Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2018
Gurman right now:

tumblr_ooqvmjegSB1qirg4co1_500.jpg

Reactions: hovscorpion12

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2018
I predict the new iPads are coming "within months".

Expect there to be price increases and limited supply!
You can just get an M2 or M1 iPad Pro and all you're going to miss out on is OLED and some small spec upgrades that'll be next imperceptible unless you're running synthetic benchmarks.

And besides, no iPad has or will ever get any kind of cooling system which means that it'll throttle even if you ever were allowed to throw something demanding at it.

Or you can buy a M1, M2, or (future) M3 Mac mini, in the $599-ish baseline configuration, and it'll run a good bit cooler and faster than this upcoming M3 iPad Pro because it has a fan.

iPad Pro is as limited and useless for a "Pro" workflow as any iPhone Pro is, or really any current iPhone or iPad.

M3 and 16GB of RAM or more doesn't mean a whole lot when it's trapped inside a big iPhone tablet that's only allowed to run iOS iPadOS apps.

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Any guesses whether or not the existing Magic Keyboards will work with the new iPads?

Would love not to have to pay the anticipated exorbitant price of this new aluminum version and find a sale on the current one.
My guess would be they will not be compatible unfortunately. If they’re doing a complete redesign on the keyboard, then I suspect the connector and magnets will be moved around. I’m already planning on another $300 or so for the new keyboard.

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

anthogag

macrumors 68020
Jan 15, 2015
Canada
Gurman will be more credible if he says they will launch one day.

I hope the keyboard zombies are very wrong and the new Pro iPad carries-on with the portrait camera.

realtired

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2024
Early February I decided to look into getting an iPad for note taking at uni and figured it’ll be worth waiting for the new oled models that would surely release in just a month. Maybe I should’ve taken those $150 off deals back then but now we’re in too deep… Another month it is then! (please don’t be a WWDC release)

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Early February I decided to look into getting an iPad for note taking at uni and figured it’ll be worth waiting for the new oled models that would surely release in just a month. Maybe I should’ve taken those $150 off deals back then but now we’re in too deep… Another month it is then! (please don’t be a WWDC release)

If they were around back then I would have totally used an iPad Mini for note taking at college.

bLackjackj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
So Gurman has now literally covered all his bases till June!

I may as well ask my local 7/11 franchise owner when the new iPad range is being released, as he mentioned in the next 2 weeks when I asked a while ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Shirasaki

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Thought it would have been on sale just before earnings call on May 2nd. Anyway glad to hear a more specific date.

Reactions: gusmula

MasterControlProgram

macrumors regular
May 5, 2022
If stores receiving marketing materials is a sign of an impending launch, why did he confidently state his previous predictions when that hadn't happened?

Reactions: G5isAlive
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.