Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontlookback82

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2009
Mine came today, the date given was next week so I am super happy to get it now. I can't actually believe just how good it sounds for something so small.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Mine arrived today and what can I say other than WOW. This little thing is fantastic ! It’s my first HomePod, setting it up was a breeze. I’m not a real audiophile so for me the sound is great. And it works perfectly well with my lights.

I put it in the bedroom and ordered another for the living room right away. The second will not arrive before end of December but that’s okay...

Bye bye Alexa ?

D3ggy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2019
Mine all set up and its great for its size, sound nowhere near as good as my full size HomePod but i was expecting that.

i bought it primarily to use as a speakerphone and home automation interface. I am however disappointed I couldn’t use it with Teams for mic and sound from my ipad. Anyone any tips on this?

be09c79b067a2de3ec7ceb53067ba0cc.jpg

2fd0ad57c83f2009743f1ca4cb3a2cd3.jpg

chinanderm

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2014
Iowa
My two Minis arrived a little bit ago and I just got one of them set up and updated. It sounds pretty darn good for such a small device.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I ended up ordering one and was scheduled for December delivery. Store delivery was net day! I got one and immediately got a second the next day.
For testing is set it up as a stereo pair next to my desktop setup and it sounds so nice they will stay there!
And they look nice. I have a larger HomePod on my desk and it took too much space.
The quality impact of two over one is significant.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I'm loving the new babies! Seriously wish I hadn't jumped on getting the larger one for the bedroom, as I think the baby would have been a better fit for the decor in there. Trying to convince the hubby we need one in the spare bath, too just cuz they are so.darned.cute!

In hindsite.... wish I'd gotten the white ones. I knee-jerked the gray as that's what the large ones we have are (and those work in that color) but the baby in all the pics, in white... TOO ADORABLE!

if they ever go on sale lower than the $89 I paid... i'll probably jump on it and replace the bathroom one with a white one and maybe stereo pair the black ones in hubby's shop?.....

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I ordered 2 black mini's on the 17th. Delivery December 4, 2020 - January 4, 2021!

I really hope they double or triple production of the mini's so we can all get them early December.
If you have a local Apple store that is still open, check the website every morning for stock. That is what I did and picked my 2 up in a day, versus waiting weeks for a delivery.

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
I have ordered a couple from the german Apple retailer Gravis, as neither the regular Homepod or the new Homepod Mini are available in Denmark.

Eagerly awaiting delivery but I think they are back-ordered for a few weeks to come at least.

larzy

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Denmark
Follow-up - Gravis just sent out an email telling that they don't expect stock before end of January. And that is although the german Apple page only has 5-6 weeks of wait. I ordered on november 6 :-(

Bballrob

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2017
Alaska
I ordered on pre-order day 1 about two hours after opening. Mine shipped yesterday and is due for a Monday delivery. As is my new iPad Air.

numair.a

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2020
I ordered on pre-order day 1 about two hours after opening. Mine shipped yesterday and is due for a Monday delivery. As is my new iPad Air.
That's interesting because I ordered mine 5 hours after opening, mine shipped today and is coming tomorrow. I live in New Jersey

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I was offline for a few days and didn't set up my 2 HomePod Minis until a couple of days ago.

Absolutely love them. Both are in my home office for stereo sound. Love. Love. LOVE! Amazing for such small speakers.

I will open the 3rd and set it up in the family room to test out the intercom feature.

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
FYI to those who have ordered from Apple, and have a waiting period before delivery.

Wanted to order 4 Space Gray minis for my nephews for Christmas. However, I was tardy on doing so, and placed the order with Apple on Tuesday November 24. Was given a delivery window of December 17-24.

Slept on it, and thought that was cutting it pretty close, so I ordered 4 from Bestbuy on Wednesday November 25.

The Bestbuy order is being delivered on Saturday November 28.

Last edited:

uttrekr

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Athens, TX
Adorama - anyone actually receive one from Adorama? I ordered back on release day Nov 6 from them and am still back ordered.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
There seems to be an incredibly small amount of stock coming in to the Apple Stores in the UK. I've been checking daily and there's been no stock available at the 12 nearest stores to me, so I wonder if there's a big shipment due from China soon?

Edited.... its not a great look for Apple to have HomePod Minis all over their Christmas shopping promotion on the site and in-store when you can't actually get them until January.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpaterson69

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I just noticed that the homepod mini ship dates have improved in the US up to Dec 18th. They were into January earlier today.
I hope it will be the same in Europe , I'd love to get mine before the January 8 date I have .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.