2451 May 18 21:49 EOC_Folding.gif
-rw-r--r--   1 jeroen  jeroen   6180 May 21 14:20 Icon.png
-rw-rw-r--   1 jeroen  jeroen    764 May 28 01:49 Info.plist
-rw-r--r--   1 jeroen  jeroen    156 May 21 22:09 change_down.png
-rw-r--r--   1 jeroen  jeroen   2814 May 21 22:12 change_no.png
-rw-r--r--   1 jeroen  jeroen    149 May 21 22:09 change_up.png
-rwxrwxr-x   1 jeroen  jeroen   1304 Jun 17  2004 done.png
-rw-r--r--   1 jeroen  jeroen   2746 May 28 01:30 foldingtracker.css
-rw-rw-r--   1 jeroen  jeroen   2829 May 28 01:47 foldingtracker.html
-rw-r--r--   1 jeroen  jeroen  11306 May 28 01:47 foldingtracker.js
-rw-r--r--   1 jeroen  jeroen   6236 May 23 21:58 largefront.png
-rw-r--r--   1 jeroen  jeroen    198 May 23 22:04 resizebutton.png
-rw-rw-r--   1 jeroen  jeroen    463 May 28 01:50 version.plist

(just in case ;))
in terminal (applications/utilities) type
Code:
 ls -l /Library/Widgets/FoldingTracker.wdgt/
or
Code:
 ls -l ~/Library/Widgets/FoldingTracker.wdgt/
depending on where you installed the widget to obtain this output.​

Strange nonetheless, have you tried re-downloading the widget?

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
I have set up another instance of the widget to monitor glencox, he'll be my next conquest, matter of hours. Just one more WU.

The code behind that arrow is the same as the arrow we saw pointing down after the 1 place drop for the team.

I'll check it out...
Still very strange though.

lssmit02

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2004
Love this widget

This is a great widget, and itself justifies the upgrade to Tiger! BTW, I believe you can update any widget by selecting it, and then hitting command-R (just FYI for the summary in the first post).

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
lssmit02 said:
This is a great widget, and itself justifies the upgrade to Tiger! BTW, I believe you can update any widget by selecting it, and then hitting command-R (just FYI for the summary in the first post).
Good point, glad you're enjoying the widget.

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
I just switched places with glencox on the team ladder.
The up and down arrows work fine here.

Dreadnought, could you check the widget with this (-> 97758 <-) user id and tell me if the arrow works?

Cheers

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
It works fine with glencox. Very strange, but in a couple of days Issmit should be passing me, so if it is something the widget it should happen again (at least with my widget). I'll let you know.

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
MontyZ said:
I first thought this whole Folding thing had to do with laundry.
Once they've learnt enough i guess they would be able to use the knowledge in other fields of science, maybe even the cleaning sciences if you find this more important than the health aspect.

So you were seriously interseted in a widget about folding laundry?
:p :D ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.