Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tophusalah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
I have been pretty satisfied with my 16gb ipad with 3g!!Has everone else, if not what do u wish to c in next generation ipad:apple:

Jeff Flowerday

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
Calgary, AB
So far I'm pretty happy with my 64GB 3G.

I still haven't decided which way to go with a 3G provider.
Now that I can charge from my PCs via the Asus AI Charger, things are good.
Screen is a little hard to read on, but good read does good work with PDFs which was my main reason for buying one.

tophusalah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
memory storage

Have u found that u needed 64gb or did u get that much storage capacity just in case?

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Very satisfied, the only thing with the ipad that I'd like to see in the next iteration would be stylus/handwriting recognition. The thing I'm unsatisfied with is more the content and how much gouging is going on with newspaper/magazine/textbook subscriptions.

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
Newspapers and magazine prices are awful.

Other than that, I'm really happy with the device itself. Just waiting on Simcity Deluxe and some other apps and it'll be awesome.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I've been loving my 64GB 3G.

I got the 64GB version because my 32GB iPhone has less than 4GB left on it and I figured the iPad would have larger apps and I would probably put more things on it.

All in all, the 64GB is fine for now, but I can see me needing more as I start using it more and converting more tech books to PDF.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
To be completely satisfied I would probably need the ability to run an MS Office on it, since then I it would pretty much be able to replace my MBP. But other than that, it's been a great experience thus far.

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
By the responses - it appears you can only be 65.8% satisfied with a 16. Just think if you had gone with a 32 you could have gotten into the high 70's.

The only experience I have had with a 16 is in the apple store and I can tell you that I felt at least 25% less satisfied but YMMV.

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
Hi all. This is my first post here. I was in the fence about the iPad and finally got one last weekend. It is awesome. I am completely satisfied and obsessed with this thing. I was debating on 32 vs 64 but thought the extra $ was worth it for double the space. I have like 150 GB's of music and was able to put everything I really wanted on here, have three movies, a bunch of books,14 hours of a tv show and 3,000 photos and I still have 22 gigs left. So glad I went with 64. I always think it's worth it to spend the extra for more space Think 3G is worthless. I had to dump my iPhone last year for a BlackBerry on Verizon because AT&T's service sucks so bad in San Francisco. I love this thing.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
I love mine, with a few standard annoyances.

I am helping to care for my grandmother about 100 miles from home. I decided to travel light and left the MBP at home. Just hook my 32 GB 3G iPad and my Verizon MiFi.

It's perfect for **** I brought it to do. Surfing, email, and keeping up with RSS feeds is great. Facebook works nicely as well.

Flash isn't really an issue for me, but last night I went to Stub Hub to see about Stanley Cup tickets - go Hawks! - and their site REQUIRES Flash. No non-Flash alternative. So when I get my tickets elsewhere, I will email them and tell them why I went elsewhere. Tix are cheaper somewhere else anyway, but I won't tell them that.

vstephenson

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2007
Yes

I love it. It's just about replaced my MBA and is in almost constant use.

I am happy without the limitations and have found apps to suit all my needs from GTD, Project Management, written output and more entertainment than a grown man needs

If I could just leave Angry Birds alone I could actually get some work done

DKatri

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2009
Birmingham, UK
Overall I am really happy with my 32GB 3G. The biggest annoyance is really that the apps are so expensive in comparison to the iPhone versions of the same apps. Angry birds is a good example of this. The iPhone version is £0.59 and the iPad version is £2.99 and there is no difference apart from it makes use of e whole screen. No different levels, it's just a bit bigger.

JBazz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
Yes. It has replaced my MacBook pro and iPod touch. I was hoping it would replace my kindle, but it hasn't. I still prefer e ink for long reading.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Overall I am really happy with my 32GB 3G. The biggest annoyance is really that the apps are so expensive in comparison to the iPhone versions of the same apps. Angry birds is a good example of this. The iPhone version is £0.59 and the iPad version is £2.99 and there is no difference apart from it makes use of e whole screen. No different levels, it's just a bit bigger.
And there's a hell of a lot less levels. In my opinion this is one of the worst Apps for the iPad. I bought it about a month ago, and at the time I asked for a refund, but never received a reply.

As for the iPad itself, nope, no regrets here! I love this thing and everything about it. :)

KeriJane

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
ЧИКАГО!
After a whole week, I'm very happy with my 16gb 3G.

It's even better than I had expected.

I already hit the 19% warning from AT&T.
And that's while using wifi at home.

It really is "the next big thing".

Have Fun,
Keri

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Even 1 month later I can say this is something I'm 110% happy with.
Almost every time I use it I have a moment where I just stop and spin the iPad around looking at the front, back, sides, bottom, top.. I look the whole thing over and I think about what an amazing piece of technology it is.
The things it does and the way it does them just amazes me on a daily basis. I think Steve Jobs said "this is how the Internet was meant to be experienced" and you know what, I get that same feeling every time I use it.
I know a lot of people hate on the "magical" term when apple throws it out there but I honestly think that's a great way to describe it. I had no intention to buy an iPad. I was in WorstBuy with the intention to just "check it out". I'll never forget the first time I saw one in person and picked it up, smile from ear to ear! The second I touched the thing it was over, I had to have one. Now to me, something "magical" did happen when I first touched it! It took control of me!:)
Friends of mine who had no intention to own an iPad, same thing happened after they saw/touched mine. They had to have

ChocolateApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
New York
We bought it knowing it is a 1st gen, so my expectations we not great. I think it should be cheaper in its current state, but I expect future versions to be.

A camera would be nice not for using it as a camera as much as for using it for apps that take advantage of the camera's technology. The continuous wi-fi dropping must be fixed though.

I am satisfied with the portability. Right now I'm on my terrace, watching tourists and boats with the iPad in my lap. Life is good :)

My favorite thing to do is surf the web or read a book/vook on it while listening to music with wireless headphones. If you haven't done it, try it.

StopSign24

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
I was about 90% satisfied with my 16gb wifi model, mostly because of my mistake not getting the 3G version. This was easily fixed by putting mywi on my iPhone though.

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
I was in WorstBuy with the intention to just "check it out". I'll never forget the first time I saw one in person and picked it up, smile from ear to ear! The second I touched the thing it was over, I had to have one.

Friends of mine who had no intention to own an iPad, same thing happened after they saw/touched mine. They had to have

Same thing here. The screen is brilliant and it was impressive to see what it could do better than the iPhone. People say that it is just a big iPhone, but I think the iPhone is an iPad nano.

btrav13

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Oklahoma
I am more than satisfied with mine! I bought it merely to read books on, however I find myself doing TONS of stuff on it now...it's kind of my personal companion :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.