Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
Nothing Gurman reports isn’t vetted by Apple. If he releases disinformation it’s coming from Apple, not him.

Source? Or is this just you skepticism? Gurman claims to be independent of Apple with no direct connection. Are you saying he is lying?

Reactions: AlexMac89

ArtArt

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2024
Hello :) I am considering buying an iPad. But I’m torn between the iPad Pro 11’ 4. Generation and waiting for the new iPad Air. Do you think the new iPad Air will be better than the 4. Generation iPad Pro?

egdiroh

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2004
that matte screen only him, that new pencil only him...so he has his insights for sure. I bet no one can predict what 2026 ipads can deliver besides maybe M4, everyone will wait for Gurman predictions and copy paste them
The new pencil and squeeze gesture is from the latest betas.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Do you guys think an ipad MINI will launch? Are they still work getting now? I saw a new one for $400 which seems great!

Arctic Moose

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
And only a keen eye will see the visual differences. All iPads, save the still existent 9th generation, look practically identical except for size. Presently iPad 10, Air and Pro 11 look essentially identical.

Who the **** buys a new iPad based on how it looks compared to its predecessor, or some other model in the lineup? 🤷‍♂️

TimB21

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
These public speculators should be kicked in a delicate part of their anatomy every time they get it wrong with a pass on the first incorrect guess.

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond

Apple will likely launch new iPad Pro and iPad Air models during the second week of May, according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman.

M3-iPad-Feature-3.jpg

"For those looking for more specific timing, I'm told the launch will probably happen the week of May 6," said Gurman, in his Power On newsletter today. "Another data point to that end: Apple retail stores are preparing to receive new product marketing materials later that week. That's typically a sign that a new product release is incoming."

Apple is expected to announce the following products:
Apple last updated the iPad Pro and iPad Air in October 2022 and March 2022, respectively.

Article Link: Gurman: New iPads Likely to Launch During Second Week of May
Gurman started guessing in February. Just keep guessing Mark, you'll be right sooner or later.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dopestdude2

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2022
Do you guys think an ipad MINI will launch? Are they still work getting now? I saw a new one for $400 which seems great!
There’s been exactly zero rumors on the iPad mini unlike the air and pros so I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.

Reactions: kp98077

amartinez1660

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I have not been excited for an iPad launch since the iPad launch … New Processor New Keyboard New Pencil and soon new IOS at wwdc bridging hopefully more and more the gap with a MacBook … Would be awesome to have a M3 pro with 16 giga of Ram for my music applications … I am tired of switching from iPad to Mac all day long
You do your music/sound work on an iPad?
I have started to get back to my 3D roots using Nomad Sculpt on an iPad Pro M1, 8GB RAM… and goodness have I become a believer, the thing is amazing, I don’t want to do single 3D models anywhere else for the most part. The joy of use is unmatched imo.

Reactions: MrMacintoshIII

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
An iPad mini with a brighter screen, pro motion, more storage and faster processor would sell like gangbusters. Sadly, Apple will never make this iPad.

MichaelAdam

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2005
You do your music/sound work on an iPad?
I have started to get back to my 3D roots using Nomad Sculpt on an iPad Pro M1, 8GB RAM… and goodness have I become a believer, the thing is amazing, I don’t want to do single 3D models anywhere else for the most part. The joy of use is unmatched imo.
Yes I do music on my iPad and it’s an incredible experience thanks to multitouch … Mouse are obsolete for many many years …

Reactions: amartinez1660

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
My Uncle Sal has been going to local Apple Store every morning when they open to see if any workers have info.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Wasn't it early May?

I guess second week of May is still early May, but still.

Justin Cymbal

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2008
Boston, Massachusetts
I use the current iPad Pro that came out on October 26, 2022 pretty much every day as my main computer - I purchased a stainless steel stand about 10 years ago that I use for my iPad and I haven’t needed to get a new stand because it can easily hold any iPad and the stand makes it much easier to use it without having to hold it up throughout the day

My Dad needs a new iPad so my plan is to give him my iPad Pro (which is the 6th gen version) and I’m going to get the 7th gen once Apple releases it in May

When I bought my 6th generation iPad Pro, Amazon had the $799 model on sale for $719.99 less than 2 months after Apple released it:

So hopefully Amazon does a similar sale again (on the 7th generation iPad Pro) once Apple releases it next month

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.