Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Not really.. One of my major clients is a film composer who is mid way through a studio build and needs everything in during January for upcoming projects. I need his Mac Pro asap to test with his configurations and hardware.. so some of us have very valid reasons.
Wow, living on the edge.

Jump onto brand new, untested hardware and software for your core business.

I'd suggest waiting until July to decide if "it's soup", and move to the new system starting with October projects.
[automerge]1575921637[/automerge]
The last time I did... the process to get an invoice our and get them to process it made me miss a delivery window for a few days
Yes, don't rush new stuff.

MCal27

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
Stoke on Trent. UK
If you need everything in and ready to go by first week of Jan 2020 you should really start looking at iMac/iMacPro/MP6,1 as stopgap solutions if your client is that important. No amount of all-nighters is going to make up for shipping or BTO delays.

Well Apple have stated ‘Available Autumn’ on there site for months so we took them at there word. He already has MP 6.1.
I need time with it in my offices to test it etc before we drop it into his studio.

As Apple seemed to have come to there senses with the design of the new MP, I guess I hoped they were on course to get something right in 2019....

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
The last time I did... the process to get an invoice our and get them to process it made me miss a delivery window for a few days
What process? Can you elaborate? I never did it before.
6% off 10.000 € is just too tempting, have to go that route, even if it means I‘ll get the device two weeks later.

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
Well Apple have stated ‘Available Autumn’ on there site for months so we took them at there word. He already has MP 6.1.
I need time with it in my offices to test it etc before we drop it into his studio.
Autumn doesn't end until 12/22. Anyone who has been in this business for any reasonable amount of time knows that vendors typically deliver near the end of their estimated timeframes. Even if not one should plan for the delivery to be at the very end of the promised time frame.

But this is all academic at this point. Pre-orders will begin tomorrow. Unless Apple is tying pre-orders to e-mail delivery notifications (such as an order code / link contained within) whether you received an e-mail or not is irrelevant. I'm puzzled as to why people are so concerned about not receiving one. I didn't sign up to get one and I fully expect that, come sometime late tomorrow morning (PST) I will be able to pre-order one.

MCal27

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
Stoke on Trent. UK
My timeline is defined by my clients and so far (been doing this Pro since 2000) We always got them up and working, so I’m not worried about that part. I just need them available to order in December and I’m good.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
Yep, but depending on your BTO spec it may not arrive until mid jan (if even available in the UK from tomorrow).
Edit: Surely his current setup is sufficient for any current project.

Reactions: MCal27 and chfilm

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Autumn doesn't end until 12/22. Anyone who has been in this business for any reasonable amount of time knows that vendors typically deliver near the end of their estimated timeframes. Even if not one should plan for the delivery to be at the very end of the promised time frame.

But this is all academic at this point. Pre-orders will begin tomorrow. Unless Apple is tying pre-orders to e-mail delivery notifications (such as an order code / link contained within) whether you received an e-mail or not is irrelevant. I'm puzzled as to why people are so concerned about not receiving one. I didn't sign up to get one and I fully expect that, come sometime late tomorrow morning (PST) I will be able to pre-order one.

At least in a few of our cases, the reason is legal for tax.

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
At least in a few of our cases, the reason is legal for tax.
There are legal / tax benefits / consequences to receiving / not receiving a notification e-mail? Can you expand upon these legal / tax reasons?

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012

why do you say they will be "pre-orders" and not regular "orders"?

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
There are legal / tax benefits / consequences to receiving / not receiving a notification e-mail? Can you expand upon these legal / tax reasons?

For not having the device set up in the current budget year, which is what I was alluding to, not recieving an email. Apologies if we were not on the same wavelength.

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
For not having the device set up in the current budget year, which is what I was alluding to, not recieving an email. Apologies if we were not on the same wavelength.
Isn't this thread titled:

Has ANYONE outside US received an email?​

The post of mine you responded to specifically stated e-mail:

But this is all academic at this point. Pre-orders will begin tomorrow. Unless Apple is tying pre-orders to e-mail delivery notifications (such as an order code / link contained within) whether you received an e-mail or not is irrelevant. I'm puzzled as to why people are so concerned about not receiving one.​

Mannaffolki

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2019
Belgium
The less people know - even at Apple - the less chances for things to leak.. Totally makes sense that no one knows anything yet.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Berlin store still shows "Notify".
true... but still, they're usually a bit slow with updating the German page. 96 minutes left and we will know.
[automerge]1575992282[/automerge]
Berlin store still shows "Notify".
hm I checked several versions of the apple page, US, Canada and Mexico don't have the notify button. Germany and UK still have it. Denmark, Greece and Spain also doesnt have it anymore. I think it's just an oversight. It's not possible that Greece is gonna get the Mac Pro before the UK.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.