Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batmanofzurenar

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
Who wants to try out my OS X 10.9 DP on Mac Pro 1,1 guide? BE MY GUINEA PIG!!!! or not... your choice XD

http://wp.me/p1NdqU-7

Took me 14 hours straight to write and put together. That's right 14 hours non-stop folks... well anyways, if somethings not working or if I made any mistakes just leave a comment and I'll check it out and fix it.

Don't forget to thank Jabbawok & netkas for their hard work!

Last edited:

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
Who wants to try out my OS X 10.9 DP on Mac Pro 1,1 guide? BE MY GUINEA PIG!!!! or not... your choice XD

Took me 14 hours straight to write and put together. That's right 14 hours non-stop folks... well anyways, if somethings not working or if I made any mistakes just leave a comment and I'll check it out and fix it.

I'll try it this week. Had you posted this a few hours ago, I'd tried it.

PeterHolbrook

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2009

Many thanks for your efforts. I wouldn't mind creating a Mavericks Fusion VM from scratch. I suppose your guide can be adapted to create a Mavericks Install DMG that might be used for creating a virtual machine. I tried doing so twice last week, but did not succeed. The only thing I saw was the Apple logo, the spinning wheel and, finally, a crossed-circle forbidden sign. Do you have any pointers as to how to create such a DMG installer?

Peloche

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009

Hi BATMANOFZURENARH,

Thanks for your guide :)

For me within point 4):

4) Next we will need to bless the boot partition (Startup Disk).
In terminal run

sudo bless –folder /Volumes/BOOT –file /Volumes/BOOT/boot –setBoot –legacy

should be changed with:

sudo bless -folder /Volumes/Startup\ Disk/ -file /Volumes/Startup\ Disk/boot –setStartup\ Disk -legacy

What do you think ?

batmanofzurenar

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi BATMANOFZURENARH,

Thanks for your guide :)

For me within point 4):

4) Next we will need to bless the boot partition (Startup Disk).
In terminal run

sudo bless –folder /Volumes/BOOT –file /Volumes/BOOT/boot –setBoot –legacy

should be changed with:

sudo bless -folder /Volumes/Startup\ Disk/ -file /Volumes/Startup\ Disk/boot –setStartup\ Disk -legacy

What do you think ?

lol I'll fix that. Thanks XD

JacquesL

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2013

Looks like there was one search/replace too many.
The actual syntax should be

sudo bless -folder /Volumes/Startup\ Disk/ -file /Volumes/Startup\ Disk/boot –setBoot -legacy

the "Boot" in -setBoot should not be replaced with "Startup Disk" :)

Peloche

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
Looks like there was one search/replace too many.
The actual syntax should be

sudo bless -folder /Volumes/Startup\ Disk/ -file /Volumes/Startup\ Disk/boot –setBoot -legacy

the "Boot" in -setBoot should not be replaced with "Startup Disk" :)

Hi Jacques,

You could be right but i made it as i mentionned and it worked, original is at netkas site by MacEFIRom and it was :

sudo bless --folder /Volumes/Boot --file /Volumes/Boot/boot --setBoot --legacy

Boot with a B was the name of the partition to bless it's why i replaced it with the partition name.

Did you try it as you wrote it ?

----------

No worries it works well, i was one of the guinea pig and Mavericks works now on my MacPro 2006 and on my Hack :).

Congrats for your work batmanofzurenar!

batmanofzurenar

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi Jacques,

You could be right but i made it as i mentionned and it worked, original is at netkas site by MacEFIRom and it was :

sudo bless --folder /Volumes/Boot --file /Volumes/Boot/boot --setBoot --legacy

Boot with a B was the name of the partition to bless it's why i replaced it with the partition name.

Did you try it as you wrote it ?

----------

No worries it works well, i was one of the guinea pig and Mavericks works now on my MacPro 2006 and on my Hack :).

Congrats for your work batmanofzurenar!

Glad I was able to help :D -- So you can confirm that everything's working out of the box?

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Mavericks on Mac Pro 1,1 without Chameleon :) 64-bit. Modified boot.efi and Mach_Kernel. Test is going on now. So far no iMessage, FaceTime or iCloud due to NVRAM incompatibility. Will try to get that sorted

Peloche

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
Mavericks on Mac Pro 1,1 without Chameleon :) 64-bit. Modified boot.efi and Mach_Kernel. Test is going on now. So far no iMessage, FaceTime or iCloud due to NVRAM incompatibility. Will try to get that sorted

Hi hackerwayne,

Ooops this could be the best :rolleyes:, good luck

Peloche

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
@batmanofzurenar,

I read again your guide up to the end, i saw your mods for blessing, but your credit :

All credit is due to the incredible Jabbawok, netkas, and (some guy who’s name escapes me from the insanelymac forum)

is missing someone who started all ML story for Mac Pro 1.1, whithout him we may won't be able to install ML and up, his Netkas forum user name is MacEFIRom, http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,1123.0.html , thanks a lot to him.

MEKAO

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
???

we'll be downloading it first hand and get it tested out :p - from hackerwayne & mlforall (mlpostfactor)

what we know so far.

- won't work with anything that doesn't run mountain lion.
- efi64 only, just like 10.8.
- 64-bit support for older macs (that currently runs mlpfv0.3) is not going to be easy as many things has changed.

Success!!! Maverick on old 2006 imac!! Pics up later.

Got it working on x3100 based macbooks too. Tons of issues. Bugs and glitches everywhere and graphics doesn't quite work yet. Its gonna be like how mlpf started at first. So be patient. :)
???????????????????

Attachments

• ???? 2013-06-20 01.40.57 PM.png
    ???? 2013-06-20 01.40.57 PM.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,639

MEKAO

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
Can you give me an installation tutorial you figure demonstrates and explains?

We'll be downloading it first hand and get it tested out :p - From HackerWayne & MLForAll (MLPostFactor)

What we know so far.

- Won't work with anything that doesn't run Mountain Lion.
- EFI64 only, just like 10.8.
- 64-bit support for older Macs (that currently runs MLPFv0.3) is not going to be easy as many things has changed.

SUCCESS!!! Maverick on old 2006 iMac!! Pics up later.

Got it working on X3100 based MacBooks too. Tons of issues. Bugs and glitches everywhere and graphics doesn't quite work yet. Its gonna be like how MLPF started at first. So be patient. :)
Can you give me an installation tutorial you figure demonstrates and explains?

MEKAO

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
That how to install the Mavericks, you give me a tutorial? My English is not very goo

Are you seriously running MLPF on Mavericks? Obviously that wouldn't work >.<. Ill post it up once i get some stuffs sorted

That how to install the Mavericks, you give me a tutorial? My English is not very good

SeenJeen

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
Man oh man I would not try to get Mavs to run on a X3100 MacBook.

I think that is, bar none, the worst on-board GPU ever produced. It's much buggier than the 950 that came before it. I hated that MacBook and I was happy when I got rid of it.

It's cool that you can hack anything to work with anything, though! Keep up the good work :eek:

ferreguetti

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2013
On Macbook Air 1,1

As soon as anyone want me to try I can do it, will be looking for updates so I can try it out...

mishendr

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
Man oh man I would not try to get Mavs to run on a X3100 MacBook.

I think that is, bar none, the worst on-board GPU ever produced. It's much buggier than the 950 that came before it. I hated that MacBook and I was happy when I got rid of it.

It's cool that you can hack anything to work with anything, though! Keep up the good work :eek:

What kind of bugs then? I've been running my X3100 Macbook Late 2007 fine with 10.6, 10.7, and even now with 10.8 MLPF. No issues. I think you had hardware problems.

Spencer993

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2013
Good Luck @HackerWayne!!!!

I really appreciate all the hard work you've put into this so we can get a few more years out of our "computers" THX!!!

bolen

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Sweden

Don't forget to thank Jabbawok & netkas for their hard work!

Thanks a lot for the write-up, I used your guide as a base for installing Mavericks on my MacMini1,1 (flashed to 2,1).

I had to replace the SMBios en dsdt with the ones for my mini and add the SL 64-bit kext for the Intel GMA 950.

Now I have Mavericks running in 64-bit, albeit a bit slow thanks to the slow 64-bit GMA kexts. I'm planning to use the mini as a server so it's OK for me!

-----

Still looking forward to a new MavericksPostFactor for getting my other Mini up and runnings on Mavericks with better performance.. but maybe that's wishful thinking.. getting Mavericks to boot in 32-bit!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.