Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
Launching in May is a sure sign that WWDC is so packed that we are not getting any hardware announcements
how so? since in general at WWDC they announce, if they announce hardware, something like mac studio and maybe
mac pro
1 hour for tvOS,iOS, macOS, ipadOS and visionOS is more than enough...and another 30min for hardware

• Disagree
Reactions: Shirasaki and EugW

MichaelAdam

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2005
I have not been excited for an iPad launch since the iPad launch … New Processor New Keyboard New Pencil and soon new IOS at wwdc bridging hopefully more and more the gap with a MacBook … Would be awesome to have a M3 pro with 16 giga of Ram for my music applications … I am tired of switching from iPad to Mac all day long

Reactions: amartinez1660

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
I have not been excited for an iPad launch since the iPad launch … New Processor New Keyboard New Pencil and soon new IOS at wwdc bridging hopefully more and more the gap with a MacBook … Would be awesome to have a M3 pro with 16 giga of Ram for my music applications … I am tired of switching from iPad to Mac all day long
M3 pro cannot run with fanless design, we dont have M Pro in 15" Mba either
But for music applications M3 should be enough since the M3 Pro is more towards more heavier to gpu usage

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
The Amazing Kreskin "predicts" once again. Gurman's "news" is little more than obvious observations and "scoops" recycled from other, more reputable sources.

I've seen better accuracy on a ouija board....
that matte screen only him, that new pencil only him...so he has his insights for sure. I bet no one can predict what 2026 ipads can deliver besides maybe M4, everyone will wait for Gurman predictions and copy paste them

ictiosapiens

macrumors regular
May 9, 2006
They’ll probably put a MagSafe 3 connector on the Magic Keyboard. Unless they manage to add a coil under the Apple logo as suggested by some rumours, I can’t imagine an iPad with a MagSafe 3 connector and usb-c.

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

bscheffel

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
iPad Pro and Air might ship the week of May 6 but i still think they will be announced by April 30. Apple will not want to have the May 2 Q2 earnings call without having new iPads announced given the very poor iPad sales in Q1 and presumably Q2.

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
They’ll probably put a MagSafe 3 connector on the Magic Keyboard. Unless they manage to add a coil under the Apple logo as suggested by some rumours, I can’t imagine an iPad with a MagSafe 3 connector and usb-c.
i think people would appreciate more an magsafe 3 connector and a free usbC
Since rumors says it will be even thinner...to place also coils under the chassis is even harder unless you remove some battery and no one would want that. Plus is a win win if they have magic keyboard with MS3+usbC

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

Warped9

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2018
Brockville, Ontario.
Big opportunity for MacRumors to write another article: don‘t buy an iPad now and here‘s what‘s expected for the new iPads
That and Youtubers saying the same thing.

Fact is if a current model suits your needs and it’s on sale prior to the new model launch then save a few bucks and go for the current model. Rarely are new upgrades drastic enough to make the existing models obsolete. The introduction of Apple Silicon was a massive upgrade over Intel devices. Since then every upgrade is still a respectable 15 percent performance boost over the previous model, but for most common everyday tasks those gains will not really be noticeable. An M2 iPad Air might look a wee bit different from the M1 version, but in everyday use you won’t see it. An M3 iPad Pro will supposedly look a bit more different than the current M2, but in everyday use you likely won’t really see the performance gain.

And only a keen eye will see the visual differences. All iPads, save the still existent 9th generation, look practically identical except for size. Presently iPad 10, Air and Pro 11 look essentially identical.

nitrobear

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2024
You made me imagine an iPad Pro sitting on my MagSafe charger that barely fits my phone and holy smokes it would be the goofiest thing apple would make in years. (iPads are already really fragile and cutting a circle around the center would just make it worse since they’d have to use glass or plastic to make the coils work, but at this point, I don’t really trust Apple’s decisions that much)

manhattanmania

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2007
A
iPad Pro and Air might ship the week of May 6 but i still think they will be announced by April 30. Apple will not want to have the May 2 Q2 earnings call without having new iPads announced given the very poor iPad sales in Q1 and presumably Q2.
Agreed. I think we’re looking at an April announcement, even potentially this week, with extended preorder lead time for “in customer hands” the week of May 6.

Darren.h

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2023
I'll wait for M4 or M5 2nm Technology. for both Mac and iPad

They cant shrink the die much smaller than that.

And they had to crank up the frequency to 4 Ghz plus just to achieve better performance than the M2 Chip.

With the much higher frequency of the M3 to 4 GHZ that caused the chip to run hotter. The tradeoff.

txscott

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2012
Will wait until after WWDC to buy. If my 2018 12.9 pro continues to be supported and will run all of the AI newness Apple announces, then I will stick with my current machine for another year.

Last edited:

HouseLannister

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2021
If you have a product to launch with a press release in May, why not just hold it until June and add it to your big WWDC event? It would be more successful then. (Unless the supply chain is so bad that you don't want a ton of attention on this product.) Just makes me feel like there is too much stuff to announce in June to save time for hardware. I expect a lot more press announcements and controlled leaks until the fall iPhone event rather than big produced videos and demos for the media elite. Just a hunch.

munpip214

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Well my timeline was to get a new one by Mother’s Day. Still might happen, but it might be an IOU 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Love
Reactions: madmin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.