Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
I do not support piracy or this ridiculous mentality of trying to stick it to billion dollar corporations. It’s sucks now that we have that reputation of piracy with iOS like android has but whatever.

But….i can at least give credit where it is due. The developers did create a nice emulator. I checked it out on the boyfriend’s phone. He’s been playing Pokémon black all night and my roommate has been playing white.
It's weird to say but people never really stopped developing games for a lot of these systems. For instance, go to itch .io and search for gameboy roms. I played a demake tribute to Halo for about 30 minutes last night that was really artfully done. Delta is a great app and there are a ton of ways to play great, non-pirated games on it, whether you're ripping retro cartridges you own or buying honest-to-goodness brand new games that were developed for a platform Nintendo stopped supporting decades ago.

Reactions: aloysiusfreeman

Gengar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2022
Kanto Region
I have yet to try it out with my Backbone controller, but I'd imagine it would be an incredible improvement. It can be a bit cumbersome to play some N64 titles.

Delta app would certainly bolster the investment of a backbone controller though - especially if you have other mobile titles or any stream services like Game Pass or Playstation Remote Play
The on-screen joystick surprisingly works well when playing Mario Kart 64. I just don't care for the on-screen D-pad.

Quackington

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2010
England, UK
It is a real shame this is behind the paywalled "Alt store", and not on the EU app store,. I really don't like this future of having to install tens of different app stores.
Great app though. Apple should've allowed this earlier.
Assuming this is a joke? I downloaded it from the App Store.

Ctrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2022
I have yet to try it out with my Backbone controller, but I'd imagine it would be an incredible improvement. It can be a bit cumbersome to play some N64 titles.

Delta app would certainly bolster the investment of a backbone controller though - especially if you have other mobile titles or any stream services like Game Pass or Playstation Remote Play
PPSSPP will be out in a few weeks. Then you’ll be able to play WipEout and Locoroco on your iPhone which is the DREAM.

(If Sony trawl these forums: port these games to iOS and I will give you money for them)

Reactions: aloysiusfreeman

lostless

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
As a side note, the number of times is I've had to restart my phone because the File app just straight up freezes or doesn't have any of the folders listed when loading up the ROMs is frustrating.

Anybody else having this issue?
The files app has been very slow and buggy and crashes on both my phone and iPad in the last few weeks. Just moving files around, viewing files etc, can make it just crawl to a halt.

aloysiusfreeman

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2022
PPSSPP will be out in a few weeks. Then you’ll be able to play WipEout and Locoroco on your iPhone which is the DREAM.

(If Sony trawl these forums: port these games to iOS and I will give you money for them)
Is this for sure? I admit that I am a bit ignorant on the technical side of things, but it seems that PPSSPP uses JIT?

Reactions: Mischievous_Surf

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2002
If I only download ROM’s for games that I literally have a cartridge for then I’m not breaking any laws here in the US am I?
I don’t think anyone can say for certain how litigious future rights holders might be. Could they hang out in the shadows, wait until this reaches a critical mass and then demand access to purchase histories in order to see if those folks have roms the holder thinks they shouldn’t have. MOST LIKELY NOT. But, as with anything related to the rights of content you didn’t create/own, avoid trying to make massive amounts of money on it and you’re most likely going to be ok. And, secondarily, don’t let anyone know you’re doing it. ;)

Reactions: Macaholic868

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
It's weird to say but people never really stopped developing games for a lot of these systems. For instance, go to itch .io and search for gameboy roms. I played a demake tribute to Halo for about 30 minutes last night that was really artfully done. Delta is a great app and there are a ton of ways to play great, non-pirated games on it, whether you're ripping retro cartridges you own or buying honest-to-goodness brand new games that were developed for a platform Nintendo stopped supporting decades ago.

Let’s be real. Most ppl aren’t using it for anything they own and ripped lol. I literally live with 3 prime examples of this.

I used my share of Roms when I was unfortunately using lagdroid and I knew no better and thought lagdroid was a good OS (PlayStation Roms) as a kid but I realized both it was a terrible Os and I was contributing to piracy so I stopped. 🤷🏾‍♀️

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
Let’s be real. Most ppl aren’t using it for anything they own and ripped lol. I literally live with 3 prime examples of this.

I used my share of Roms when I was unfortunately using lagdroid and I knew no better and thought lagdroid was a good OS (PlayStation Roms) as a kid but I realized both it was a terrible Os and I was contributing to piracy so I stopped. 🤷🏾‍♀️
We're both well aware of what ROMs most people are using. My point is that you can't fairly dismiss this as a piracy tool when there are, in fact, many legitimate uses for it. Emulation being a good thing and piracy being a bad thing aren't mutually exclusive viewpoints. Otherwise I'm pretty sure we'd have to cancel YouTube, delete iTunes, and ban Plex worldwide because they're all tools that are frequently used for digital piracy, in addition to their legitimate uses.

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
We're both well aware of what ROMs most people are using. My point is that you can't fairly dismiss this as a piracy tool when there are, in fact, many legitimate uses for it. Emulation being a good thing and piracy being a bad thing aren't mutually exclusive viewpoints. Otherwise I'm pretty sure we'd have to cancel YouTube, delete iTunes, and ban Plex worldwide because they're all tools that are frequently used for digital piracy, in addition to their legitimate uses.

iTunes and emulators are not the same thing 😂 YouTube actually is fairly good about copyrighted material when reported. Good try though.

Emulators are good in theory but enabling ppl to be nefarious with it is exactly why lagdroid ha the reputation it has as cheap (which it is) and shady.

d686546s

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2021
iTunes and emulators are not the same thing 😂 YouTube actually is fairly good about copyrighted material when reported. Good try though.

Emulators are good in theory but enabling ppl to be nefarious with it is exactly why lagdroid ha the reputation it has as cheap (which it is) and shady.

Can you show us on doll where Android hurt you?

In any case, out of the box (so without providing any additional bios files), this particular emulator only enables people to 'nefariously' play games that run on systems that haven't been sold in around 20 years or more.

So even if we assume for the sake of the argument that it's exclusively used for piracy, the economic harm is pretty much non-existent. Or put differently, users aren't exactly stopping Gameboy, NES or SNES hardware and software sales.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
Delta Emulator alone is much better than the entire Apple Arcade library.

My wife: "I'm a simple woman, just the OG GameBoy version of Tetris with no IAP crap, please."

*Shots Fired*

Jokes apart, let us have some fun dude, you give Apple any reason to call off the party.

That's the thing, Apple Arcade will be just fine. It seems to have found a niche as a game library for kids, which is much needed on the scam and garbage ridden app store.

And, the content providers themselves are not meeting the market desire. I've seen a few articles talking about the fact that the only "legit" Tetris on iOS is an enormously bloated, horribly written abomination. It's just Tetris.

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
Can you show us on doll where Android hurt you?

In any case, out of the box (so without providing any additional bios files), this particular emulator only enables people to 'nefariously' play games that run on systems that haven't been sold in around 20 years or more.

So even if we assume for the sake of the argument that it's exclusively used for piracy, the economic harm is pretty much non-existent. Or put differently, users aren't exactly stopping Gameboy, NES or SNES hardware and software sales.
It hasn’t hurt me anywhere. I chose a much better ecosystem and os. I’m sorry if that offends you that I’m not a lagdroid fan.

But thank you for justifying the nefarious use of emulators. Much appreciated. /sarcasm

orangeadrenaline

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2021
It hasn’t hurt me anywhere. I chose a much better ecosystem and os. I’m sorry if that offends you that I’m not a lagdroid fan.

But thank you for justifying the nefarious use of emulators. Much appreciated. /sarcasm
What are you hoping to accomplish in this thread?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.