Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
I pre ordered the Galaxy Watch 4 black 46mm.

It's running on Wear OS 3. I'm still a bit sketchy about Wear OS from past experiences. But since Wear OS 3 won't be available for any other brand until 2022, I feel like Google and Samsung went all out in optimizing Wear OS 3. Plus all hands on reviews I've seen so far are good.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I'm interested in replacing my Active 2 with a Watch 4, but only if I pre-order the Fold 3. I'm not paying $240 or whatever it costs when Samsung offers so many discounts on their watches.

But the partnership with Google should be good for Android watches in general. Wear OS watches hardware is typically trash and Tizen OS playstore is awful. But Tizen/Wear OS with the Android playstore should be solid.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Close to hitting buy on a bluetooth stainless steel 46mm Galaxy Watch 4 Classic with either navy, black or red band. Undecided between the different band options and it doesn't help that Samsung probably has the wrong pictures for the ridge sport not showing the line (ridge) down the center. I don't like the ridge but do like the non-painted clasp. Would be nice to see the sport and hybrid leather options in person to decide. But do I really need a redundant accessory for my phone plus it doesn't live up to the week long battery life rumor? Love tech but also want to declutter.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Yeah I’m tempted.
Just need to decide which one and if I do actually want it.
Presumably with it being WearOS and Tizen mix it’ll work as well with other Android devices?

I know that Galaxy watches do work with other androids but don’t think they have every single feature that they do when paired with a Galaxy phone?

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
I’m sure they said at the event at MWC that it would have the assistant? Or maybe they was google maps.

Seems like they was speaking on assistant. It's stated that it's still up in the air if assistant will be pre loaded at launch or afterwards from an update.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Yep. Samsung will give me $150 for my Galaxy Watch Active2, which is just a little under what I paid for it when it was on sale. They're also throwing in $50 for accessories. So I'm in for something like $115-120 for the Watch 4.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Very tempted by the Galaxy Watch 4.

However, I only need the bluetooth version, but for some reason there is no trade in offer on the Active 2. That only shows up with the 4G version.
If I got the 4G version, could I just use it as Bluetooth connection? Nice £150 trade in on that with the Active 2.

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
Im going to order it. It looks great with the Milanese band. Also Google maps on the watch is what did it for me. No more pulling the phone out while trying to navigate in to an unknown new city.

nuprotocol

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2021
I instantly preorderd but might have to cancel. I currently use a Galaxy Watch 3 with zero issues on my iPhone 12 ProMax. However, multiple outlets are reporting that IOS support has been dropped from the new Galaxy Watches. I'm hoping with the Galaxy Watch app on IOS that this isn't true but it seems confirmed.

• Sad
Reactions: 5105973

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Looked at this and … nice! Wonder if it would work on my OnePlus 9 Pro? ?
It should as it’s running android wear. However not sure about some of the features like blood pressure monitoring, ecg and o2 sats monitoring. Also not sure how the sleep tracking would work. Or if google pay is also supported.

Reactions: dk001

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012
I instantly preorderd but might have to cancel. I currently use a Galaxy Watch 3 with zero issues on my iPhone 12 ProMax. However, multiple outlets are reporting that IOS support has been dropped from the new Galaxy Watches. I'm hoping with the Galaxy Watch app on IOS that this isn't true but it seems confirmed.

I'm sure the app was just giving a problem working with IOS? I had a Galaxy watch and I constantly had connection issues.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Pre ordered a GW4 classic 46mm silver LTE, but I'm most likely going to sell it as I won't be using my Fold 3 as my primary device. With all the discounts and trade ins I'm paying around $600 for my Fold3.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

I have a GW3 that I have semi retired because I have to go back to an iphone for work reasons, I just didn't think the GW's interacted very well with iOS, but that's only from reading around and not personal experience. What have you found you can and can't do using yours with iOS? Very curious as this might factor in me keeping my GW3, or keeping my incoming GW4 (pending if it still works with iOS).

My main uses of my smartwatch are for notifications, email, google voice, texts, etc, health tracking, app use like temperature with Ecobee, and workout tracking with realtime HR data.

Edit: I'm hoping this is just that Samsung didn't have time to implement the GW4 into their iOS app yet, OR that they may let the GW's connect through the WearOS app. Has Samsung specifically and officially stated that they ended iOS support? From what I've read they just omitted iOS support on their documentation, so I'm hoping that it's just that they haven't caught up to this yet. As someone who just learned I don't have to be stuck with an AW I'm cautiously excited.

Last edited:

magicman32

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
I just ordered the standard Watch 4 44mm. I previously had the Gear S3 and currently the Watch 3, and I like them, but I still dislike how big and bulky they are so I’m taking any chance I get to downsize and get things a little more comfortable on my wrist (40mm is a little too small and would look weird on me). And since it‘ll only cost me 100 bucks why not give it a shot.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I might upgrade, my S3 frontier is still good after all these years....
I'm tempted.

edit: pre-ordered 46mm Classic black, comes with Samsung wireless dual charger and Samsung wireless 10,000mAh charger as a bonus gifts 😊

Last edited:

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
Just pre-ordered a 42mm GW4 Classic for the wife for £160! Not too shabby. Samsung gave us £150 for the GWA2 and I got a 20% off code for being a S21 range owner. Also get another 5% cashback for using Samsung Pay+

Now I am tempted to upgrade my GW3 to a 46mm GW4 Classic for £135. I will get £200 for the GW3 and have another 20% off code.

Decisions decisions!

Reactions: dk001

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Also managed to get myself a code for 20% off the Galaxy watch 4.
UK also running a deal for a £50 or £75 Google Play Voucher when purchasing a Watch 4 (£50 for normal, £75 for classic).

So it'd be £199 for the Watch 4 plus a £50 voucher on top.

Seems like a nice deal to me. I'm pretty tempted.

Russiaone

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
I pre-ordered the 44mm Watch 4 LTE.

I'm really excited about it coming from an Active 2, which I got $150 for via trade-in.

The Galaxy exclusive features don't matter much to me, as I use my Active 2 for notifications, pedometer, and watch.

Also, the 16 gigs of storage and WearOS/Tizen colab is aces.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.