Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
Got a 16gb WiFi model with Apple case and after a few days I'm very pleased with both.

Only wanted a bigger Touch and and it fits that bill extremely well:)

st1ngo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2008
Sadly I'm not happy :mad:

Its not in my opinion worth the money and i am more than happy with my MBP and iphone........The ipad has added nothing to this.
I have tried hard to love it but its not happening

So thanks to Apples wonderful 14 day money back guarantee its being returned tomorrow

fehhkk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
Chicago, IL
Very satisfied. Still have 40gb left... I was thinking on getting a 16gb, but I would have it almost filled up by now...

N2PVP

macrumors member
May 8, 2010
NJ
I am very happy with mine the only thing I would love to have is the ability to print to a wifi printer.

historyteacher

macrumors member
May 23, 2010
Just got mine last night.

I am extremely pleased with my iPad so far. I was a little concerned about some of the wifi issues…but mine has been speedy all throughout my house. Just waiting on my PS anti-glare now!

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton
Have u found that u needed 64gb or did u get that much storage capacity just in case?

Using about 30gig so far. 32 gig model would have been tight. 64 gig 3g is nice and roomy, with ample space to grow into it over time. Well worth the extra $100 for double the storage.

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
Completely! I love this thing. I got the 64GB 3G and don't think I could be much happier.

I take a minimum of eight 14 hour flights a year (New York - Korea/japan). It's worth the price just to have it for those flights. I tend to not be able to sleep very well on planes, so I'll watch up to 5 movies per flight. I have about 50 home movies and work related movies in addition to about 30 full length movies almost completely filling up my 64GbB. It's amazing to have that kind of selection so I can browse and see what I'm in the mood for or delete a few movies If I find I need the space in the future.

I still travel with my 13 inch MBP as a portable desktop for it's DVD, cd, USB and video chat capabilities. My trips are 6-8 weeks on average. So, unless the iPad had all those features, which would pretty much make it a laptop, I don't really need any of them on the iPad.

Make no mistake though, The are still some tasks I need to do on my MBP, but I prefer to do everything I can on the. iPad. It easily accounts for 95% of my computer time.

Moomba

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
Charlotte, NC
100% satisfied with 64gb 3G as well. I bought a new i5 MBP about 2 weeks before the iPad and they are both a great compliment to each-other. For daily tasks, books, research, and on-the-go work the iPad 3G is wonderful. I use the MBP mostly for content creation... video editing, photo processing, and creating iPad/iPhone apps. I wouldn't replace either of them. Yes 64gb is more than I need/use currently but I'd rather have extra and not need it than to need extra and not have it. The iPad 3G, for me, is the perfect grab and go device.

I love my iPhone, but frankly I prefer to use the iPad at virtually every point. Aside from testing new iPhone apps I really have no desire for a new iPhone when the new ones arrive soon. Frankly, I kinda hate my iPhone 3G. It's dog slow and drives me crazy. My iPad gives me warm fuzzies. ;)

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
I'm satisfied with what it is, how it does it, etc..

But I've got some debris under the screen out of the box so that's a disappointment.

davyreins

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Ann Arbor
Very satisfied, the only thing with the ipad that I'd like to see in the next iteration would be stylus/handwriting recognition. The thing I'm unsatisfied with is more the content and how much gouging is going on with newspaper/magazine/textbook subscriptions.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want handwriting recognition? I know this is something my Dad would use on his old PDAs, but to me it seems a little outdated. Especially since there is a portrait/landscape keyboard. Is there some advantage to it or are you just used to using it?

ReallyOldGuy

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
old people write faster than they type....actually, its handy in situations where you have to hold the iPad with one hand, you can then write with the other

billyjoegibsonx

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
Not completely satisfied :( wifi seems to drop connection and signal stays at one bar (iphone has full signal) and there is countless amounts of dust under my screen which produce white dots over my screen

But! Have an appointment at the genius bar in a few days as i visited them yesterday and the genius told me to come down wednesday to have my ipad replaced, and that i need not make an appointment, but i did just incase they refuse to see me because i dont have an appointment.

Fingers crossed for a brand new-working properlly-replacement ipad :D

doobry

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2010
I'm satisfied with what it is, how it does it, etc..

But I've got some debris under the screen out of the box so that's a disappointment.

Someone on the uk delivery thread mentioned the same and apple offered to replace it as a priority. Have you contacted apple about it?

As for am I happy with mine? Heck yeah, although I asked to have roaming enabled but it wasn't but I'm using a mifi device I got from work anyway.. I brought it on holiday with me and it's great for viewing the photos we've taken so far, checking the weather, email etc.. Keeps my Twitter addiction at bay too with the awesome tweetdeck app..

Apple have really nailed it with the photo app, the only thing missing is being able to rotate pics and save the rotation aspect..

9/10 from me... I don't miss multitasking tbh...

sinophilia

macrumors regular
May 7, 2008
Italy
I'm in love with the damn thing. And as the iPhone 2G, it can only get better over time. Can't wait for OS 4.

It can do so much more than an iPod Touch, I can't understand why most people don't see it. An I don't find it expensive at all, on the contrary. Amazing piece of touchscreen technology for half the price of a Macbook, which most of the time is used for the same tasks, only it's heavier, slower, hotter, needs a power supply, etc.

Only annoyance is content. As said above, books and magazines are expensive, some apps have crazy prices, and I hate to buy them again if I already have them on the iPhone.

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Its amazing! Just so handy. One of my fav things is that if i need to browse the net i just reach for it.

The amount of times in the past, I would shut down my pc then remember some site that i wanted to check but couldn't be arsed to turn the pc back on.

Funny enough one of the things that really impressed me was the official Apple case, it got so many bad reviews but i think its really great. None of the pics on the site do it any justice. When its in the case it just looks so slick.

On another note, I posted in another thread that Zagg is doing 50% off screen protectors for the ipad (today only)

The front only screen protector comes to £13.83 and that includes recorded delivery Royal mail. Play.com has it for pre order for the 10/06/10 for £17.99.

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10006537&posted=1#post10006537

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
I would say I'm 90% satisfied with my iPad. It's great for web browsing and email on the go. It's also great for watching movie's and TV from NetFlix and those I've purchased from iTunes. The 10% dissatisfaction does come from missing Flash (not meaning to beat that dead horse). I've been surprised at how many sites I frequent on my Mac that require Flash that I really would like to access on my iPad. An example - my local newspaper has it's complete print edition available for reading online but it is Flash based. Plus I still haven't found a good substitute for Quicken. I've ended up using my Mac a lot more post-iPad than I thought I would. But I still love my iPad (at least 90% of the time) and would never consider getting rid of it.

ibosie

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
London
I have been pretty satisfied with my 16gb ipad with 3g!!Has everone else, if not what do u wish to c in next generation ipad:apple:

Very happy with mine. A little disappointed with iWork not being as compatible with the Desktop version as the promo videos make out but there's time for software updates.

iPhone OS 4 where are you? Lol

brewno

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Very satisfied. It's cooler than I thought it would be, specially with Netflix on it. I'm just waiting for iPad-specific apps like Facebook, Skype... and also multitasking.

st1ngo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2008
My ipad went back to apple this morning
No issues they just refunded my card and asked me what I didnt like
I'm happily tapping away on my MBP feeling relieved I havn't wasted £600

navjot

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2009
Had mine for a few hours. Love it! Ordered the 16gb 3G from apple's online store but that wasn't going to arrive till next week. Went out and got the 64gb 3G this morning and cancelled the other order.
Love it! I would consider getting a 'dumbphone' in the future just to make calls/texts and an iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.