Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kestasm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2017
I have Govee T2 connected to Meross Smart Plug Mini. Automation ON LG TV ON Smart Plug Mni ON (does not work after updating Apple TV 4K 128 GB) and LG OFF SMART Plug Mini OFF (works). I have read this thread and understand that there is no solution for this at the moment apart from homebridge. Do I understand correctly?
HomeBridge started loading the Home app for me. I didn't like it very much, deleted it and created Home Assistant. unfortunately, the automation is not through the Home app. and through HA. It works good.

hatak

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2023
Has the automation started working for you because it still doesn't work for me?

kestasm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2017
It didn't start working. Nothing has changed and I'm waiting for version 17.2, but I think I'll be lazy to try since I made automation on HA.

lemonkid

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2015
New update and still not working ;(
Have you tried to go into your settings > iCloud > switch off Home app from syncing to iCloud, (in all your devices except your AppleTV because you can't) and restart all your devices including AppleTV?

Then re-enable the iCloud syncing in all your devices that use the Home-app, beginning with the device from which you have set up the automations. I am not sure if the last thing matters, but that's how I did it.

My automations are now working, even though I had problems after the updates.

berniemacmac

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2019
I also have the problem because my Homekit automation with LG G1 OLED TV is not working. My TV is supposed to turn on the Hue lights behind the TV as soon as it is switched on, but it doesn't do this.

When the TV switches off, the lights go out too! At least that works.

I have the latest iOS and tvOS beta and even that doesn't work the automation with the switch on.

It's just annoying. Maybe I'll switch to the Homey pro 2023.

Kieran4599

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2023
My automation are not working anymore after updating to tvOS 17.x.x.

I have smart lamps, the automatic lamps always worked when the TV was turned on. Now the lamp never comes on when the TV is turned on. When I turn off the TV, the lights turn off and it works fine. Is everyone like that? Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Hey all,

I too am having the same issue. If you go to https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/#feedback-assistant
there is a link that will open the Apple Feedback portal. I have submitted an incident there (screenshot below) and if everyone does the same with a similar title then hopefully this will get escalated and fixed soon. I’m going to post this same information on a couple of other forums that I’ve found this same issue on and hope to get it patched soon! Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_5257.png
    IMG_5257.png
    626.9 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Neoyaru

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I wonder if it's an apple problem, or an LG problem

I think everyone with the issue has an LG.

I also have an LG, but I use homebridge instead of native homekit, and both the on and off automations work fine for me.

hatak

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2023
I have a Sony and LG TV. This problem occurs with LG, but not with Sony. However, this does not change the fact that everything worked before updating TV OS 17.

losthell

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Hey all,

I too am having the same issue. If you go to https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/#feedback-assistant
there is a link that will open the Apple Feedback portal. I have submitted an incident there (screenshot below) and if everyone does the same with a similar title then hopefully this will get escalated and fixed soon. I’m going to post this same information on a couple of other forums that I’ve found this same issue on and hope to get it patched soon! Cheers!
any update for your ticket , 17.3 tvos and still not working automation with lg c1 .

Kieran4599

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2023
any update for your ticket , 17.3 tvos and still not working automation with lg c1 .
Absolutely nothing. Have just been flat out ignored :( Not sure if anyone else took my advice and submitted feedback, but it’s probably something that requires a good few people reporting an identical issue before they actually take notice unfortunately.

Neoyaru

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
Same issue here. Have an LG TV and a Hue LightStrip which turned on through an automation by turning on the TV. Hasn’t been working for quite some time now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.