Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Just got the 46mm Classic delivered. So glad I went for the 46mm size, cause it feels so much smaller and lighter. It feels like the Active with a physical bezel.

nuprotocol

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2021
I have a GW3 that I have semi retired because I have to go back to an iphone for work reasons, I just didn't think the GW's interacted very well with iOS, but that's only from reading around and not personal experience. What have you found you can and can't do using yours with iOS? Very curious as this might factor in me keeping my GW3, or keeping my incoming GW4 (pending if it still works with iOS).

My main uses of my smartwatch are for notifications, email, google voice, texts, etc, health tracking, app use like temperature with Ecobee, and workout tracking with realtime HR data.

Edit: I'm hoping this is just that Samsung didn't have time to implement the GW4 into their iOS app yet, OR that they may let the GW's connect through the WearOS app. Has Samsung specifically and officially stated that they ended iOS support? From what I've read they just omitted iOS support on their documentation, so I'm hoping that it's just that they haven't caught up to this yet. As someone who just learned I don't have to be stuck with an AW I'm cautiously excited.
The GW3 gives me all notifications and phone calls. I can also make calls from the watch with my 12ProMax connected. I also use the iOS Samsung Health app to track my workouts with the watch. The main limitation is not being able to respond to emails or text messages from the watch, but I'm fine with that since the phone has to be connected.

Reactions: spinedoc77

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
The Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is amazing. OS feels much better to me. Finally a decent app drawer and store to back it. Feels very much like Tizen gestures with some of Googles aesthetics. Cant comment on battery life or anything yet. But being my first watch with the rotating bezel, I dont think I could go back. Its the best navigation method for smart watches, including the Apple Watch crown (although Apple haptics are better).

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
The Galaxy Watch 4 Classic is amazing. OS feels much better to me. Finally a decent app drawer and store to back it. Feels very much like Tizen gestures with some of Googles aesthetics. Cant comment on battery life or anything yet. But being my first watch with the rotating bezel, I dont think I could go back. Its the best navigation method for smart watches, including the Apple Watch crown (although Apple haptics are better).

Started my day at 6am with 46mm Classic on my wrist. It's now at 59%. I think it'll last until close to noon tomorrow. I'm satisfied, especially for a Wear OS watch.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
The sleep snoring detection works very well. I don't snore in the stereotypical sense, but it did record my heavy breathing. And was even smart enough to detect that under the noise of my loud A/C which was on full blast.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Started my day at 6am with 46mm Classic on my wrist. It's now at 59%. I think it'll last until close to noon tomorrow. I'm satisfied, especially for a Wear OS watch.
Which Classic did you and @Awesomesince86 picked up? Silver or Black?

Just picked up the silver Classic model and while never owning a Galaxy Smartwatch, it’s quite different from the Apple Watch… just in terms of the circular aspect. I plan on putting through its paces to see how I feel about it, but I’ve been waiting for a WearOS branded Samsung Watch for years.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009

Just picked up the silver Classic model and while never owning a Galaxy Smartwatch, it’s quite different from the Apple Watch… just in terms of the circular aspect. I plan on putting through its paces to see how I feel about it, but I’ve been waiting for a WearOS branded Samsung Watch for years.

I picked up the black.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016

Black 46mm. Love it.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
The GW3 gives me all notifications and phone calls. I can also make calls from the watch with my 12ProMax connected. I also use the iOS Samsung Health app to track my workouts with the watch. The main limitation is not being able to respond to emails or text messages from the watch, but I'm fine with that since the phone has to be connected.

I tried it for a few days to see how it was, it wasn't half bad at all. I still prefer just having the AW functionally, which is a shame because aesthetically I'd much prefer the GW3/4.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Do you and @LIVEFRMNYC know something I don’t. Is it because the black blends in with the screen?

I just choose due to preference. And my Galaxy Watch (2018) had the stainless steel color with the bezel darkened. The all black on the Watch 4 look more elegant, but I do wish the body was bigger like my previous one.

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
Argh, I'm a bit in s dubio. I really love the Skagen Falster 3 design but it won't get upgraded to wear
OS 3. But then again. Where do I need a smartwatch for? Reading notifications, changing my smart lights, paying with Google Pay and tracking fitness. Which is all available. On the other hand the Samsung galaxy watch 4 got the newest processor. €179 VS €269. Not sure if that's worth it. The only thing what would make me regret it is if Skagen release the Falster 4 at the same time as Fossil will. But this design is unbeatable.
SkagenFalster_3_1.jpg

Reactions: Ludatyk and Zwhaler

The_Interloper

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
€179 VS €269. Not sure if that's worth it.
Many retailers are currently offering trade-in of £75 (Watch4) or £100 (Watch4 Classic) here in the UK for any smartwatch (even junk/cheapies). There's also up to £75 in Google Play credit so Samsung are clearly keen to get these off to a good start.

I don't think there's any other Android smartwatch worth considering right now, especially with these offers.

Russiaone

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
My 44mm Watch arrived yesterday and I'm in love with it.

I'll say that my Active 2 never lagged or felt like it was slowing down, but the little bit of extra screen real estate and, my favorite new feature, Youtube Music, makes my new watch just awesome.

Also, it feels MUCH better on my wrist (standard band).

Got the LTE just in case I wanna use it in the future.

Paid $170 after government discount and trade in.

Happy happy, joy joy.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
Do you and @LIVEFRMNYC know something I don’t. Is it because the black blends in with the screen?
Nah, just what I plan on using it for. I'm a watch guy, always have one on. This will be my everyday watch so I want something that looks sporty and casual. The silver looks nicer to me and for those occasions I wear actual nice watches.

ealexander

macrumors member
May 13, 2020
It’s waterproof correct? I do like all the health monitoring it does but I’ve never owned any watch besides last years Apple Watch. I don’t know what apple will have in store for all their releases but I’m excited. I haven’t opened neither the phone or watch yet. Sad isn’t it? I want to read more of your opinions on everything.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
I don't think there's any other Android smartwatch worth considering right now, especially with these offers.

I'm interested in seeing how Wear OS 3 will be from other manufacturer's watches. The Samsung UI on the Watch 4 makes it hard to judge Wear OS 3 from a UI perspective.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Got the 40mm Watch4. Trading in my Watch3 for it. So far so good. Takes a little bit of setting up but honestly this software is where they should have been a year ago. At least it's actually on par with expectations this time. Last year's was a bit of a letdown, especially on the apps side. Very happy so far, and I'm liking the lightweight "active" style watch vs the bulkier Watch3 (like Watch4 Classic) this time around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.