Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
We have the Consumer Guarantees Act here in New Zealand , the device should last more than a month after the warranty expires.

Bricking a device just after the warranty expires can lead to some pretty easy formed conclusions, right or wrong.

If they want to be dicks about it, I'll buy another brand from now on, but hopefully they'll sort it out without drama
Yeah, I just made a horrible mistake… seen the new update and decided to proceed.

My GW4 immediately turned off when attempting to install and won’t turn back on… I’m on chat support now and they are trying to troubleshoot. I’m confused by the troubleshooting when they are aware of the issue… just allow me to send it in and get it repaired or replaced (WITH NO CHARGE).

Reactions: Klyster

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
Sorry to hear that Ludatyk.

Even the new update has bricked a few people's watches, apparently.

I hope your watch gets sorted without hassle.

(WITH NO CHARGE) Amen, I've already spent money shipping it to the repair Centre, any other charges will be refused by me.

Reactions: Ludatyk

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Sorry to hear that Ludatyk.

Even the new update has bricked a few people's watches, apparently.

I hope your watch gets sorted without hassle.

(WITH NO CHARGE) Amen, I've already spent money shipping it to the repair Centre, any other charges will be refused by me.
Well, I was about to get it repaired out of warranty with a repair fee… rep assured me I’ll get the charge returned when they deem it there was no physical damage to it. But then I’ve seen people get it sorted under warranty (whom was technically out of warranty)… I called back to cancel my ticket.

Because I don’t want to give them a chance to charge me when they repair it, but Samsung is still refusing to repair it out of warranty after a few phone calls. So, I decided to go through the Samsung Members app… Samsung released a statement for Korea, but the ambassadors are willing to help the people in US.

I gave them a direct message indicating I was impacted by the update and I’m awaiting word for the next steps.

Reactions: Klyster

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
An update to the GW4 update fiasco.

In the Samsung Members app… one of the Community Managers were able to help and put in a ticket where I didn’t have to be charged a repair fee. But they placed the ticket as an out of warranty repair… so that might potentially cause problems.

They received it this morning… so, I’ll give a status update when I know more about it. Seen in the reddit thread that some has gotten it all sorted out and received their watch repaired while some had to struggle with getting the repair for free. Then there is some who Samsung stated they didn’t have any parts to repair their watch and issued them a refund.

I wish there were more major outlets picking this up that way Samsung can address this because as of now… there’s no procedure set in place. I had to call at least 4 times and the reps were insistent on me trading in the watch to upgrade… pleading with me its a better deal when all I want is to not be charged for an issue caused by a Samsung update.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Welp, this saga has finally come to a close my Galaxy friends!

a7746f61218e7e1806cb9ebd07580e1e.jpg

Everything works perfectly… but it was odd that UPS sent me a delivered notification. However, I never gotten the package… luckily, an hour later the package was delivered. If anyone who have a Watch 4 that gets bricked via an update stumbles upon this…. Go through the Samsung Members App and get in contact with a Community Manager.

Contacting Samsung Support via chat/phone is a waste of time… because you have to go through a cycle of representatives to find the one who’s competent enough to help and sometimes that’s not enough. I gotta state this is the worst Samsung experience I have had, but I won’t go so far as to claim I’ll never purchase a Samsung product.

Last edited:

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Welp, this saga has finally come to a close my Galaxy friends!

a7746f61218e7e1806cb9ebd07580e1e.jpg

Everything works perfectly… but it was odd that UPS sent me a delivered notification. However, I never gotten the package… luckily, an hour later the package was delivered. If anyone who have a Watch 4 that gets bricked via an update stumbles upon this…. Go through the Samsung Members App and get in contact with a Community Manager.

Contacting Samsung Support via chat/phone is a waste of time… because you have to go through a cycle of representatives to find the one who’s competent enough to help and sometimes that’s not enough. I gotta this is the worst Samsung experience I have had, but I won’t go so far as to claim I’ll never purchase a Samsung product.

Glad they came through for you.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I haven't heard back from them, I'm glad you got yours sorted Ludatyk
Haven’t heard back from them? When did you send your watch off to get repaired? Because I sent mine off Friday.. received an email Monday to confirm Samsung have it.

On Tuesday they mention the part they needed was not in stock and I‘d had to wait within 7 days… which prompted me to determine what action could take place after that. However, the next day after on Wednesday to my surprise… they sent me an email stating that it has been repaired and was preparing to be shipped off.

I was actually scheduled to get it on Thursday, but I think because the repair happened too late on Wednesday it missed UPS pick-up schedule.

Reactions: 5105973

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
Haven’t heard back from them?
I sent it last Friday, 11th Nov, I know they have it because it was tracked and I can see the sig from the guy at the Repair Centre.

I'm trying to keep positive about it but we'll see.

Pisspoor communication Samsung, I'm an easy 2500-4000 a year, don't screw that up because I'm a stubborn ass if someone tries one on me.

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.