Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
So, do we know what time the Pre-Order goes up? I'm in the UK, assuming it's 1pm for us, but cannot see anything confirming.

easy4lif

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2005
Southbay CA
Well, the iPhone 12 mini and pro max go in sale the same day, so I’d assume 5 am pacific.

8 hours ahead for London 1pm I think

Reactions: Ansath

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
Nothing official stating that though?
Apple: "Customers in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Spain, the UK, and the US are able to order HomePod mini beginning at 5 a.m. PST on Friday, November 6"

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
Apple: "Customers in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Spain, the UK, and the US are able to order HomePod mini beginning at 5 a.m. PST on Friday, November 6"

Ahh where was that? I hadn't seen that. Their twitter account didn't answer the question lol.

Reactions: Joe Rossignol

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
For those in the US....if you have a chase shappire card, they are currently offering an additional 25% or 50% bonus on points when you redeem through apple. I am planning on using mine to get a HomePod mini on Friday

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
is anyone on the West Coast going to wake up at 5am to pre-order? I'm hoping that demand will be lower than for the iPhone 12/Pro so I can still order without a huge delay at 7 or 8am.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
is anyone on the West Coast going to wake up at 5am to pre-order? I'm hoping that demand will be lower than for the iPhone 12/Pro so I can still order without a huge delay at 7 or 8am.

I am generally awake anyway at that time, so I will almost certainly have my order placed just as soon as it becomes available.

Personally I wouldn't necessarily get up early just to order one of these, I can't imagine that the demand will be so high that it would be sold out within just an hour or two (or that your order would not be fulfilled with the first batch of deliveries).

But we'll see! it is inexpensive enough that it is probably an easy, even impulse, purchase for a lot of people. I may order two . . .

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I ordered a single white HomePod mini this morning as soon as Apple's website began to accept orders. Delivery confirmation states that it will ship in 5-7 business days, and delivery is estimated to be Nov 17-19.

Reactions: DiamondarBoss

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
My one ended up as a 'guest' order and no payment showing yet, and now I cannot check the status.....

Out of panic, I ordered one through the app (as originally it was not letting me in to order, had the 'we're getting ready' screen). That shows on my app, but no payment.

So, I might end up with 2 valid orders! Will just cancel the second one if that's the case.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
Or . . . 2 = stereo!
It's 2 orders of 2, so it would be 4, which is excessive! I live in a house share, so I only wanted 2 mini ones for my room, as I have a 4K monitor that acts as my work screen, then my telly/gaming screen/casual internet screen, so can use it for those activities, or just playing out podcasts/music/audiobooks, calls, etc.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
White Mini (UK) order - dispatches 7-10 days - Delivery 19th - 24th Nov (Free delivery)

For some reason Apple Pay was failing to authorise my Credit Card, so used my Debit Card instead.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Wow! Express Delivery, or free?

I’m in the Southern US and my Delivery Dates are in the Post above yours.
Free Delivery - Express would have given the 16th - 19th, so I chose not to do it. I'm in the Midwest.

60DFDB69-502D-44DC-83BA-73E1AA93C0C7.jpeg

turtlebud

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
a few alternatives i've seen are bestbuy, bhphoto, and adorama. bestbuy _says_ that it will ship on 11/16, but we'll see. I placed an order for a second one (which I may or may not keep) and will see which comes first :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.