Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
GifGaf in the UK we’re selling a refurbished Fold for £749. Condition was advertised as “like new” and it comes with the usual warranties and 28 day cooling off period if I change my mind.

Seemed like a no brainer really, given I didn’t really have the Fold that long upon launch and a lot of things were fixed over the months with updates. I also figured I would likely get close ish to that £749 figure for trade in on a Fold 2, so why not pick one up.

It came this morning. Doing all the usual updates but the April security patch came in already.

Will set it up properly a little later and see how it fares.

IMG_5961.jpeg

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
One odd thing... That I'm not complaining about... I've loaded YT up on my fold and so far haven't seen a single advert. Both on the actual home screen and when watching videos. And ive probably watched around 10 videos so far... It's almost like I have premium, without actually having premium. 😅

Reactions: Bkdodger

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
One neat thing I've noticed that I don't think Pixels did before (must have come in an update)... when you have the battery widget if you tap your paired watch from the widget it takes you into the watch app. Pretty neat! Don't recall it doing that before.
Same when you tap the phone in the widget, it takes you to the battery settings.

Anyone updated to the 15 beta on Fold? Recommended or no?

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Still not getting YouTube adverts lol.
iPhone has them all over the home screen and as soon as you start any video. There's nothing on the Fold.
Is this googles way of making people see the app without adverts then suddenly making them appear, thus making you sign up for Premium?!

Very odd. I don't have any other premium features, like videos playing when the app is shut etc, but so far, not one advert!

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
Still not getting YouTube adverts lol.
iPhone has them all over the home screen and as soon as you start any video. There's nothing on the Fold.
Is this googles way of making people see the app without adverts then suddenly making them appear, thus making you sign up for Premium?!

Very odd. I don't have any other premium features, like videos playing when the app is shut etc, but so far, not one advert!
Do you not get 3 months free premium with a fold?

I know you normally have to claim offers like this, but I wonder if it's somehow automatically linked to your Google account that you are signed in with.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Do you not get 3 months free premium with a fold?

I know you normally have to claim offers like this, but I wonder if it's somehow automatically linked to your Google account that you are signed in with.
It wasn't a new one. It's refurbished through GifGaf but is basically "as new" and was £750. Absolute bargain for this phone and it was pristine condition too.

Also, I don't have all premium features but I just don't have any adverts coming up in any video or in the app. And I watch YT daily and have played about 20 videos in total so far!

Reactions: andy2141

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
It wasn't a new one. It's refurbished through GifGaf but is basically "as new" and was £750. Absolute bargain for this phone and it was pristine condition too.

Also, I don't have all premium features but I just don't have any adverts coming up in any video or in the app. And I watch YT daily and have played about 20 videos in total so far!
Seems you're not alone.

Quite a few reports on reddit from users with a fold who have experienced the same for months. I'd chalk that up as a result.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Really loving the Fold.
I remember liking it the first time I had it on launch, but I do think I'm using the phone a bit differently this time. For instance, I was a bit frustrated at apps that didn't look good on the inside screen. However now, I'm not using the inside screen very much at all. Only when I actually need / want to. And I'm enjoying it way more that way.

So for YouTube, web browsing, lay in bed etc the phone is open, but all other times it's shut. The form factor of the outer display is pretty perfect. I like the wide and short aspect ratio meaning it's good for one handed use too.

Really excited to see what they do for the Fold 2 now!

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Really loving the Fold.
I remember liking it the first time I had it on launch, but I do think I'm using the phone a bit differently this time. For instance, I was a bit frustrated at apps that didn't look good on the inside screen. However now, I'm not using the inside screen very much at all. Only when I actually need / want to. And I'm enjoying it way more that way.

So for YouTube, web browsing, lay in bed etc the phone is open, but all other times it's shut. The form factor of the outer display is pretty perfect. I like the wide and short aspect ratio meaning it's good for one handed use too.

Really excited to see what they do for the Fold 2 now!
Unfortunately rumors are floating around that they are going to the OnePlus style for the next release ...I also enjoy both closed and open status

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Unfortunately rumors are floating around that they are going to the OnePlus style for the next release ...I also enjoy both closed and open status
That wouldn't bother me at all. As long as it's nothing like samsungs fold then I'm fine with whatever they do.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Any idea what's happened to the keyboard on ,y outside display?! What the hell is this can't see, to change it I hate it
Screenshot_20240416-084324.png

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
GifGaf in the UK we’re selling a refurbished Fold for £749. Condition was advertised as “like new” and it comes with the usual warranties and 28 day cooling off period if I change my mind.

Seemed like a no brainer really, given I didn’t really have the Fold that long upon launch and a lot of things were fixed over the months with updates. I also figured I would likely get close ish to that £749 figure for trade in on a Fold 2, so why not pick one up.

It came this morning. Doing all the usual updates but the April security patch came in already.

Will set it up properly a little later and see how it fares.

View attachment 2365077
can't go wrong with that price....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.