Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So baby spinach has been like my ‘go to’ supplement mixing with almost every protein for my breakfast/lunch/dinner, but this particular brand by ‘Bright farms’ is really good, it’s not as ‘course’ to chew as regular/full-size spinach.

Anyways, if you see this in your grocery store, try it

5C872BB7-A834-4839-8A81-19AC8D24A4C6.jpeg

Bonus picture:

New Sony WH-1000XM3 ANC headphones for the ‘home gym’ work outs.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Actually, those are really good shipping times. I follow a few fitness channels on YouTube, and some equipment is back ordered until May, due to the whole ‘new home-gym’ movement. I think you’re really gonna like those ‘Go-fit’ bands. They’re not your typical resistance band, and you’ll find out that you can really put a lot of stress on them without feeling that they’re cheap or won’t last. (The attachments make the difference for The endless customization.)

Press on!
Bench came. Waiting for resistance bands, coming this week. Weights, not yet sure.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Grilled Steak Carnitas with white rice, pinto beans, Lima beans, cilantro, fresh tomatoes/onions, hot sauce and baby spinach. (Coupled with a variety of seasonings.)

Yeah, it was that good.😁....and healthy.
44A773CF-5B54-4658-A4FA-67609A251829.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: jpn

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
You can buy around 4 lb of organic baby spinach from Costco for cheap...

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say this depends on store location.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
You can buy around 4 lb of organic baby spinach from Costco for cheap...

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say this depends on store location.

They sell larger containers (I think up to 2lbs) of the baby spinach that I like, but I can’t eat 4 pounds before it would actually expire. I mean, I am just one man here. 😁

As for Costco, in my city closed down due to the pandemic. Plus, they were having a lot of issues with ‘overcrowding’ in the stores they couldn’t control, so I think it was for the best.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
They sell larger containers (I think up to 2lbs) of the baby spinach that I like, but I can’t eat 4 pounds before it would actually expire. I mean, I am just one man here. 😁

As for Costco, in my city closed down due to the pandemic. Plus, they were having a lot of issues with ‘overcrowding’ in the stores they couldn’t control, so I think it was for the best.
You can wash, pat dry and freeze it. You'll just have to use it in cooked dishes. I throw it in soups but it works great for risotto or orzo dishes. Also for blending in smoothies.

Reactions: 44267547

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Unless my home scale is wonky, I’ve gained 6 pounds in the last two weeks. Clearly walking 3 miles, 3 times a week is no substitute for my pool/gym routine! ? Deserts, my life long nemesis are out, again! Let’s see how long before I fall off the wagon. :oops:?

• Sad
Reactions: millerj123

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Unless my home scale is wonky, I’ve gained 6 pounds in the last two weeks. Clearly walking 3 miles, 3 times a week is no substitute for my pool/gym routine! 🤨 Deserts, my life long nemesis are out, again! Let’s see how long before I fall off the wagon. :oops:🤔

Probably a low-high weigh in, very likely hydration driven (so figure ± ~2 lbs or more from just that). I mean, 3 lbs a week isn't unbelievable - if you would've said like 16 lbs, I'd have to hear you've been eating 8K-10K calories a day - but unless you've had a pretty major uptick in calories, I'd say it's probably more like ~1-1.5lbs/week plus the aforementioned typical variance. :)

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Ordered these Bands online for delivery mid-April. The bench From bowflex should be here this week. We are waiting for shipping confirmation of the weights.

FYI for anyone looking for the Go Fit products (since they're dried up at Amazon and several sources), Scheels Sporting goods has the 90lb set for $34.99 delivered :)

Reactions: I7guy

Macsonic

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2009
Unless my home scale is wonky, I’ve gained 6 pounds in the last two weeks. Clearly walking 3 miles, 3 times a week is no substitute for my pool/gym routine! ? Deserts, my life long nemesis are out, again! Let’s see how long before I fall off the wagon. :oops:?

Unless I’m wrong, body weight does not tell the whole story of overall health. If you’re 6 lbs heavier, may not mean you’re not healthy. Muscle is heavier than fat. The article below is about a woman who did some cross-fit exercise. In the mirror she was leaner than before but she weigh much heavier.

Years ago I was applying for a job and underwent the pre-employment medical check up. The doctor wrote in my medical report that I was “Obese” as my weight exceeded my BMI. He disapproved my medical exam and indicated in the report, obese and with hypertension. o_O I disagreed and explained I regularly do workouts. The doctor laughed like I was bluffing. I then got a general blood test specially the important Triglycerides Test. Triglycerides measure the amount of fat in your blood. My result was 58mg/dL. Normal borderline is 150mg/dL. I submitted my blood test result accompanied by photos of my working out. The doctor has no explanation why I was heavier but with a very low Triglycerides. Anyway he approved my medical exam.

Reactions: Huntn

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Muscle is more dense than fat. It takes up less room. One substance cannot be heavier than another if you measure them 1:1 in weight, and not volume. And unless at his age he's on TRT among other drugs mainly illegal compounds at doses enough to cause him heart failure, he's not putting on 6 lb of muscle in such a short time frame.

Best bet is to go by feel or how you look, Hunt. Is your waistline slimming up even though you've gained weight? Great, you're on track. This is a blip caused by a multitude of factors including but not limited to fluid retention. I'd worry if you find yourself having a hard time buttoning up your trousers.

Reactions: jpn

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Zenny,

In terms of affects (As in cleansing your internals), would be there a difference between consuming solid prunes V.S. drinking prune juice?

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011

It probably goes without saying, but one should weigh themself nude, first thing in the morning immediately after waking up and urinating.

Reactions: Huntn

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Zenny,

In terms of affects (As in cleansing your internals), would be there a difference between consuming solid prunes V.S. drinking prune juice?
Prune juice is dried prunes soaked in hot water for a long time and then blended up by the manufacturer. They add citric acid and ascorbic acid for both preservation and vitamin C. Prunes have iron, and vitamin C greatly improves iron uptake.

Do whatever makes more sense for you. I like prunes here and there, but prune juice keeps forever and it's convenient. Also if you're unlucky and end up with skunked beer, you can add some prune juice to it. Covers up the nasty skunked flavor but it's still healthy even if you're drinking beer.

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Prune juice is dried prunes soaked in hot water for a long time and then blended up by the manufacturer. They add citric acid and ascorbic acid for both preservation and vitamin C. Prunes have iron, and vitamin C greatly improves iron uptake.

Do whatever makes more sense for you. I like prunes here and there, but prune juice keeps forever and it's convenient. Also if you're unlucky and end up with skunked beer, you can add some prune juice to it. Covers up the nasty skunked flavor but it's still healthy even if you're drinking beer.

The other reason I ask, is I find that prunes are hard to digest. That’s why I opt for prune juice (But in small doses). But good info, especially with the Vita-C point, thanks.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
The other reason I ask, is I find that prunes are hard to digest. That’s why I opt for prune juice (But in small doses). But good info, especially with the Vita-C point, thanks.
Huh? Do you have digestion issues or find they give you heartburn? You could mix it in your morning smoothie. It's what I do and drink on an empty stomach prior to breakfast.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Huh? Do you have digestion issues or find they give you heartburn? You could mix it in your morning smoothie. It's what I do and drink on an empty stomach prior to breakfast.

Well, I don’t know. I just find that they don’t digest very well with me for some reason. I never thought of blending them, I generally don’t make it a habit of taking prunes on a regular basis, but I do try to infuse them in my diet when possible (Only in the AM).

Probably something not very appetizing on a ‘foodies Menu’, but Prune frosted scones are really appetizing.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
A silver lining to this pandemic is that I'm getting into much better habits. I usually get takeout a lot, but this is forcing me to stock up at home and prepare my own meals. It's not only healthier, but it's saving money.

Reactions: Macsonic

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
A silver lining to this pandemic is that I'm getting into much better habits. I usually get takeout a lot, but this is forcing me to stock up at home and prepare my own meals. It's not only healthier, but it's saving money.
We mostly cooked at home already, but I'm saving on gas and drive time. The drive time frees me to exercise more.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I walked 4.6 miles the other day. 500 calories burned. I‘m sill noticing my back seems tight over my left hip when I start, but then it subsides as I’m walking, but always a bit tender. Longing for the Y to reopen.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
L o n g-Post ahead: {No TDLR}

So not to involve any type of PRSI content, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about the gym and my devotion over the last 20 months to B.B., (and obviously a lot of gyms are closed due to the pandemic.) We’re not slated to open any gyms until at least mid May in my state, and I’ve been following one specific infectious disease Dr. in my state [Highly respected] who’s been providing daily blogs on the pandemic and where he foresees hotspots to increase. Long story short, I’m ultimately migrating back to my ‘home gym‘ and abandoning bodybuilding. The pandemic has already disrupted my bodybuilding routine in terms of making the commitment for the last 7 weeks, and to be honest, I think my health is far more Important then training five days a week, increasing my chances of contracting C/19 in area that poses a high probability.

My ultimate concern, (which I’ve witnessed multiple times firsthand), is you have those who go to a gym to train no matter what when they’re ill (Or even those A-Symptomatic), and I can’t think of a worse area to be part of during this era than being in a gym setting. I Simply just can’t and won’t risk it right, until things can improve. And I know for certain, I’m not the only one that feels this way moving forward.

Now, I’m not canceling my membership, (as I have a free one anyways), but I plan involving more cardio, and free weight training at home in my spare bedroom for the time being, but I can still train, it just won’t have all the diversity of different types of machines/cables.

But I just want to say, that the bodybuilding commitment really challenged me in a way I’ve never been challenged before. It was physically demanding, I gave it everything I had for five days a week, (and I mean literally everything). All The eating, sleeping, supplements and I even had the opportunity to help some other people around me to educate them with weightlifting. It was an experience I’ll never forget, but I realize this is a chapter in all of our lives that we have to adapt and overcome, and this I feel is the best possible decision for my well-being. It was an amazing commitment, And I’m thankful I have the opportunity Say ‘I did it’ and I’m proud of the results I earned.

Thanks for reading.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
L o n g-Post ahead: {No TDLR}

So not to involve any type of PRSI content, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about the gym and my devotion over the last 20 months to B.B., (and obviously a lot of gyms are closed due to the pandemic.) We’re not slated to open any gyms until at least mid May in my state, and I’ve been following one specific infectious disease Dr. in my state [Highly respected] who’s been providing daily blogs on the pandemic and where he foresees hotspots to increase. Long story short, I’m ultimately migrating back to my ‘home gym‘ and abandoning bodybuilding. The pandemic has already disrupted my bodybuilding routine in terms of making the commitment for the last 7 weeks, and to be honest, I think my health is far more Important then training five days a week, increasing my chances of contracting C/19 in area that poses a high probability.

My ultimate concern, (which I’ve witnessed multiple times firsthand), is you have those who go to a gym to train no matter what when they’re ill (Or even those A-Symptomatic), and I can’t think of a worse area to be part of during this era than being in a gym setting. I Simply just can’t and won’t risk it right, until things can improve. And I know for certain, I’m not the only one that feels this way moving forward.

Now, I’m not canceling my membership, (as I have a free one anyways), but I plan involving more cardio, and free weight training at home in my spare bedroom for the time being, but I can still train, it just won’t have all the diversity of different types of machines/cables.

But I just want to say, that the bodybuilding commitment really challenged me in a way I’ve never been challenged before. It was physically demanding, I gave it everything I had for five days a week, (and I mean literally everything). All The eating, sleeping, supplements and I even had the opportunity to help some other people around me to educate them with weightlifting. It was an experience I’ll never forget, but I realize this is a chapter in all of our lives that we have to adapt and overcome, and this I feel is the best possible decision for my well-being. It was an amazing commitment, And I’m thankful I have the opportunity Say ‘I did it’ and I’m proud of the results I earned.

Thanks for reading.
Was 5 days a week enough time to let your body recover?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.