Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Excellent habit. I like to run in the summer when it's available as the weather gets nasty here in the winter. But there are limits but I think that there's overall benefit to doing a variety of activities as time permits.
I used to run all winter in Minnesota, no problem. Besides a couple of layers, hat, ears covered, and gloves, on occasion I did have to wear ski goggles. With wind and cold, your eyes are the primary vulnerable point, but I’m talking when you get down around 10F.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I used to run all winter in Minnesota, no problem. Besides a couple of layers, hat, ears covered, and gloves, on occasion I did have to wear ski goggles. With wind and cold, your eyes are the primary vulnerable point, but I’m talking when you get down around 10F.

I will run down to 22 degrees. But I've gone for walks in -20. I have a lot of gear from Eastern Mountain Sports, Nike, New Balance for running but running outside in the winter means a ton more laundry. I have a spin bike in the basement and I can just go to the YMCA and run on the indoor track or the treadmill.

I have balaclavas, ski goggles, tights, tops, baselayers, mid-layers, wool socks, lots of gloves of varying thickness.

I also have neuropathy as a result of chemo. It's like Raynaud's disease where your fingers and toes buzz or go numb in cold temperatures.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I will run down to 22 degrees. But I've gone for walks in -20. I have a lot of gear from Eastern Mountain Sports, Nike, New Balance for running but running outside in the winter means a ton more laundry. I have a spin bike in the basement and I can just go to the YMCA and run on the indoor track or the treadmill.

I have balaclavas, ski goggles, tights, tops, baselayers, mid-layers, wool socks, lots of gloves of varying thickness.

I also have neuropathy as a result of chemo. It's like Raynaud's disease where your fingers and toes buzz or go numb in cold temperatures.
I did not wash any of my outer clothing, and my sweats not that often And… they did not reek… noticeably. :)

Reactions: pshufd

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Yesterday the Missus and I stopped in at the grocery store for our fall vaccinations, 3 of them, flu, Pneumonia, and RSV. Today I have seriously sore arms, and feel a little off, will most likely avoid my Wed workout. The word is that The new COVID booster will arrive in October.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Yesterday the Missus and I stopped in at the grocery store for our fall vaccinations, 3 of them, flu, Pneumonia, and RSV. Today I have seriously sore arms, and feel a little off, will most likely avoid my Wed workout. The word is that The new COVID booster will arrive in October.
Was your RSV covered by insurance? I tried to get it a few weeks ago and it was not covered at that point ;(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.