Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RadioGaGa1984

Suspended
May 23, 2015
Hmmm, I don't doubt you but can you provide a link? I did a forum search and read through the 5 pages of the hermes story from earlier today. I'd like to find it for the sake of locating it.

Ya know I've been searching too. And was just coming to reply I think I got mixed up and it was someone with the ceramic and the cloud sports band. But I can't find it either now. Either way I don't need the smaller either and like you said you don't. But seems odd that it says it can be configured for both per normal sports band.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Ya know I've been searching too. And was just coming to reply I think I got mixed up and it was someone with the ceramic and the cloud sports band. But I can't find it either now. Either way I don't need the smaller either and like you said you don't. But seems odd that it says it can be configured for both per normal sports band.
I just ran a high powered LED flashlight throughout the packaging and can't locate it. Besides putting the packaging through X-ray, I'm not sure what else to do.

RadioGaGa1984

Suspended
May 23, 2015
I just ran a high powered LED flashlight throughout the packaging and can't locate it. Besides putting the packaging through X-ray, I'm not sure what else to do.

Wow lol. I'd say you've certainly done your best. I'm beginning to really think it was a person on here with the ceramic and cloud sports band who did end up finding it. But I still do think it's odd.

Reactions: btrach144

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Wow lol. I'd say you've certainly done your best. I'm beginning to really think it was a person on here with the ceramic and cloud sports band who did end up finding it. But I still do think it's odd.
I just checked Reddit as well. This seems to be the only unboxing thread on MR, 9to5Mac, or Reddit. I saw a few Hermes watches for sale in Sydney and London so I'm not the only owner. I guess everyone else is busy enjoying their watch :D

RadioGaGa1984

Suspended
May 23, 2015
I just checked Reddit as well. This seems to be the only unboxing thread on MR, 9to5Mac, or Reddit. I saw a few Hermes watches for sale in Sydney and London so I'm not the only owner. I guess everyone else is busy enjoying their watch :D

Yea this is the only one I could find as well. I did finally find the thread and it was the ceramic edition. They finally found the short length hidden inside the manual.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ceramic-apple-edition-such-a-disappointment.1997804/

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Saw that the Apple Store in Bellevue had a Series 2 42mm Hermes available. It was the only one in stock.

Nice pics. Should have video also (yeah.. I'm greedy. sorry). Did Sport band comes just one size?

Forget it. Just read the whole thread. Still can't believe Hermès doesn't include small size.

[doublepost=1474681776][/doublepost]
Excuse the hairy arm :)

Both bands included.

So Hermès has Numerals watch face now...

Last edited:

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Nice pics. Should have video also (yeah.. I'm greedy. sorry). Did Sport band comes just one size?

Forget it. Just read the whole thread. Still can't believe Hermès doesn't include small size.

[doublepost=1474681776][/doublepost]

So Hermès has Numerals watch face now...
No roman numerals. Still the typical 3 fonts with the ability to select the number of numerals that appear. The only thing that has change with the Hermes watch faces is you can now make the numerals orange or silver.

Reactions: matrix07

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Looks beautiful. I love Hermes leathers. Simply the best quality I have ever come across. I really want the Fauve Single Tour Deployment Buckle

I'd be concerned that getting the band off (to swap to a sport band for exercise, for example) would be a PITA with that band. It's one piece, correct? If so it seems like it'd be an annoying process to remove it.

nathanjbrown

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2008
Santa Barbara, CA
Also, I assume the 38mm might include the small sport band. This is the 42mm version so I can verify it includes only the large sport band.

I hope this is true. My wife and I are planning to buy "his & hers" Hermes Watches soon. She'll be upset if the 38mm doesn't include the orange sport band in a smaller size. I think she's most excited about that sport band.

Thanks for this unboxing. Well done! And it looks AWESOME! As someone else said...drool worthy!

mhoutman

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
Awesome photos and congrats with your Series 2 Hermès edition :)

Yesterday I got a call from Hermes Munich that my reservation for a Apple Watch Series II, SS Single Tour Barenia with folding buckle arrived and was ready for shipment but also yesterday after visiting the Apple Store Amsterdam I decided to buy another AW Series 2, the Apple Watch Series 2 Space Black with rubber band and an extra black nylon band.

As I own the Hermès original Apple Watch (I would never sell it) buying yet another steel watch would not justify the cost of almost € 1600, and if I would have the series II I would never wear the original Hermes again.

So soon I will have best of both worlds: an original Hermès with leather straps and a Series 2 with rubber and nylon.

With Series 3 it is time to have a careful look at the next Hermès again :)

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I hope this is true. My wife and I are planning to buy "his & hers" Hermes Watches soon. She'll be upset if the 38mm doesn't include the orange sport band in a smaller size. I think she's most excited about that sport band.

Thanks for this unboxing. Well done! And it looks AWESOME! As someone else said...drool worthy!
I didn't take out the sport band on my 38mm but there appears to be only one band size, as well.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
I didn't take out the sport band on my 38mm but there appears to be only one band size, as well.
Apple really needs to update their site as they make it seem like it comes with both S/M and M/L.

It appears we've confirmed the 38mm comes with the s/m and the 42mm comes with the m/l.

Attachments

• IMG_1705.PNG
    IMG_1705.PNG
    546.4 KB · Views: 583
Reactions: circatee

nathanjbrown

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2008
Santa Barbara, CA
Apple really needs to update their site as they make it seem like it comes with both S/M and M/L.

It appears we've confirmed the 38mm comes with the s/m and the 42mm comes with the m/l.

Yeah. This is weird. That image you shared really makes it sound as though we're missing a second band in the box. Is it possible that this is an error on Apple's part?

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
They still haven't convinced me that the Hermes is worth it. I love the bands, no doubt. I would pay that much for one of them. But, the whole watch, just for the face? I dunno... I'd like to see what they do with the 3rd generation.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Looks amazing! I'm still on 5-7 week dispatch. Will just have to keep looking here until it arrives....

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Yeah. This is weird. That image you shared really makes it sound as though we're missing a second band in the box. Is it possible that this is an error on Apple's part?

Remember last year the Hermès did not come with any sport band.

mmmaco

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014

If you have time, could you measure the length of the band? If the 38mm only came with the M/L band, instead of both the S/M and M/L, it would be too large for my wrist

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
If you have time, could you measure the length of the band? If the 38mm only came with the M/L band, instead of both the S/M and M/L, it would be too large for my wrist
I have the 42 mm so I can't comment on the 38mm. The sport band is just like all of apple's other m/l sport bands.
[doublepost=1474789882][/doublepost]
They still haven't convinced me that the Hermes is worth it. I love the bands, no doubt. I would pay that much for one of them. But, the whole watch, just for the face? I dunno... I'd like to see what they do with the 3rd generation.
Then you're probably not the person who they're aiming for to begin with. The wonderful sales ladies at Hermès of Seattle asked if I had flown in.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.