Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
That was wierd. When i came to this forum just now. I thing stuck to my screen even when i scolled up and down, it said "macrumors - FoldingTracker (a widget just for you!)"

anyone had this before. It does not do it again. I got a screen shot of it. I will post it later.

(i did a fast crop of it)

Attachments

• Picture 6-2.pdf
    233.7 KB · Views: 318

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
trainguy77 said:
That was wierd. When i came to this forum just now. I thing stuck to my screen even when i scolled up and down, it said "macrumors - FoldingTracker (a widget just for you!)"

anyone had this before. It does not do it again. I got a screen shot of it. I will post it later.

(i did a fast crop of it)

Yeah, I get that bug sometimes too, started in panther. I think it's triggered when you activate exposé and then remove in some funny way, like really fast and then only moving your cursor like one pixel. But it's pretty hard to do it purposely.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
DeSnousa said:
Thanks this is awesome little widget. Thanks for taking time to make it. :)

Hey I just downloaded the widget for Tiger and it just comes up Blink and says Overclockers Australia :confused: Am I doing something wrong? I have the team name entered in correctly in the back.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Chrispy said:
Hey I just downloaded the widget for Tiger and it just comes up Blink and says Overclockers Australia :confused: Am I doing something wrong? I have the team name entered in correctly in the back.

I was playing with it and what you are putting the team number where you put your user number. In that same field you need to enter: 140721 this is your number. If you enter that number it should come up with your score. :)

Good to see you are getting in too it!

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
trainguy77 said:
I was playing with it and what you are putting the team number where you put your user number. In that same field you need to enter: 140721 this is your number. If you enter that number it should come up with your score. :)

Good to see you are getting in too it!

Thanks! That explains it :) I am starting to enjoy this :D

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Back at my computer, finally.
A lumbago kept me laying down in front of my tv since sunday. sucks.
Thx for helping out with the user questions.

Time to do some work on the widget :D

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
redeye_be said:
Back at my computer, finally.
A lumbago kept me laying down in front of my tv since sunday. sucks.
Thx for helping out with the user questions.

Time to do some work on the widget :D

Welcome back, i was wondering what had happened to you.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Hi Redeye,

I have come accross another bug, or it's my dual G5... or Atszyman is spoking me out! :mad: Like he's ever gonna catch up with me!
This is the case: I have three folding widgets running for over a week now, no problem in that week. I have three because I want to monitor someone behind me (Atszyman) and my next overtake in front of me. But when I just looked all three widgets where on Atszyman.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Dreadnought said:
Hi Redeye,

I have come accross another bug, or it's my dual G5... or Atszyman is spoking me out! :mad: Like he's ever gonna catch up with me!
This is the case: I have three folding widgets running for over a week now, no problem in that week. I have three because I want to monitor someone behind me (Atszyman) and my next overtake in front of me. But when I just looked all three widgets where on Atszyman.

I had this problem too. It must be how it stores the data.

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
Dreadnought said:
Hi Redeye,

It's not just the folding tracker widget: I believe there is one preference file for a specific widget, so when dashboard was restarted, it loaded the preference file, and applied it to all folding tracker widgets. Apple should fix this...
:)

llama

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
What a cool little widget :) It actually made me reinstall F@H on my comps, so three cheers to you :D

1x PM G4 466Mhz - Yay! :rolleyes: At least it'll fold most of the time.
1x PB G4 1.33GHz - Which is my main comp at the moment so not much time.
1x Athlon XP 2600+ - A friend is keeping it at my place for a while, so I'll just borrow it a little bit. Will probably fold most of the time.
Getting 1x Athlon 64 3200+ in a week or so, which I'll also install F@H on.

/Trying to avoid dropping into 800th place.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Dreadnought said:
Hi Redeye,

I routinely hack into your dual G5 and make sure that you get lots of Tinkers. This way I don't feel like I'm hindering the effort but I can still cripple you...:D

Your IP address is 127.0.0.1 correct?

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
My back is still killing me but at least i can sit for more than 30 minutes right now, expect the widget to change this week.

welcome back to folding dubbz!

As for the tracking of other folders and multiple instances.
It is indeed, as Flying Llama pointed out, an apple thing with the prefs. You should however be able to work around this by duplicating the widget in your library and giving it a different name. This will let you run different widgets in stead of different instances. No idea on the performance hit though, not at home/mac right now.

A 'target' option is in the make. It will let you track 3 folders or teams of your choice in one widget. Now how cool is that ;).

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
atszyman said:
I routinely hack into your dual G5 and make sure that you get lots of Tinkers. This way I don't feel like I'm hindering the effort but I can still cripple you...:D

Your IP address is 127.0.0.1 correct?
Isn't that the IP of Quadra840? I already crippled him by shutting down his power once in a while. He was getting to close. And about those Stinkers, My normal production output is at 300, but with all these Stinkers I'm lucky if my average is 200 a day. We should all complain by Stanford, maybe we can do something about it and get a bit more gromacs.

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
Dreadnought said:
Isn't that the IP of Quadra840? I already crippled him by shutting down his power once in a while. He was getting to close. And about those Stinkers, My normal production output is at 300, but with all these Stinkers I'm lucky if my average is 200 a day. We should all complain by Stanford, maybe we can do something about it and get a bit more gromacs.

Isn't that everyone's IP? :eek:

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
sry people, no update yet.

I didn't find the time to work on the new features last week. But, today i picked up the work again. I will probably be able to put out a new version by the end of this week. So don't despair...
If you don't see an update before monday next week you can start nagging, a tiny bit ;)

Cheers

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Redeye, you have to enjoy the warm weather a bit. Stop developing that widget and get out into the sun! What am I saying.... Get back to work and work on it all day tomorrow, it's gonna rain anyhow! :D

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Update

Dreadnought said:
Redeye, you have to enjoy the warm weather a bit. Stop developing that widget and get out into the sun!
Yeah, you're probably right. Although most of the work is done during the currently to hot nights ;).

Dreadnought said:
What am I saying.... Get back to work and work on it all day tomorrow, it's gonna rain anyhow! :D
Bossing me around, are you? :mad:
I'll have you're folding @$$ in 178 days as i can see from the new version of the widget. Watch your back mate :D.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just made it work a half an hour ago, have fun with it ppl.
See first post to download.

As the new 'bug' section says: there is a resizing bug when viewing the back. Click the bottom of the widget to make it large before you view prefs to get the smoothest transition.

The code cleanup is needed now more than ever. This was one of the lasts steps in the beta stage. I will now (appart from fixing some more - user reported - bugs maybe) start working on the widget from scratch. Less code, nicer graphics, easier to use. It will take a while though.
Any request on widget abilities will be considered.

Time to enjoy the weather.
24°C at 12:23 am :(.

Have fun with the widget and let me know what you think.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Cool redeye, thanks for the update! And it's here about the same, the heat that is. Too hot to get some sleep. So, installing the widget at 00:48 CET is the best thing to do! :D And I think it's time to get this baby out of its Beta status and make it version 1.05. After this update, you have earned your rest, for the weekend that is :p

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
It would be great if we could also have possibly have a team overtake, and who may overtake our team. In addition, something showing the day-to-day output of the team.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.