Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
trainguy77 said:
It would be great if we could also have possibly have a team overtake, and who may overtake our team. In addition, something showing the day-to-day output of the team.
Already on the to-do list (see the first post).
I meant to do this at the same time as building in user targets but i'll keep it for the rewritten version. That way you'll have something to look out to. A bit like Christmas indeed. ;)

questions:
About the day-to-day output, what do you mean? Info that is not provided in the team details? In reference to overtaking?

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Like have the 24 hr average on the main section, because this is what I look at when I look at our team. Also a way to see the graphs would be great, but that might be a problem. By the way, if you ever need some help, don't be afraid to give me a shout

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
trainguy77 said:
Like have the 24 hr average on the main section, because this is what I look at when I look at our team.
That's what the 'details' are for. I don't want to clutter the widget with to much information, unless you ask for it by expanding it.
If a lot of people would like this i would be forced to implement though ;).
trainguy77 said:
Also a way to see the graphs would be great, but that might be a problem.
I have been playing with this though from the beginning, there are some issues.
First, and most important: EOC might not like this, they still like getting hits on their webpage. I really don't want to piss them off since they are the ones providing the info.
Second: A log would have to be kept with all data, for the desired period of time. For this to work the widget would have to be able to download the xml file every 3 hours, making the graphs useless when you miss an update.
Maybe in the future, when somebody donates a server to host our own stats... :rolleyes:
trainguy77 said:
By the way, if you ever need some help, don't be afraid to give me a shout
I'll keep that in mind, thx! What are you good at? ;)

For now, the biggest support anyone can give me is using the widget, keeping this thread alive and spreading the word (maybe even signature wise like some people do).

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
I think it should also include a folding accelerator, a folding amplyfier, and a voice feature that spits out the time, my points, WU's, Avg's, next 300hour overtake info, and the top 5 coming up the ranks threatning me, the team stats, and give this info via voice every 15 minutes!

Whata think?

:eek:

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
stubeeef said:
I think it should also include a folding accelerator
From version 0.2b on, i have included my own distributed computing app. All of you that are running the widget are secretly donating some CPU time to calculating my WUs. Muhahahaha
stubeeef said:
and a voice feature that spits out the time, my points, WU's, Avg's, next 300hour overtake info, and the top 5 coming up the ranks threatning me, the team stats, and give this info via voice every 15 minutes!
Version 2.5 of the widget i have running here, i think i'll send it out in about two and a half year, does just that. It only 'speaks' every three hours though, when the stats are updated.

;)

Astral Cars

macrumors regular
May 11, 2005
St. Paul
I've got a question and I didn't really want to start a new topic for it. I got folding going an here (using terminal) and it's been going for a few days. I downloaded the folding tracker widget and clicked the icon on the back and it still wont recognize by user name on the site (it doesn't find any users) and I looked in terminal and I found my ID number and put that into the widget and it doesn't get any info from it. How long does it take for the site to recognize new accounts? And why the heck after like three days can I not get any info on it? I'm getting annoyed I wanna see my stats.

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Astral Cars said:
I've got a question and I didn't really want to start a new topic for it. I got folding going an here (using terminal) and it's been going for a few days. I downloaded the folding tracker widget and clicked the icon on the back and it still wont recognize by user name on the site (it doesn't find any users) and I looked in terminal and I found my ID number and put that into the widget and it doesn't get any info from it. How long does it take for the site to recognize new accounts? And why the heck after like three days can I not get any info on it? I'm getting annoyed I wanna see my stats.
What's your username, ID number?
If your stats are on the EOC site, the widget will show them.

Astral Cars

macrumors regular
May 11, 2005
St. Paul
My user name is Astral_Cars and ID number is 379088 (I think) but my stats aren't on EOC, that's the problem. I've had it running for three or four days and I'm still not on there.

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Astral Cars said:
My user name is Astral_Cars and ID number is 379088 (I think) but my stats aren't on EOC, that's the problem. I've had it running for three or four days and I'm still not on there.
Nothing anybody here can do really. http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userstats has no Astral_Cars either.
Maybe you should just wait until you've ended a WU or you've mistyped your username.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
redeye_be said:
Version 2.5 of the widget i have running here, i think i'll send it out in about two and a half year, does just that. It only 'speaks' every three hours though, when the stats are updated.;)
I think the 2.5 years have passed, so it's time for another update!
:D

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Dreadnought said:
I think the 2.5 years have passed, so it's time for another update!
:D
Next week i'll try to get myself to start working on 1.0. No change that, i won't try, i'll do. Procrastination... sry
I've been thinking about a new layout for the damn thing, if anybody has any ideas please feel free to post (or PM if you like).

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Get rid of the red background color! A lot of widgets use red, at least the ones I have (same for blue). Use as a background your avatar, that would be cool, with the same red letters of the lines!

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Hi red eye,

I was thinking about another little widget, or build this into the folding tracker. A widget that lets you know/or you can see if there was a post in one of the folding threads and click on the thread name and you go straight to the MacRumors distributed computing forums!

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
XML changed -> Widget (currently) DOWN

Things are about to change...

In order to let version 1.0 of this widget really blow your socks of, some changes had to be made on the ExtremeOverclocking side.
The guys are great in adding some extra info i requested. Small bummer: the current version of the widget doesn't work anymore (it has no idea the xml file changed - no AI yet, sry). I'll try to do a quick fix by the end of the week (should be faster, just not in the mood right now :cool: ). 1.0 should be out before the end of the month (september that is ;)).

Sorry about this,
Keep up the fold,
Cheerio,

me

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
redeye_be said:
Things are about to change...

In order to let version 1.0 of this widget really blow your socks of, some changes had to be made on the ExtremeOverclocking side.
The guys are great in adding some extra info i requested. Small bummer: the current version of the widget doesn't work anymore (it has no idea the xml file changed - no AI yet, sry). I'll try to do a quick fix by the end of the week (should be faster, just not in the mood right now :cool: ). 1.0 should be out before the end of the month (september that is ;)).

Sorry about this,
Keep up the fold,
Cheerio,

me
So that explains why my widget broke today. Looking forward to the new changes. Should be fantastic... :)

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Thank you for your hard work on the folding widget redeye_be. I'm sure that it's a labor of love. Improvements are always welcome. Will be something to look forward to when I upgrade to Tiger.

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Display bug fixed - Anybody who wants to take over?

Hello all,

It's been a while. Life has been quite busy here for me. A few weeks ago everything started falling back in to place again.
After a few weeks of doing absolutely nothing but trying to decide (summer break @ edu job) i pointed the gun towards the church tower (it's a dutch saying : The bullet is through the church - decision has been made).
Today i started my first day of school. Finally doing something I really like :). And after some tryouts with jobs i could do while studying i landed on a sweet spot at a retail shop (guess what i'm selling :D;)).

Anyhow, school really will take up most of my time, so i will have to choose between a masters degree or a cool widget.
I could stop reading MR... :rolleyes:

The widget now works again.
Download here or use the link in the first post.

If you, or anybody you know would like to continue or redesign a folding widget, feel free to contact me. It's a great way of getting started with webdesign and javascript. I mentioned the possibility of making a Konfabulator version of the widget to EOC, they seemed to like it and, just maybe, if you play your cards right, there could be something in it for you.
I'm throwing in the towel but am more than happy to donate all my work and conversations with EOC to somebody who is really interested in making this a very cool widget.

Thx for your support while making this widget. You guys rock, all (well ok, not all but most ;))

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Boehoe... Too bad redeye. Thanks for all the good and hard work. Now, don't install folding at all those little Apples in the store (BTW which store is it?!?!) or I will have to find a way to get more compu's folding for me. Hope you will stay an active member here.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Thank you for all your work on the widget, especially the last fix ;)

Lovely thing that always reminds me of my status and the teams. Thanks again for the efforts, best of skill with work and school. Hopefully we will continue to see you around.

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
Dreadnought said:
...(BTW which store is it?!?!)...
doPi
:rolleyes:
The new and only apple center in the center of bxl, i should be there every friday and saturday ;)

I should also check with my boss about posting in the rumors sections i guess..

Anyhow, thx for the support - you to efoto! ;).
I guess i will find the time to post now and then. Interesting times on the rumor front by the way :eek: :eek:
And i still fold. The widget says i'm #58 @ 116 days from Dreadnought.

I might as well have cleared out my employer in the first post, so i'll clear out the other stuff now.
I started my attempt at a bachelor and probably master degree in graphic and advertisement design. Maybe in four years i will find the time to make an absolute killer design option laden folding widget. Anybody is welcome to beat me to it though!

Time for bed

See you all soon

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
redeye_be said:
And i still fold. The widget says i'm #58 @ 116 days from Dreadnought.
Make that 133 days! :D Too bad Virtual PC quit on me (and deleted my whole 10 GB windoos partition), because I have 2 finished WU's from my pc @ work (firewall at work blocks the up and download of wu's from Stanford), about 500 points worth! So Red_eye, first try and come close then we see if you've got what it takes to overtake me! :D

Too bad the store is in Belgium, I thought you lived in the Netherlands, Amsterdam or something, then I would have come by some day!!

Good luck and I'll be watching you (over my shoulder!!).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.