Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuruption

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2008
Just had a message - shipped and should arrive by 19/11/2020 (I assume, end of). No tracking (as expected - it is the "cheap" Royal Mail delivery).
I got Royal Mail and although when I pressed track delivery nothing loaded, by opening the page in safari and clicking on the url, the url was formatted incorrectly, however at the end of the url it had the Royal Mail tracking ID which works for tracking it.

Reactions: polyphenol

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
In the UK. Woke up to a message from Royal Mail re a parcel from syncreon Technology. Will arrive 08:17 to 12:17.

As the order status kept saying 24th November, this represents a considerable improvement. :)

By the way, the Apple lorry hijack is reported to have been £5 million, 48 palettes, including watches, iPhone 11 and AirPods. (It wouldn't be the first time this type of information has later been found deliberately misleading when first released.) Stuff was loaded onto another lorry and the one that was held up has been found.
Although I have been told it will arrive today, by 12:17, it only arrived at the depot, which is a good hour and a half drive away, at 11:01. So either "no chance" or misleading time(s).

Added:
It was no chance. :( Guess it will be tomorrow...

Updated:

15:22 - got another message saying would be delivered today.
17:41 - well after usual deliveries - knock, knock - delivered. :)

Clearly something odd happening inside Royal Mail. We NEVER get things this late. Only live yards from their depot and I thought they were closed up by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zari

DiamondarBoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2020
Dallas, TX.
Well this is a surprise! My order Shipped Overnight and is now for delivery today!

Ordered Nov 6, 1 hour after Preorders opened.

Delivery Range of November 18-23. (Express Delivery)

EE33BC5D-90E8-4097-9A10-D1079E29F645.jpeg

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
Just got my first one, and the second will delivered by lunch. This is used in my office, and I like the cleaner sound with less bass than the bigger one. Ill move the big one back home to do Dolby Atmos with my TV.

Reactions: DiamondarBoss

ZeChild

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Glasgow, UK
Out of interest does anyone know how large the geofence is that Apple uses to tell your HomePods that you've left the house?

Just found out that after 3+ years of using Hive products they integrate with Homekit and my HomePod Mini's lol.

Reactions: caligurl

DiamondarBoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2020
Dallas, TX.
I. AM. LITERALLY. SO. ANGRY.

FedEx says they “attempted delivery but couldn’t deliver the package as I wasn’t home”.

WELL

I was literally in the front room facing out the window, to my path and the road in front of my house.

No FedEx Truck. No FedEx person. No people or vehicles at all, actually.

They said that they left a “door hanger” at my door.

None of those.

I am so angry.

angelofioren

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2015
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC
I ordered mine right when the store opened and created two orders to get three of them. my original date was Nov 25-27 but I got my order of one yesterday (the 17th)and then my order of two today.

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection
Although I have been told it will arrive today, by 12:17, it only arrived at the depot, which is a good hour and a half drive away, at 11:01. So either "no chance" or misleading time(s).

Added:
It was no chance. :( Guess it will be tomorrow...

Updated:

15:22 - got another message saying would be delivered today.
17:41 - well after usual deliveries - knock, knock - delivered. :)

Clearly something odd happening inside Royal Mail. We NEVER get things this late. Only live yards from their depot and I thought they were closed up by now.

I had a text message from them yesterday telling me ‘Your Retailer’ (I’ll assume it’s iStore who I pre-ordered mine from) should have been here today but nada.

Am only 10 minutes up the road from our nearest sorting office but I agree with your sentiments-the other week I ordered some contact lenses online and they delivered them at 8pm at night ?

Reactions: polyphenol

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
England
I’m having constant issues with my stereo pair after a good start. ?

Constantly podcasts and music will stop co,img out of one of the pair for about 30 seconds, then come back.

the other issue is that some times one of the pair will just flat out state it cannot connect to the internet, until I restart it, and end up having to reset the pair.

no idea why this is happening. They are about 10 feet from the WiFi router (nighthawk wifi6 one, so pretty decent). They are within 3 feet of each other. No other devices have issues. Only have about 5 devices connecting to the router via WiFi.

hoping there’s an update to sort this out.

Reactions: DiamondarBoss

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Really liking mine so far, pissed you can't stereo pair them to a Mac, but hopefully that will come.

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
Just set up mine and wishing it was wireless and compatible with MagSafe charging puck (which would sit at the bottom of the unit). Guess it will be the next version....HomePod Mini Pro?

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
How is everyones HomePod Mini doing? Mine is is doing good

Just set mine up and took first test drive. Sound is really excellent - I put it on my desk along with the two 'adult' HomePods, and tried a few tracks from my music library. The quality of the mini is very very good, with much less depth and bass to the sound compared to the full size HomePods, and much less maximum volume available. All of this is what you would expect, and with all of that said, I'm very pleased with this little speaker.

I don't really have a plan yet for where I'll be using it, but the size makes it considerably more flexible in placement.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Waiting for mine , it should be delivered today but on UPS it's still not out for delivery yet and it's 11 am !

dontlookback82

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2009
I've had a text saying that I should expect my parcel today. I can't wait get it set up and working in the kitchen.

Melmanoh

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2020
not really liking the sounds it’s very tiny and lacks bass. I went back to Sonos (I know they don‘t compete) and will use the mini to control my Sonos in the bathroom.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Baby HomePod arrived today. Will set it up tomorrow evening once my new 12 Pro arrives tomorrow morning. Was watching Apple TV last night with my stereo linked bug HomePods. Awesome sound.

• Love
Reactions: caligurl
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.