Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevinwo

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2014
NYC
Hi everyone! This is Kevin, the creator of QuickBoard. If you have any questions, I'll answer them the best I can as quickly as possible. And thanks for reading about QuickBoard!

maxout25

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Hi everyone! This is Kevin, the creator of QuickBoard. If you have any questions, I'll answer them the best I can as quickly as possible. And thanks for reading about QuickBoard!

Hi Kevin,
Will there be an iOS 8 beta test in the near future? If so, sign me up!

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
does the API allow a different design too or does it have to look like the apple keyboard sorta? like could a dev decide to make a black keyboard with capital and lower case letters?

kevinwo

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2014
NYC
does the API allow a different design too or does it have to look like the apple keyboard sorta? like could a dev decide to make a black keyboard with capital and lower case letters?

As far as I understand, it is up to the developer to determine how the keyboard is designed, as long as you comply with the Custom Keyboard guidelines (https://developer.apple.com/library....html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40014214-CH16-SW1) and the iOS Human Interface Guidelines (https://developer.apple.com/library/iOS/documentation/userexperience/conceptual/mobilehig/).

mdridwan47

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2014

Thanks for making this app. I use a similar 'Jailbreak' app called 'PasteBoardKey' and can't live without it.

I have few questions...

1. Will it be Universal keyboard?
2. How much will/might it cost?
3. Will there be backup/import option to Dropbox? (I really don't trust icloud.)
Autosync to all iOS devices+Dropbox?
4. Security? I will put many sensitive personal data in there. How will the app protect it from prying eyes?

Also, Please add a 'Clipboard' section. So that, any text (or image?) I copy will be store to a temporary place from where I can easily add it to my 'Permanent' QuickBoard section. Thanks!

kevinwo

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2014
NYC
Thanks for making this app. I use a similar 'Jailbreak' app called 'PasteBoardKey' and can't live without it.

I have few questions...

1. Will it be Universal keyboard?
2. How much will/might it cost?
3. Will there be backup/import option to Dropbox? (I really don't trust icloud.)
Autosync to all iOS devices+Dropbox?
4. Security? I will put many sensitive personal data in there. How will the app protect it from prying eyes?

Also, Please add a 'Clipboard' section. So that, any text (or image?) I copy will be store to a temporary place from where I can easily add it to my 'Permanent' QuickBoard section. Thanks!

Great, great questions.

1. Yes, QuickBoard will be available for both iPhone and iPad.
2. Pricing to be determined
3. Backup and sync are definitely in the plans for a future release.
4. Your text clips, your contact info, your current location - not a single bit of it leaves the device and goes nowhere without your insertion. Your data only exists between QuickBoard and the app into which you choose to insert your text/contact info/location.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Another one of those software items that sound good to buy, but in actuality quickly become closet-ware. It either gets out of hand remembering your shortcuts, or your shortcut list is sufficiently short that you're saying the same phrases day in and day out; a total bore.

innominato5090

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2009
Great, great questions.

1. Yes, QuickBoard will be available for both iPhone and iPad.
2. Pricing to be determined
3. Backup and sync are definitely in the plans for a future release.
4. Your text clips, your contact info, your current location - not a single bit of it leaves the device and goes nowhere without your insertion. Your data only exists between QuickBoard and the app into which you choose to insert your text/contact info/location.

I'm quite interested in the score for the ad. Did you compose it? If so, might releasing it?

kevinwo

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2014
NYC
I'm quite interested in the score for the ad. Did you compose it? If so, might releasing it?

Thanks for asking! I did compose it! I'm working on a full-length version I'd like to release in the future, but currently the piece is only the length of the video.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
This is what I kind of thought.... But i really can't see myself even using swype. I tried their demo app and it sucked pretty bad IMO. Maybe it'll be better on a full blown keyboard. Apples suggestion keyboard looks the best.

SwiftKey is amazing. I agree, larger screen will be better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.