Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Mines despatched, prob arrive tomorrow. It's gonna be a looooong wait till my 3G mini arrives :(

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
A black cover makes sense to me but I white cover makes no sense at all especially if it's not leather.

what do you mean, sense? it's just a cover

and yes, i prefer leather.....like my tan leather 9.7" smart cover

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
what do you mean, sense? it's just a cover

and yes, i prefer leather.....like my tan leather 9.7" smart cover

The white would get dirty and show wear easily. I was thinking about the blue for the mini and saw a coworkers blue for her iPad 2 and it showed some wear. I don't know if she abuses it or what but I definitely will be going with a the dark grey.

M87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
And here's a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 140

CapnJackGig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2011
I ordered it from the online store on friday, I was surprised because the delivery estimate was Nov. 1.

All I'm saying is, after actually seeing the dimensions in person, it doesn't seem quite so crazy wanting a full iPad for home and one of these for on the go. Personally, I'm going 100% mini.

My own personal opinion is that's a complete waste of money. Why have a home and away tablet? Laptop at home, tablet on the road.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
My own personal opinion is that's a complete waste of money. Why have a home and away tablet? Laptop at home, tablet on the road.

I had to lol at your post...because the whole reason to have an iPad in the first place is to be mobile.

M87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
That's the problem though, personally I hate carrying around the full size ipad because its just big enough that you're no better off than if you we're carrying around a MacBook. It's great for around the house though. The mini could conceivably be put in a pocket.

Techwriter

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
That's the problem though, personally I hate carrying around the full size ipad because its just big enough that you're no better off than if you we're carrying around a MacBook. It's great for around the house though. The mini could conceivably be put in a pocket.

I tend to agree. At home, I was more likely to use my Macbook Air than my iPad. I sold the iPad and just bought the Mini.

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
My red iPad mini smart cover is out for delivery today. Man, that was fast, shipped from China.

Lubo

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
Can you get a picture of the clasp section that hooks on to the mini? a close up is prefered. ;)

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Here are some more for you too! The width and height of the iPad mini is about the size of a DVD case (obviously not the thickness).

Attachments

• photo 1-2.JPG
    photo 1-2.JPG
    499.1 KB · Views: 92
  • photo 2-2.JPG
    photo 2-2.JPG
    472.4 KB · Views: 90
  • photo 3-2.JPG
    photo 3-2.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 92

blantonreed

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
I was about I post a pic of the "connection" but monaarts beat me to it. It's completely covered in the soft "suede-like" material on the inside of the Smart Cover. No metal anywhere...

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
Got mine in today too, now seeing the actual size of the mini, the mini is going to satisfy the things that were important to me.....it will fit in a rear pocket of jeans, will fit in an inside suit pocket, is not uncomfortable width wise (although I always prefer landscape even on my iphone). This thing is going to be a pleasure to carry around. Today I had a perfect example where I went to the mall shopping with my wife, I was stuck on a bench in the middle of the mall with my ipad in the car because I didnt want to carry it around in my hands. having a place to put this mini is to me the biggest advantage!

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
I was about I post a pic of the "connection" but monaarts beat me to it. It's completely covered in the soft "suede-like" material on the inside of the Smart Cover. No metal anywhere...

I like the no metal part. I know it didn't happen for everyone but I was nervous about the reports that the metal hinge on the Smart Cover scratched some iPads. Thank you for showing the pictures!

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
after seeing the close-ups, they can definitely make leather versions

thanks

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Got mine in today too, now seeing the actual size of the mini, the mini is going to satisfy the things that were important to me.....it will fit in a rear pocket of jeans, will fit in an inside suit pocket, is not uncomfortable width wise (although I always prefer landscape even on my iphone). This thing is going to be a pleasure to carry around. Today I had a perfect example where I went to the mall shopping with my wife, I was stuck on a bench in the middle of the mall with my ipad in the car because I didnt want to carry it around in my hands. having a place to put this mini is to me the biggest advantage!

I agree 100%... The iPad mini is going to make it so much nicer to use in places I spend a lot of time in: walking around the office, in the airport, in the plane, in a hotel, at a conference, etc etc. I can not wait! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.