Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
after seeing the close-ups, they can definitely make leather versions

thanks

I'm not sure if they're releasing leather any time soon.. Should have been announced and included with the release of the mini then imo..

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Looks like the clasp section will not scratch the ipad mini! On the other hand my smart cover for the ipad 3 really did scratched the crap out of the back where the magnets are!

blantonreed

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
thanks blantonreed, looks like there's a nice difference between the mini and the normal 'pad'. May get this in late November.

No problem! Some may say "there's not too much of a difference" by the look of the picture but when you see it in person and hold it, it is really a great size.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
So do these new covers skip the metal connector altogether? From what I've seen it appears the part that connects to the iPad is all plastic - should help avoid scratches.

Edit: Never mind, just saw the perviously posted pics.

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
iPad mini / iPad 4 status update

My iPad mini still shows Friday delivery but has not shipped yet.

My iPad mini cover is in Korea. First time I have ordered from :apple: and had it go to Korea.

Another note, my iPad 4 updated and shows delivery by Nov. 26th.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
I agree 100%... The iPad mini is going to make it so much nicer to use in places I spend a lot of time in: walking around the office,(I could see this) in the airport,(big one) in the plane,(big one) in a hotel,(big one) at a conference,(hmmm) etc etc. I can not wait! :)

These reasons would not justify cost to me.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
These reasons would not justify cost to me.

I understand your point but let's take another look at this:

• walking around the office,(I could see this) I have to go back and forth between co-workers showing them stuff like images, emails, and things that are working on
  • in the airport,(big one) Think of how nice it will be to use the iPad while standing in line to board, for example
  • in the plane,(big one) Much like the iPad mini, airplane seats seem to be getting smaller and smaller... this would require so much less space
  • in a hotel,(big one)
  • at a conference,(hmmm) I go to conferences for the industry I am in, such as trade shows and user groups. Not like a work conference

This is currently about 95% of the use my iPad mini gets. :)

WyattFunderburk

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
Got mine today as well. (With some familiar objects for reference)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 201

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
I ordered the dark gray too. What is your initial likes/dislikes?

I don't like that the iPad mini wasn't included in the box... I have a case but not the awesome device to go in it! haha :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it is pretty basic so I don't know what there would be to like or dislike about it. As many others have mentioned recently, I wish there was a black option rather than the dark grey.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
I don't like that the iPad mini wasn't included in the box... I have a case but not the awesome device to go in it! haha :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it is pretty basic so I don't know what there would be to like or dislike about it. As many others have mentioned recently, I wish there was a black option rather than the dark grey.

There's always a good old fashion rattle can.
They come in different finishes of black

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
I understand your point but let's take another look at this:

• walking around the office,(I could see this) I have to go back and forth between co-workers showing them stuff like images, emails, and things that are working on Reason the bigger seems better..Dont have to get too close to show whatever it is you are.
  • in the airport,(big one) Think of how nice it will be to use the iPad while standing in line to board, for example I do this in line all the time with my big one. I see how it could see easier with a small one.
  • in the plane,(big one) Much like the iPad mini, airplane seats seem to be getting smaller and smaller... this would require so much less space Yeah, but I always lay on my tray table and it's fine.
  • in a hotel,(big one)
  • at a conference,(hmmm) I go to conferences for the industry I am in, such as trade shows and user groups. Not like a work conference I can see validity here.

This is currently about 95% of the use my iPad mini gets. :)

Changed....To each their own. I'm not knocking your purchase, but to me, I don't see a time in my everyday life that I would grab that little one over my full size to do anything. Other than if I needed to be outdoor or something and needed something smaller, but I use my S3 for that.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
They absolutely must update the current smart cover for the full size ipads to this new metal-less cover, they just have too.......Pleeeaasssee Apple, I had the smart cover and it marred/ scratched the back of my ipad, and I really really liked the smart cover.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Changed....To each their own. I'm not knocking your purchase, but to me, I don't see a time in my everyday life that I would grab that little one over my full size to do anything. Other than if I needed to be outdoor or something and needed something smaller, but I use my S3 for that.

I totally agree, it seems like a lot of folks here are simply justifing their ipurchase when they all would be just fine without it. Hey admit it, you all got the thing because its just the new totally cool igadget thats pocketable with your iphone, you will simply use it the same as you did the full size ipad, probably a bit more because its smaller. Theres nothing wrong with that, its your money and you can buy what you wish...Its all good folks.

----------

Would someone be able to post a pic with the iPad mini smart cover layed over a iPad?

See page 2 post #43

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Man this thing is going to be small! I'm starting think having a mini and a full size ipad isn't so ridiculous.

Just got mine! Can't wait for the actual iPad Mini now.....

----------

Would someone be able to post a pic with the iPad mini smart cover layed over a iPad?

I have a video of it on my channel if you're still curious.

----------

Got mine as well.

Got the same color :p I had black for the iPad 3, I love the Red!

MusicEnthusiast

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Los Angeles
My smartcover (iPad 4, not mini) is going to arrive on Halloween morning here in Seattle. It's currently in Anchorage, AK.

Anyone know if the same non-metal magnetic clip like people say are on the Mini smartcover the same as on the full size iPad ones?

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
My smartcover (iPad 4, not mini) is going to arrive on Halloween morning here in Seattle. It's currently in Anchorage, AK.

Anyone know if the same non-metal magnetic clip like people say are on the Mini smartcover the same as on the full size iPad ones?

The photos on Apple Online show the same metal clip like before. I would love to be proven wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.