Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Now you're just going to have to contend with "how come He/She's down the mall while I'm stuck here"?
Hahaha, well it’s not actually stopping any functions from working.... yet. So I guess it was more just a question. Thanks

macboi_pro

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2020
Mine just shipped! Just checked on FedEx and the anticipated ship date was the 16th, however it's midnight in Lebanon,TN. However, the package is arriving to my home tonight!

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
My estimated time for delivery is 8:30am to 2:15pm for November 17, and mine is coming from Carlisle, PA, and its in Hagerstown, Maryland right now, then next stop in somewhere in Virginia, then to my house

Reactions: m.rcl_

Madchemic39

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2020
Mine has arrived, and setup was simple!

got 2 as a stereo pair. Had thought that photos and general queries would play out as a stereo pair too, but sadly just music, podcasts and Apple TV audio.

how do we enable Dolby Amos? The HomePod Mini’s did a software update, but can’t see the option in Apple TV settings.
No Dolby Atmos on Mini. Maybe they will fix this. Also the good option would be Home theatre mode on Minis.

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
London
Just want to check can you see them on your device but on theirs they can't see each other. Or is it you can't see them on your device?

If it's the first then it's down to them cutting each other off from tracking petty but fair enough, If it's the second then if you've paid for the phones and they're under 18 I'd ask to check their Find My app to make sure that share my location is on.

I used to think tracking kids was a step too far but gotta admit although I won't spy on my Son if we can't reach him that's my first port of call?
My mum still wants my tracking and I’m a 27 year old man. ?

My whole family, and myself and my partners all have the tracking on. Just so much easier to look at someone’s location rather than asking where they are.

ZeChild

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Glasgow, UK
Not long now??

Attachments

• 780B9C59-6860-4D88-9C7C-9A1C9A393389.jpeg
    780B9C59-6860-4D88-9C7C-9A1C9A393389.jpeg
    800.6 KB · Views: 115

m.rcl_

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
Berlin
They are amazing!
Just picked up two from a local Apple Store and got two by UPS. Now I have a stereo pair in the living room, one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. But the stereo pair is a bit weird. If I change the song/volume one speaker lags behind for half a second. Sound wise there are better than expected.

ah, now they are updating … ??‍♂️ Maybe it improves afterwards a bit.

Attachments

• 761448E6-EDA9-4AF8-9F0A-06FB2F14EDB9.jpeg
    761448E6-EDA9-4AF8-9F0A-06FB2F14EDB9.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: George Dawes

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
In the UK. Within the past hour or so, status has changed (but not delivery date):

Arrives Tue 24 Nov​

Preparing to Ship

Adding: They have taken my money as well. I tried to check earlier but my bank app was being sillly and not allowing me to login.

Last edited:
Reactions: kuruption

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
They are amazing!
Just picked up two from a local Apple Store and got two by UPS. Now I have a stereo pair in the living room, one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom. But the stereo pair is a bit weird. If I change the song/volume one speaker lags behind for half a second. Sound wise there are better than expected.

ah, now they are updating … ??‍♂️ Maybe it improves afterwards a bit.
Apple probably could fix with another software update

George Dawes

Suspended
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
Mine arrived this morning, have to say very impressed

Sound quality is really good and fills even a large room , Siri is ok , not as good as on my watch though oddly

Had to subscribe to iTunes Match to really make the most of it , gave it to my elderly dad , he loves it ? although he keeps forgetting to say ‘hey siri‘ all the time ...

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I’m FINALLY able to see my tracking information for my pre-order.
I have a UPS Origin scan in Nashville, TN yesterday.
Just left from there is morning.
Scheduled to arrive tomorrow 11/17 before 9PM. I should have it by 1 if normal delivery times hold.

In other news, I made the mistake of ordering my second from Best Buy yesterday because they said I would have it today. Of course, I get a Delay notification with shipping by the 19th, but I can’t cancel my order. Grrr.

In good news, I saw availability at my local Apple store this morning, so I ordered one for pickup this afternoon.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
There are still many store pickup options for this week from Apple UK. Looks like they’ve got many batches of stock going to stores everyday, overtaking the online orders.

Reactions: George Dawes

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
In the UK. Within the past hour or so, status has changed (but not delivery date):

Arrives Tue 24 Nov​

Preparing to Ship

Adding: They have taken my money as well. I tried to check earlier but my bank app was being sillly and not allowing me to login.
I have the same date. Still stuck on processing and they haven't taken the money yet

• Sad
Reactions: polyphenol

jimmysalg

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2007
Miami
Hmm, this time around my delivery does not seem doing so well. - - Ordered at 8:05 EST, Nov 6 - Color: Space Gray
- Standard shipment: Nov 17 - 19
- Charged last Thursday, Nov 12

Everything early up to here.

Got FedEx tracking at Sunday, Nov 15:
- 1:51 AM shipment information sent
- 6:49 AM Shipment cancelled by sender

EMail from Apple on Sunday, Nov 15 and another tracking number from FedEx:
- 7:51 AM Shipment information sent
- Estimated delivery Nov 19
- Shipping from Lebanon, TN to FL

No movement since yesterday morning. It seems that FedEx has not received package.

Anyone else seeing odd status like this?
Yes I had a shipment then cancelled, and another shipment was issued. However mine is moving.

DiamondarBoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2020
Dallas, TX.
UK issue!

Anyone know how Homepod minis get to the UK?

The issue below could impact deliveries - possibly regardless which port as ships are being redirected to alternatives already. Hence all ports potentially affected. Even if flown in, port disruption is likely to impact air cargo as well.

Shops warn of Christmas stock shortages as PPE shipments clog key UK port​

Retailers blame surge in Christmas imports, Brexit preparations and vast backlog of NHS equipment at Felixstowe
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...k-shortages-as-ppe-shipments-clog-key-uk-port
Apple uses UPS and FedEx Aircraft. No ships.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.