Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Hey, ya gotta impress your friends. /s

New Apple iPhones don't impress anymore, not when everyone and their mom owns one and since the iPhone 4, they look very similar to each other. It looks like that will be the case with the iPhone 6. Well, actually on the white iPhone 6, the "jockstrap" will stand out...maybe.

fallenjt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2013
I feel like a 5-inch iPhone would have been the sweet spot. 5.5 is way too clunky for a smartphone and an increase of just .7-inches isn't that great.

The only reason I could think of why they don't do 5" because there'll be 2 versions as speculated. However, I start feeling uncertain about 5.5" because there's no convinced leaks. I hope there'll be 5.5" soon...

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
New Apple iPhones don't impress anymore, not when everyone and their mom owns one and since the iPhone 4, they look very similar to each other. It looks like that will be the case with the iPhone 6. Well, actually on the white iPhone 6, the "jockstrap" will stand out...maybe.

That's fine. I'm 58 and far beyond the need to impress anyone with a phone. As long as it does what I need it to do and does it well I'll be satisfied.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
Forget it mate, I've been saying the same stuff for a while now. Some people on here don't want a 5.5 inch iPhone and can't see the benefit or reasoning of other people wanting one so therefor they don't want one and think because they don't want one no one else wants one and must deny it's possible existence.

those circuit boards werent proof of a 5.5 iphone. too big for 4.7? then, can you say ipad?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

And how is this different from the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and S5? All 3 look the same to me and they are 3 years apart.

Samsung-Galaxy-S5-vs-Galaxy-S4-vs-Galaxy-S3-Display-Hero-2.jpg

uid

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2014
You think a constantly blinking light would save battery life over a screen turned on for literally 1 second? I'd like to see your data on that.

Ok I created an account to respond to this. It seems others are comparing an LED flash to a screen on and recording battery drain or coming up with ridiculous calculations. My brain hurts. Surely you guys can't be serious... A low power LED flashing every several seconds will have almost no impact on battery life, and far, far, less than turning on a screen and waking the device to check alerts. I don't think I can even explain why since the fact that there's any discussion means we arent grounded in reality.

Anyway, notification light is a really good idea, and definitely something Apple should copy.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
And how is this different from the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and S5? All 3 look the same to me and they are 3 years apart.

It's not. It's the same story with Samsung and every other smartphone. Smartphones have become commodities, they're ubiquitous, look alike and now it's all about the software. I was just responding to someone who still believes it's 2007 or 2010.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
It's not. It's the same story with Samsung and every other smartphone. Smartphones have become commodities, they're ubiquitous, look alike and now it's all about the software. I was just responding to someone who still believes it's 2007 or 2010.

Aside from Samsung pushing screen sizes and apple going thinner in recent years Smartphones haven't really changed much honestly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.