Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
But give me feedback

Manual refresh might suit the majority of casual users. On desktop, 30" display:

1. Small type in the table. Suggest upping the size to standard forum post size. Time stamp can be kept same size. I have some small general gripes about some of the nav/copy across the entire site for accessibility (eg. WCAG 2.0) purposes.

2. Unsure whether reaction-only entries (e.g. likes etc) should be in there or whether they can be removed or filtered. It's the replies that hold the most value, content-wise. The icons are a distraction when reading down the page.

3. Perhaps the character style for the linked thread or post should be in bold to set it off from the replying poster's name. Or/and possibly include the forum's name the reply has been posted in e.g. Mac Community, Site and Forum Feedback.

4. Not sure of the current forum's back-end and features, but if there's a way of highlighting or tagging poster's names that are in your contacts/friends list, that might be helpful to many.

Seen you've added the forum title. Cool.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ya, was playing around with it. I can certainly make it look better.

- Removing reactions does seem best, but that's a little more involved
- Auto-refreshing this doesn't seem thaaaat hard... but something to do.
- It's a little flat right now. I think making replies for titles pop. I removed the forum names for now... will add them back when I have some time to work on it.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Black = New Thread
Green = Following User

spy-key.png

To get to the beginning of a thread, use the "1" page link at bottom.

Spy tab lives at the top of the forum home.

spytab.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.