Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
PlaceofDis said:
tried again and all im getting is:

How infuriating, cause it's working for me. And they've made loads of improvements too...they've added an Ask Jobs button, which is linked directly to Steve and you can ask him anything. He's just given me the release dates of Tiger and the G5 Powerbooks.

I had to let him go after awhile though, something about squashing de Plums and Jeeves?! Man, unlucky that you can't access it! ;) :p

PickledSquirrel

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
Aarhus, DK
Savage Henry said:
had MSN done it I would have been foaming at the mouth; which I put down to the Jungian duality of man.

I'd just put that down to the traditional and charming bloody-mindedness of mac-users :rolleyes:

-squirrel

simX

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2002
Bay Area, CA
SiliconAddict said:
Still working for me.

Are you sure you guys aren't actually getting GoogleX from your browser cache? GoogleX isn't working for me either, and it's not showing up on the Google Labs page anymore either (it used to be there). Try emptying your cache and then reloading the page.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
yay!

I love it! Google is the search engine of my choice so I enjoy this a lot. I like the little 'OS X' poem on the bottom. Nice touch :D

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
simX said:
Are you sure you guys aren't actually getting GoogleX from your browser cache? GoogleX isn't working for me either, and it's not showing up on the Google Labs page anymore either (it used to be there). Try emptying your cache and then reloading the page.

I clicked on the link for the first time just before my original post, this was after people started reported the link as dead. And I've just emptied my cache and tried again - still working. Odd :confused:

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
They freaking took it down.

The requested URL was not found on this server.

My son is going to think I've lost my mind (more than he already does) when he reads his e-mail. I sent him a link this morning. What is Google thinking? Boneheads...

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
simX said:

Pretty sure since the first time it was from my desktop in the IT dept and the next was from a server in our server room. :p

The Tuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2003
Anybody have any screenshots from it? I didn't get to see it before it went down.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
shucks. Must have been my proxy. Oh well. Apple legal strikes again. ***holes. MS is starting to look like a saint compared to Apple now a days. What a world. :(

narco

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2003
California.
Worked for me earlier, now it's not. Someone joked about how Apple would sue them, apparently that wasn't a joke!

Fishes,
narco.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
zellin said:
Guys, we don't know that it was Apple Legal who shut it down.

true, i am wondering why it was shut down though, it surprises me that it was

i actually doubt that Apple legal had anything to do with it right now, happened too fast if you ask me, however, maybe bandwith issues? but i doubt that as well

who knows, but i would like to know

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
The site's down now. Pressure from Apple? From Google higher-ups? It irks me that it's gone.

For those who missed it and want to see it in action, I saved a movie for my brother. It just shows how inept I am at moving a mouse with a trackball (didn't plan on a larger audience), but it does show what the site looked like. Click on the pic to download the movie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.