Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pilotpat

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
so far not a huge fan does not compare to my Sonos one.
It was never meant to compare to the Sonos One. They are in completely different classes. If you honestly thought it would be the same, you were deluding yourself. For what they are, based on what i've heard (mine won't be here until tomorrow), they seem to be exactly what I was expecting. Roughly equivalent or slightly better than the new Amazon Echo Dot.

Reactions: caligurl

man02195

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Just arrived, sounds very good for the size, not the same as HomePod, but for the size, really good
Edit: ordered grey and white about an hour after ordering the iPhone12ProMax's for the family. The grey one came 2 days before FedEx said it would, and the white one will probably come 1 day before FedEx said it would. Very different maths FedEx uses compared to UPS.
62733226396__133B19E4-F848-4796-A13D-ACF8CB201F0E.jpeg

Last edited:

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
They also have them at Best Buy for pickup too that I saw!
I saw that too, but when I saw Apple also had them in stock, I chose Apple since I can order using the military discount. Apple is actually closer to me than Best Buy as well.

Picking up in another 30 minutes!

SDArch

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2011
Just arrived, sounds very good for the size, not the same as HomePod, but for the size, really good
Edit: ordered grey and white about an hour after ordering the iPhone12ProMax's for the family. The grey one came 2 days before FedEx said it would, and the white one will probably come 1 day before FedEx said it would. Very different maths FedEx uses compared to UPS.
View attachment 1671058
I didn't even notice the home pod....my eyes went right to your stove!

ZeChild

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Glasgow, UK
Ok so I've had the HomePod Mini's for a few hours now and I'm impressed, the set up was simpler than I remember it being when I bought the original HomePods at least in getting them to work as a stereo pair.

The sound quality vs size is amazing and doesn't distort even at higher volumes which in fact are too loud in the room their set up in at full tilt, for 99 bucks these are well worth the price plus if you've got a new iPhone the 20w charger is handy to have around.

Melmanoh

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2020
It was never meant to compare to the Sonos One. They are in completely different classes. If you honestly thought it would be the same, you were deluding yourself. For what they are, based on what i've heard (mine won't be here until tomorrow), they seem to be exactly what I was expecting. Roughly equivalent or slightly better than the new Amazon Echo Dot.
You're absolutely right. This is my current set up for now I just couldn't do with the muffled sound compared to the Sonos. I do want Siri in the bathroom not sure what else to do.

Attachments

• tempImageHvrben.png
    tempImageHvrben.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 162
Reactions: pilotpat

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Love this HomePod Mini! I have my music podcasts playing on it now. It has great sound on its own, can’t wait to have this paired up with the one coming from Apple tomorrow.

Best Buy is also delivering my order tomorrow so I may just keep it for the family room or the master bathroom depending on how well the intercom works.

jaming82

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
So both of mine have shipped (black and white) yesterday but here is the thing, the black one “shipped“ first with no estimated delivery date. The white one “shipped” in the middle of the night and now has an estimated delivery for the 19th. I still don’t have updated info for the black one at all. It is really kinda weird. I like many others did order within the first few minutes of the store going live on preorder day and god the 17-19th delivery date.

man02195

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
So both of mine have shipped (black and white) yesterday but here is the thing, the black one “shipped“ first with no estimated delivery date. The white one “shipped” in the middle of the night and now has an estimated delivery for the 19th. I still don’t have updated info for the black one at all. It is really kinda weird. I like many others did order within the first few minutes of the store going live on preorder day and god the 17-19th delivery date.
Same here, the FedEx system is really screwed up right now

DiamondarBoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2020
Dallas, TX.
FedEx tracking showing “Picked up” from Nashville, TN for Delivery Tomorrow via Overnight Delivery.. I am using a reference number to track it.
Still “Preparing to Ship” on Apple’s end. Huh.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
In the UK. Within the past hour or so, status has changed (but not delivery date):

Arrives Tue 24 Nov​

Preparing to Ship

Adding: They have taken my money as well. I tried to check earlier but my bank app was being sillly and not allowing me to login.
In the UK. Woke up to a message from Royal Mail re a parcel from syncreon Technology. Will arrive 08:17 to 12:17.

As the order status kept saying 24th November, this represents a considerable improvement. :)

By the way, the Apple lorry hijack is reported to have been £5 million, 48 palettes, including watches, iPhone 11 and AirPods. (It wouldn't be the first time this type of information has later been found deliberately misleading when first released.) Stuff was loaded onto another lorry and the one that was held up has been found.

Reactions: Kebabselector

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
Bro. Save ur negative BS for someone else. You don’t know me or my situation. But thanks for stopping by!

It's pretty disrespectful to ask for someone's military discount in my books, as they can go through a lot. If you were in the military, then you could get that discount.

• Love
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.