Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GP20

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Can someone explain to me how to access the new IOS integrated contacts? I looked everywhere and simply cannot find my iPhones contacts.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I'm vacationing in Sicily for a week and will use my iPhone 5 for turn-by-turn navigation extensively. I'm with AT&T and I don't want to eat up my data plan for the sake of GPS.

I've read about Google Maps offline and have had my iPhone download the maps for the territory I'll be covering in Italy.

Questions I hope you can help me answer:

1. Since I've downloaded all the map data and will have it locally stored on the phone, can I leave my iPhone's 4G/LTE antenna on for other purposes or will that trick the iPhone into re-downloading the maps?

2. If I must turn off Cellular Data in order to avoid racking up charges, will there be any issues with turn-by-turn navigation as a result of those antennae being disabled?

Hoping someone who has used Google Maps offline in a foreign country might be able to answer.

TIA

BJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.