Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Hmmmmmm, Apple business sales woman on the Phone didnt know about the start of preorders tomorrow... it‘s gonna be interesting!

OkiRun

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2019
Japan
Still no Apple email here in Japan. I don't think such an email is coming as there was no option on apple.com/jp/macpro for notification.

• Sad
Reactions: chfilm

skippermonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2003
Bath, UK
I clicked the 'notify me' button at least once. No email in the UK – but I've given up hope of getting one in 2019 anyway. More waiting, thanks Apple.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
I clicked the 'notify me' button at least once. No email in the UK – but I've given up hope of getting one in 2019 anyway. More waiting, thanks Apple.
This is so bizarre. Why are some people getting emails and the majority still didn’t?

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
The original non-USA signups probably needed to be nix'ed because it lacked 100% GDPR compliance or some similar regulation.
At least they could’ve updated the website, giving some indication. But alright. I think we will all be able to order tomorrow. I’m just afraid now of not getting through in the business hotline here between 6pm and 8pm in the evening when orders should come online.
I already raised my credit card limit today to not take any chances ;)

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
This is so bizarre. Why are some people getting emails and the majority still didn’t?
I doubt any of us know the answer to the question and I'm not sure it really matters. Apple has made notification the 7,1 Mac Pro will start pre-orders sometime tomorrow. Unless pre-orders are limited only to those who signed up for and received a notification at this point, IMO, it doesn't really matter if someone has or has not received a notification. Tomorrow, when you become aware pre-orders are being taken, order one.

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
Early adopter syndrome on a $6K+ purchase is really taking control of these threads. The machines will eventually be readily available for purchase and would recommend waiting for at least the first few off the line to get the kinks worked out, not to mention OS changes/updates that will be need to improve and/or fix issues.

The MBP16,1 is a good indication that stuff will mostly work, but you're going to want some "stuff" fixed before it's really ready for primetime (ie, at least one OS update and/or bug fix release). Nothing in the next 3 weeks is miraculously changing in system requirements to basically lose business by not immediately acquiring an MP7,1. If you're at that point, you're doing something wrong.

Would be willing to bet nearly ANY BTO config that isn't baseline will have a shipping delay beyond initial deliveries. Delivery right before Christmas does little to nothing for most business users. Also would be willing to bet AVID is going to have first access to max spec'd machine deliveries. The "studios" working on ATV productions already have their machines and will be getting more (probably before most other people do).

thisisnotmyname

macrumors 68020
Oct 22, 2014
known but velocity indeterminate
At least they could’ve updated the website, giving some indication. But alright. I think we will all be able to order tomorrow. I’m just afraid now of not getting through in the business hotline here between 6pm and 8pm in the evening when orders should come online.
I already raised my credit card limit today to not take any chances ;)

do you have to call? I just have an online store set up for each of my businesses and can order online.

MCal27

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
Stoke on Trent. UK
Not really.. One of my major clients is a film composer who is mid way through a studio build and needs everything in during January for upcoming projects. I need his Mac Pro asap to test with his configurations and hardware.. so some of us have very valid reasons.

thisisnotmyname

macrumors 68020
Oct 22, 2014
known but velocity indeterminate
Not really.. One of my major clients is a film composer who is mid way through a studio build and needs everything in during January for upcoming projects. I need his Mac Pro asap to test with his configurations and hardware.. so some of us have very valid reasons.

If the target is Jan 31 that's probably still fine even with some lead time on BTO. Spec'ing in product that's not available yet and with a history of long leads into a time sensitive construction seems iffy to begin with though.

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
If you need everything in and ready to go by first week of Jan 2020 you should really start looking at iMac/iMacPro/MP6,1 as stopgap solutions if your client is that important. No amount of all-nighters is going to make up for shipping or BTO delays.

Reactions: MarkC426 and defjam

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
Plus as you mentioned in your earlier post, they really don’t want to be heading full steam into composing, with first generation hardware.
The client won’t be pleased if there are delays.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
@chfilm not sure if you created this off the back of my message in the other thread, but FWIW, I also haven't received any email or updates from Apple.

• Sad
Reactions: chfilm

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
Not long till tomorrow, then we will all see if the notify me changes to buy....... ?

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Fingers crossed!
Indeed. Especially I’m worried about ordering through the business hotline, never done that before, it seems prone to problems during the configuration or even just reaching someone during this run...

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Indeed. Especially I’m worried about ordering through the business hotline, never done that before, it seems prone to problems during the configuration or even just reaching someone during this run...
The last time I did... the process to get an invoice our and get them to process it made me miss a delivery window for a few days

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.