Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Have I lost my mind or has the Forum Spy disappeared?
Not only can I not reference the Spy, but it seems to be gone from the Menu Bar as well

But since I see no other comments about it, I am concerned I may have let go of my last thread of sanity in this world

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
What are you talking about? ;)

We are moving to xenforo 2.1 imminently and it has an entirely new plugin system. Spy wasn’t ported over by the original dev and we didn’t get it rewritten. @MacDawg you may be the only person that was using it. Sorry :(

I turned it off in prep of the switchover.

arn

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
I very rarely look at the front page or non-PRSI sub forums.

Last edited:

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level

We are moving to xenforo 2.1 imminently and it has an entirely new plugin system. Spy wasn’t ported over by the original dev and we didn’t get it rewritten. @MacDawg you may be the only person that was using it. Sorry :(

arn
I used spy as THE way when browsing the forums.

I hope this can be returned. Not having it would be quite a let down after all these years

Honestly it’s odd to navigate the forums without it.....I keep looking for the spy link

Last edited:

bmacir

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2009

arn

I used it a LOT. Will it ever come back?

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I am sorry to hear that Forum spy is gone. :( My macrumors tab was set on http://spy.macrumors.com. That was the best thing about macrumors. A running commentary about what everyone was talking about. It's removal makes macrumors less useful to me and honestly, less enjoyable.

Reactions: Yakibomb
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.