Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
Hopefully the 5.5" will be annouced the same time as the smaller. The 4.7" just doesn't seem significant in contrast to the larger (over 5") phones on the market already.

Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
These are the leaked shots I've been waiting for... The photographer even has the long fingernails. These (seem) legit, but let's not foget the Android iPhone 6 clones floating around China.

If this is the 6, I'm personally still not happy that the left/right bezel is still the same thickess as current gen. Would have been nice if they had streamlined the front design a little more, as it appears to be really just an oversized iPhone 5s, but whatever. My 4 is on its last leg and I'm in need of a serious upgrade. ;)

After all this time its hard to believe the bezels are still as huge as they are.

andromeda107

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2014
These are the leaked shots I've been waiting for... The photographer even has the long fingernails. These (seem) legit, but let's not foget the Android iPhone 6 clones floating around China.

If this is the 6, I'm personally still not happy that the left/right bezel is still the same thickess as current gen. Would have been nice if they had streamlined the front design a little more, as it appears to be really just an oversized iPhone 5s, but whatever. My 4 is on its last leg and I'm in need of a serious upgrade. ;)

I'm sure these are fake. This is likely what the real panel looks like, as I think this youtuber had one in the scratch test video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5R0_FJ4r73s

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 102

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Front Panel from 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Once Again Shown in Photos

I too doubt there will be a 5,5" 4,7" is a comfortable size... It just took apple time to understand that. 5.5" is on the borderline of being a very unpractical size. And apple doesn't seem to like making unpractical gadgets. That combined with the fact that we have hardly seen more leaks of the 5,5 " than we saw of the teardrop phone makes me sceptical. I don't mind at all though. I for one will buy the highest end model so I hope that will become the 4,7 range.

I'm also very curious how the radio band lines will turn out... Those are more worrysome to me... They look horrible.

Last edited:

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I too doubt there will be a 5,5" 4,7" is a comfortable size... It just took apple time to understand that. 5.5" is on the borderline of being a very unpractical size. And apple doesn't seem to like making unpractical gadgets. That combined with the fact that we have hardly seen more leaks of the 5,5 " than we saw of the teardrop phone makes me sceptical. I don't mind at all though. I for one will buy the highest end model so I hope that will become the 4,7 range.

I'm also very curious how the radio band lines will turn out... Those are more worrysome to me... They look horrible.

If Appke were gonna release a 5.5 it will be next year because I can't Apple holding two events to launch phones within a couple of months of each other.
There is no way that they would announce a 5.5 at the same event as the new iPads and watch - if the watch exists even

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
If Appke were gonna release a 5.5 it will be next year because I can't Apple holding two events to launch phones within a couple of months of each other.
There is no way that they would announce a 5.5 at the same event as the new iPads and watch - if the watch exists even

Yes, the ipad event in October is full, because of the ipads, imac, mac mini,macbook, apple tv, maybe iwatch and yosemite

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
You're just saying that because now you don't believe the 5.5" is coming. When it surfaces it will be the perfect size for you.

Nah, it's pretty much what I've thought all along. I am getting the 4.7 for sure because the 5.5 is just too big for me. But if there was a 5, that would be my ideal size.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Let's see - once the September event comes - who, of the people who were and are absolutely convinced the iPhone 6 5.5" would be a reality, has the humility and backbone to come back here, refer to this post and swallow their arrogant know-it-all attitude, and say "sorry, we were wrong, and sorry for being a pig headed know it all"

I'll put a VERY VERY large bet on no SINGLE person doing so.

Here's a direct link to this post, so you may refer back to this post, whilst I hand you a flanned to wipe the egg off your faces:

http://tinyurl.com/nowayiphone65point5inch

OR

http://tinyurl.com/5-5aintcomin

OR

http://tinyurl.com/eggonmyface

The thing is, it's people like you that ruin websites like MR by referring to people as "pigheaded", purely because you haven't managed to bring them round to your way of thinking.

There's just no need to be so ignorant, rude and downright offensive to people.

For the record, I still think a 5.5" iPhone is coming.

If it doesn't happen, my/the world will keep spinning and I'll have no issues admitting my gut feeling was wrong.

But also for the record, there are people posting here trying to convince people that a 5.5" iPhone isn't coming, that I would describe as pigheaded, I just choose not to.

Oflife

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2009
Tragic...

that unlike Google with their innovative and pretty pretty Nexus phones, that introduce a different - and improved - design each iteration, Apple are sticking with a dull form factor. No innovations like the very well conceived LG G3 and although the specs are unknown, Apple still don't offer stereo audio recording with video, which renders any video footage pointless really as even 30 year old camcorders offered that. (I know, I had one in the 1980s.) Apple are really behind the curve in many areas and I so hope these leaks are fake, which I sadly do not believe they are. And that brings me onto the second issue, a total lack of success by Tim C to crack down on security breaches. There is no element of surprise any more. Of course, as per the circular Mac Pro, Apple may be using the next iPhone to distract from other new innovations (such as the iWatch etc) and so allow these leaks to keep the media etc away from sources of leaks about other products. Just a guess.

Shuri

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2011
Those are wasted clock cycles just to protect against a flawed design of having a bezel too small.

There are no additional "clock cycles" being used. Any touch to the screen has to be taken care of by the OS anyway, so it might as well decide to ignore them.

SgtFire

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2014
Hard to tell

But those pictures look like a 5s to me. But what do I know except all these 5.5" phones are not coming are hilarious. :D

Edit...I also agree that 5" phone would be ideal for me. But hey, like many others, I am excited for the 9th. Planning on taking the day off! Problem with that? LOL

danakin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
Toronto
Yeah because I can't stand hypocrisy. Everyone drools over the design do the HTC One and yet it looks almost exactly the same as the one from last year. Smartphones are like laptops. The form factor isn't going to change much from year to year. And everyone should have known when Apple stuck Touch ID in the home button that the home button wasn't going away anytime soon. So why anyone is surprised by the top and bottom bezels on the new iPhone I'll never get. I certainly wouldn't give up Touch ID just so the bezels could shrink. My thumb fits perfectly on the home button. Much more convenient than Samsung's implementation.

I think you need to grow up. As Burger Thing has mentioned, your propensity is for invoking the irrelevent.
Yes, you're an Apple fan; nothing wrong with that, just stay within relevance it helps with your credibility.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
that unlike Google with their innovative and pretty pretty Nexus phones, that introduce a different - and improved - design each iteration, Apple are sticking with a dull form factor. No innovations like the very well conceived LG G3 and although the specs are unknown, Apple still don't offer stereo audio recording with video, which renders any video footage pointless really as even 30 year old camcorders offered that. (I know, I had one in the 1980s.) Apple are really behind the curve in many areas and I so hope these leaks are fake, which I sadly do not believe they are.

Exactly. Pure tragic. What were Apple thinking? I mean, looks at the Macbook Pro. The look hasn't changed for how many years? Why can't they do what others always do? Like HP for example. They changed their notebook design quite often. Now it even resembles Macbook Pro. lol.
I mean why can't Apple be like any others? lol. Like provide a stereo sound while recording video instead of that gimmicky Touch ID? Be like LG for once, FFS. :)

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I think you need to grow up. As Burger Thing has mentioned, your propensity is for invoking the irrelevent.
Yes, you're an Apple fan; nothing wrong with that, just stay within relevance it helps with your credibility.

I think it's hypocritical to knock Apple for something that exists across the industry. Smartphones are a mature product and their form factor really isn't changing much. The only changes we're seeing now (besides making the screens larger) is shrinking the bezels. Yeah I'm sure Apple could find a way to shrink the top bezel but IMO the asymmetry would make the face of the phone fugly.

I use Touch ID every day. It's so simple, intuitive, natural. Just press the home button with my thumb and my phone is unlocked. It works for me 99.9% of the time. If Apple can eventually figure out a way to implement Touch ID without needing the physical home button, great. But at this point I wouldn't give that implementation up (or the function of the home button in general) for anything.

danakin

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
Toronto
I think it's hypocritical to knock Apple for something that exists across the industry. Smartphones are a mature product and their form factor really isn't changing much. The only changes we're seeing now (besides making the screens larger) is shrinking the bezels. Yeah I'm sure Apple could find a way to shrink the top bezel but IMO the asymmetry would make the face of the phone fugly.

I use Touch ID every day. It's so simple, intuitive, natural. Just press the home button with my thumb and my phone is unlocked. It works for me 99.9% of the time. If Apple can eventually figure out a way to implement Touch ID without needing the physical home button, great. But at this point I wouldn't give that implementation up (or the function of the home button in general) for anything.

Let me try to explain this again.

It's not hypocritical at all. This is a message board for discussing Apple products and services. Therefore, what other manufacturers do is not relevant to the discussion. Now, if a thread's scope is a discussion on the mobile industry's design sensibilities, then your endless (and mostly irrelevant) comparisons would be valid and even welcomed.

Here's an example: If I want to criticize Sony (on one of their fan sites) for their 6 month release cycle, why would it matter that I mention what LG, Apple, or HTC does?

As for your love affair with Touch ID; I'm happy for you that you found a piece of tech that meets your needs. Choice in this consumer space is a good thing. Of course, when others have an opinion on the potential impact the Touch ID button will have on a device's size; it once again doesn't matter one iota what HTC has done.

Your arguments and opinions would have more weight if they were not so capricious.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
How do we know this isn't from a Chinese knock off? I swear MR posted other photos that showed thinner side bezels.

Actually my BF just did his first iPhone 5S screen replacement and he said that the replacement part didn't look much different than that. So similar in fact that this so called iPhone 6 screen could just be a service part and someone is trying to fool everyone with a part that perhaps got tossed because the panel is defective somehow (baby crack somewhere or such)

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
That display looks nothing like this:

Where are the thinner side bezels? Where is the slightly curved edges? Even the top and bottom bezels looks smaller with the display shown on YouTube. :confused:

That's because these leaks are most likely REAL and not the fake trash You Tube people were spouting as real to boost viewing numbers. :rolleyes:

Oh and yeah, think it's pretty certain the 5.5" model doesn't exist at this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.